Author Topic: Question for people who have the "Realforce 23U Tenkeypad"  (Read 4248 times)

Offline ambroise

Question for people who have the "Realforce 23U Tenkeypad"
« on: Sat, 02 July 2011, 16:09:05 »
On some numberic keypads, the numbers on the keypad are registered as "regular number" and not  "keypad numbers"

For example, to do the character "¿" one has to press ALT + 168
This will only work using the keypad numbers and not the numbers on the keyboard.

Does anybody know if the Realforce Numeric Keypad has regular or keypad numbers?

Offline nhwhaup

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 10:33:18 »
I tried the alt 168 and nothing happened. Do you have some other keystrokes for me to try?
Current in order of preference:  RealForce 87U Silent White with variable weighted keys X 2, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with Linear Reds, Filco Number-pad, Poker with Linear Reds

Sold or returned:  Multiple Microsoft and Logitech keyboards, Das Keyboard Silent, Cherry 6140, RealForce 103UB, RealForce 86U, Filco Majestouch 2 full sized with Linear Reds

Offline nhwhaup

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 10:36:53 »
Okay actually that did work but the upside ? Only showed when I continued typing after doing the Alt 168. So what does it all mean?
Current in order of preference:  RealForce 87U Silent White with variable weighted keys X 2, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with Linear Reds, Filco Number-pad, Poker with Linear Reds

Sold or returned:  Multiple Microsoft and Logitech keyboards, Das Keyboard Silent, Cherry 6140, RealForce 103UB, RealForce 86U, Filco Majestouch 2 full sized with Linear Reds

Offline Parabellum

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 10:52:45 »
A myriad of characters and symbols can be generated by pressing combinations of a modifier key and numbers.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 11:00:41 »
If you are running Windows, you can also use the Charmap app to pick characters out of different character set tables.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 11:34:19 »
So what does it all mean?

It's an alternate way to input characters trough the correct ASCII code.

ALT + 69 = E, for example.

Is damn useful when a symbol is missing on a nationalized keyboard.

E.g. the Italian one lacks the tilde key, that unfortunately is widely used in IT, so ALT+126 was (and still is) a classic.
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline AndrewZorn

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 11:36:26 »
On this topic, is there any way to do Alt codes without a number pad? I usually don't have a number pad, but really would like quick access to symbols.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 11:50:56 »
AFAIK You must have an embedded keypad like on noppoo, or use the character map.

You can also use the Us international keymap and some alt graph and dead keys combinations

BTW americans (and me) found this keymap uncomfortable.

I made the UK ANSI keymap for this purpose, and just yesterday I was informed that someone made a different keymap (derived from the us international) with the intention to solve the same problem.

http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/1056567-clash-titans-qpad-mk-80-v-2.html
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline PlayerZero

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 12:00:05 »
Those are $129 numpads...  That seems like a bit much for a bunch of nice rubber domes.
Extensive research has found your statement to be of inferior quality.  Please revise it.

KEYBOARD:  Leopold FC200RC/AB with Cherry MX Blues
MOUSE:  Logitech G400

Geekhack:  A wiki is worth 1000 threads.

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 14:54:23 »
That's Topre pricing for ya.

From what I remember, the G80-3700 can actually do both, depending on mode. Not sure whether that only applies to the hardware-programmable (DIN or PS/2) ones though.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D