Author Topic: Blank keycaps for Cherry MX  (Read 2612 times)

Offline peda

Blank keycaps for Cherry MX
« on: Sun, 26 June 2011, 07:18:28 »
Hey all,

i am looking for blank replacement keycaps for my Ducky DK9008G2.

I was looking around and basically the ones I found are either the Filco (http://www.armygroup.com.tw/shop/goods.php?id=5370) ~ $ 24.--
or the Ducky (http://global.pchome.com.tw/?mod=item&func=exhibit&IT_NO=DCAH0X-A53717984&c=A15&tm=u) ~ $ 52.--

My question is now why there is such a big price difference and why are the Duckys more expensive (as my gut would tell me that Filcos should be priced higher)?

As a side-question: Does anybody know where i can get white (preferable blank) keycaps?
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 June 2011, 08:02:11 by peda »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 June 2011, 07:43:37 »
ABS vs PBT? PBT are usually more expensive. For white keys there are some interesting ones that imsto is doing a groupbuy for.

Offline peda

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 June 2011, 10:45:31 »
thanks for the reply.

So the Filco are ABS and the Ducky are PBT. I couldn`t find that information.

Also thanks for the tip with the groupbuy but i saw that and i don`t like them tbh. I want something "edgy" looking like the ones which were available here: http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?19048-2-Extra-White-engraved-Slots-in-group-buy.

unfortunately noodles256 never replied to my PM i sent and i think he sold them before he got my PM?!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 June 2011, 10:47:49 »
I think so, someone else can confirm on the ABS. Post a WTB in the classifieds, you might luck out.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 26 June 2011, 11:10:26 »
Quote from: peda
So the Filco are ABS and the Ducky are PBT. I couldn`t find that information.

Hmm.. I thought Duckies were ABS unless you get Year of the Tiger which is a limited edition or switch the keycaps yourself.

I want something "edgy" looking like the ones which were available here: http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?19048-2-Extra-White-engraved-Slots-in-group-buy.

Those are PBT engraved keycaps and like lysol said, keep an eye out on the Classified section or if you don't wanna wait, shoot imsto a PM to see if he has any left (here's the link to his group buy thread).

unfortunately noodles256 never replied to my PM i sent and i think he sold them before he got my PM?!

Noodles is a busy man these days.. with his group buy and all.  And also those PM's are easy to miss (I know I've missed a few).  Shoot him a PM again or just post in his thread and ask.  That way he can't miss it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 June 2011, 11:56:25 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 26 June 2011, 11:54:58 »
I think Duckys might come with ABS on the keyboards, but their aftermarket caps are PBT. Look like the same ones that were on ArmyGroup, speaking of which, if you want to settle for black with lasered legend they are cheaper than pchome.
edit: I checked and they still don't have the black on black ones back in stock, so it's even less likely you'd want the white infilled ones.

edit again, just noticed qtan's groupbuy in which there appears to be non-printed white 104 set available.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 June 2011, 14:44:08 by lysol »

Offline peda

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 02:13:24 »
thanks again, gentlemen!

really appreciate your help.

i am joining in on qtan's groupbuy :)