Author Topic: Still undecided on what switch to get.  (Read 1177 times)

Offline trax

Still undecided on what switch to get.
« on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 13:34:21 »
So Ive had the switch try bag over.
Got a Cherry MX Red board (I guess ok for typing but their to light for gaming tbh).
As I didnt like the cherry reds for gaming I thought I should get a buckling spring keyboard as its the total opposite.
I like the model m, but its not great. I dont feel any tactile feedback whatsoever (feels like the tactile bump of the key is at the very end of the switch).

So, I'd like a silent switch, harder to press then the MX reds and prefeb. no clicky stuff.
Im thinking about getting ergo clears, their stiffer than the browns wich are just to light and have no clicky feedback. But some guy really recommended it for gamers...

Not sure what to do.

inb4 read wiki

btw, any1 ever tried to put black spring in a blue switch?
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 December 2011, 13:44:13 by trax »
Switches tried so far
Cherry MX Red Blue Black Clear
ALPS White Black (fake)Blue
Montereys
ACER
White Black
Futaba
Buckling Sprin

Offline trax

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 19:01:16 »
Quote from: ripster;474743
Read my sig.

And guess where the answer to the black spring/blue switch thing is!

Ripsters Theory Of Forum Wikis (RTFW)!
I just entered this forum.
The wiki didn't build up while I was there nor did I try to help to contribute to this wiki.
When I go to the wiki index, and read the the wiki titles I have no idea on what I'm going to find in the wiki's.
You start opening a few pages and most of them give the same information.
Switches tried so far
Cherry MX Red Blue Black Clear
ALPS White Black (fake)Blue
Montereys
ACER
White Black
Futaba
Buckling Sprin

Offline Clickey

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 21:42:27 »
I would also recommend ergo clears. If you live in the US, you can try blues/browns on a razer blackwidow at bestbuy or Fry's.

The model M IS tactile. You should try pressing it very slowly and you will notice it gets harder to press as you get to the part that clicks, then suddenly it is easy press again. This is the tactility. BUT it is definately not a board that works well for gaming.

Some people confuse the sound with the touch and cant tell the difference between tactile and clicky. Blues are clicky and tactile and are slightly harder to press than reds/browns (~5g) so give them a try at the store as I said.
"we are on Geekhack not Lazy****" - The Solutor

Offline bienc

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 December 2011, 16:58:03 »
I thought Ergo Clears were Clears with Brown springs, making them as light as Browns with a huge tactile bump. Regular Clears (Leopolds have them as an option) are what you want.
| Rosewill RK-9000RE |