Author Topic: To those with a Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 off amazon from keyboard co  (Read 1880 times)

Offline spitfire6000

When you replaced the windows keys, did you notice any slight sound coming from the rightside windows key when you press down HARD on it?

For me, I have the full version with black switch.

When I press very hard down on the left side windows key, no sounds. When i press hard down on the right side windows key I get a slight sound like "TICK".

This doesnt happen with normal use of the key, only hard pressing.

Any idea what it might be?

Offline csm725

• I BLEED RED AND GOLD
    • http://csm725.com
To those with a Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 off amazon from keyboard co
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 01:34:02 »
No idea. My Filco Browns Ninja Maj2 TKL from Amazon (KB Co) has none of these issues after replacing the Windows keys.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 01:50:13 »
Quote from: csm725;375226
No idea. My Filco Browns Ninja Maj2 TKL from Amazon (KB Co) has none of these issues after replacing the Windows keys.

Same here. I got the black version as well, and the only issue was a slight burr in the left shift switch, which I failed miserably to discover before destroying the switch in an ill conceived attempt to desolder it from the pcb :(

Offline spitfire6000

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 01:52:57 »
This isnt an issue whatsoever in regular use, just something that my ocd mind was able to notice. Ill take a video of it tomorrow to show you what I mean.

Oh man, sorry to hear about that left shift switch. what do you mean by it had a slight burr?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 01:57:42 »
On the bottom part of the switch top, a small piece of plastic was interfering with the key travel if I pressed on the bottom part of the key. I thought it was an internal problem, and tried to remove the switch. Turns out I missed a little solder, and pulled a little too hard, and the switch pins came right out.

Afterwards, I realised I could've fixed it with a razer blade. AND saw that Ripster suggested I do that very thing in the thread I made.

Tl;dr : Iiiiii'm a doofus

Offline spitfire6000

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 02:05:11 »
Ahh yes, hence why I follow the good old do nothing till at least 5 people tell you its okay theme when it comes to messing with my electronics =D

I learned my lesson after ruining a good number of perfectly good electronics just because I had a hunch that something was wrong.

I hope you can get that shift key fixed soon =D