Author Topic: Help me to find HQ scissor board with so layout?  (Read 2814 times)

Offline test157

Help me to find HQ scissor board with so layout?
« on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 07:27:43 »
I need high quality scissor board with this layout

it must be WIRED

anyone saw something like this?

Offline test157

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 07:53:00 »
ps: also anyone know if sony uses scissors or chicklet? (what is the difference bettween them?)

Offline Pylon

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 08:51:23 »
Check out Ripster's DealExtreme "HHKB Killer"

IMO the USB Thinkpad keyboard is superior layout wise and the typing quality is likely superior, but it's $60.

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 08:53:15 »
Hmm, think you'd be just as happy with an Apple wired keyboard as well. Works great on Windows.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline test157

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 09:17:20 »
small apple keyboard doesn't have pgup/down/home/end - right? (i'am windows/linux user)

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 09:20:17 »
Quote from: test157;370545
small apple keyboard doesn't have pgup/down/home/end - right? (i'am windows/linux user)

Well you want the wired one which is the full size keyboard. The wireless one does not though you can definitely do it with Autohotkey.

Offline test157

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 09:21:49 »
HHKB killer goes without insert key?

Offline The Solutor

The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline test157

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 09:31:38 »
left bottom - not control? thats sucks ((

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 09:34:02 »
Quote from: The Solutor;370549
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=38&Code=55Y9003¤t-category-id=E9ADAEB6787146E29B78400A33E7FE8A

Hardly you can find anything better

All the PC guys at work have a ThinkPad. I have to say I really don't love the layout/feel of the keyboard. Would rather a Cherry/Topre or even Apple scissor board any day.

Offline test157

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 09:34:50 »
maybe cherry doing some scissors?

Offline test157

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 09:39:05 »
or I need to buy just Logitech Illuminated and forget about this )) just wanted to switch to notebook like layout and feel, from my current HHKB (will go for sale here soon)

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 09:44:35 »
Quote from: test157;370559
or I need to buy just Logitech Illuminated

Also a great board, I stopped to suggest it because such tenkeyless craziness, so trendy these days.
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline test157

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 09:52:32 »
another I thought it's Enermax Aurora - did you have any chance to compare them? or maybe some one else had these 2 boards?

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 10:00:09 »
No, never tried it. BTW I consider backlit as a main feature of a modern board, so, for my needs LI is way better than EA.

Logitech is also nice because it's uncommon mechanism an the slightly increased key travel, the only drawback is the raised first row that many people found unpleasant.

Offline test157

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 10:02:52 »
what you like more - classic scissor or their perfect stroke?

I have TOPRE HHKB and don't really big fan of the keys, as have big travel. so they are bulky compared to scissors. so Illuminated will more like scissor (old logitech ultra x) or like topre? or somewhere in the middle?

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 10:23:23 »
Frankly the bestest scissor switch keyboard for my likings is the one present on the Thinkpad edges, and in the thinkpad X100e and 120e, if built by NMB is just perfect, if built by chicony is very very good.

But is not available as a standalone board.

Logitech illuminated is very close to it although the longer travel, which is somewhere in the middle between a full travel board and a classic scissors one.

Personally I care more of the definite tactile feedback than the travel length, and obviously you may have different likings/needs/priorities.

Offline rsantos97

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 15:37:06 »
Quote from: test157;370570
what you like more - classic scissor or their perfect stroke?

I have TOPRE HHKB and don't really big fan of the keys, as have big travel. so they are bulky compared to scissors. so Illuminated will more like scissor (old logitech ultra x) or like topre? or somewhere in the middle?

No, the Logitech Illuminated feels very much like a rubber dome keyboard but with low profile keys unlike other scissor style keyboards.  I liked the UltraX better.  I also liked the Thinkpad keys from my x21/x22.  The key press on the Illuminated also requires a decent amount of force.  The key press has a pretty big snap to it as well.  So you get a shock going up your fingers to your wrist when typing on it.  I am surprised no one else complains about it.  I am also on a quest to find the best scissor style keyboard.  Right now I am using cherry MX Brown switch which is nice and soft but I still prefer low profile keys of scissor style keyboards.

Offline morethanless

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 16:38:10 »
TheCherry Evolution Stream is better than the illuminated.
The Cherrys key's aren't wobbly.

[video=youtube;vHoOPW73wkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHoOPW73wkQ[/video]

Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless LineaR
(Cherry MX Red)