Author Topic: SP Grab Bags are almost here  (Read 24617 times)

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: SP Grab Bags are almost here
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 19:23:40 »
Are those BS caps scattered around? Or a keycap for another switch I've never seen before?

They are for a rubberdome POS keyboard.

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 03:10:46 »
I'm trying to process an order, but shipping to my location is not supported through the hidden early buy link, nor is signing in to my account. Can anyone help?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 06:49:31 »
I'm trying to process an order, but shipping to my location is not supported through the hidden early buy link, nor is signing in to my account. Can anyone help?

You can access them from the regular key shop, not sure if that will help you with your problem.

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:32:07 »
I think the keyshop is acting like a sperate website completely. Even when I go to it just to browse, I seem to lose access to my account, cart, etc.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:38:04 »
I think the keyshop is acting like a sperate website completely. Even when I go to it just to browse, I seem to lose access to my account, cart, etc.

I had to sign up for a new account to use the pimpmykeyboard key shop.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 13:09:22 »
i didn't receive my email notice for early access to SP bags until today despite ordering a bag yesterday. Site seems a little delayed to me.
sell out and eat ass

Offline Mr.Tumor

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 14:28:35 »
ill let youz know how they come   ordered some last night... ill take pics /make a list wen they show^^ i doubt that anything too good will be in um
  i wanted/ was looking  to get a sample pack of different keys to try so i guess a $#!%-load will work     lmfao   anyways ya .....
gl on ur bags
tumor out.
Ducky zero dk2108s  OMG

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 12:56:09 »
I couldn't resist.

Neither could I ... until I saw the shipping cost :(

Quoting myself, but a fast response from SP about the shipping cost has resulted in a cheaper shipping option, so ... order placed!

Superb Rowdy, yes its cheaper for the UK now as well, $29.35. So i caved in like the addict I am, like we all are :P

Christ, that is still too much on shipping for me.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 20:21:13 »
I bought 3 myself.  Hoping for a bunch of black on white to practice dying ABS.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 20:40:37 »
I bought 3 myself.  Hoping for a bunch of black on white to practice dying ABS.

If the last few bags are any indication, you won't be disappointed.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline icedogg

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:16:09 »
Just got 2 and they arrived today. Pretty underwhelming :( Was expecting a lot more novelty keys, only got a small handful.

Probably going to look to trade the rest if anyone is interesting, a lot of blanks. I'm still a beginner in the scene so ya :P
QFR Greens - Unicorn Vomit....'
KB v60 Blues - Miami
*Join the Clicky Bangwagon...*

(>^.^)> Wanna Trade!? <(^.^<)

Offline Merloobi

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:27:01 »
Just got 2 and they arrived today. Pretty underwhelming :( Was expecting a lot more novelty keys, only got a small handful.

Probably going to look to trade the rest if anyone is interesting, a lot of blanks. I'm still a beginner in the scene so ya :P
Have any pictures? :P

Offline remdell

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:04:50 »

Pretty underwhelming indeed.  I got a lot of blanks and shifts but only a few novelty keys.

Rukia PC | RF87U Digilog | Norbaforce MKII Palm Desert | Zenith ZKB-2R | Datadesk MAC-101

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:06:33 »
You got the weed keycaps though  ^-^

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:07:14 »
Estimate on pricing for these grab bags?

I'm assuming they're going up in price since they're making them more "exclusive" and no longer referring to them as "crap bags". :P

i deserve a grab bag for giving them their official name of crap bags >.>
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:39:06 »

Pretty underwhelming indeed.  I got a lot of blanks and shifts but only a few novelty keys.

Show Image

I got a **** ton of blanks.  I like the key to the right of the Pants key.  No clue what it is, but it amuses me.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:45:10 »
ugh now I regret not buying one

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:54:45 »

I'll sell you ALL of mine if you really want them.

Offline icedogg

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 21:52:30 »

Pretty much all random black/grey/white & random colored. Only notables are in the 2nd picture :(

Hell, I'll trade you all my non-novelty for a few novelty caps :P
QFR Greens - Unicorn Vomit....'
KB v60 Blues - Miami
*Join the Clicky Bangwagon...*

(>^.^)> Wanna Trade!? <(^.^<)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 21:53:51 »
 :eek:

RoW Awesome face!!!!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 21:55:10 »
Minecraft, Tux, and that spacebar are all pretty awesome.  I need to get my interesting caps up soon.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 21:56:23 »

Pretty much all random black/grey/white & random colored. Only notables are in the 2nd picture :(

Show Image

Show Image

Hell, I'll trade you all my non-novelty for a few novelty caps :P

Dat spacebar doe! :o

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 22:06:25 »
That spacebar and creeper @_@

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 23:00:14 »
There is a thread for posting pictures of what you get:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55329.0

Please post there so we have all the pictures in the same place :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 23:43:15 »

Show Image

Can you post a pic of those 2x2 looking caps in this thread.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:33:36 »
lol going through a second crap bag order now and the first thing i pull out is this 6.25 SA spacebar that literally looks like a turd, like its not just brown it has like marbly swirls in it that makes it look like a piece of poo. No where else would i get a turd spacebar LOL otherwise this second bag is looking really good

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:54:17 »
lol going through a second crap bag order now and the first thing i pull out is this 6.25 SA spacebar that literally looks like a turd, like its not just brown it has like marbly swirls in it that makes it look like a piece of poo. No where else would i get a turd spacebar LOL otherwise this second bag is looking really good

Well, it is a CRAP bag :))

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 17:24:38 »

Well, it is a CRAP bag :))

ding!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 04:36:23 »
FWIW mine has arrived in Australia today - box in good order, contents looking promising ...

Thanks! :)

Also thanks again for assisting with the postage queries - without that I probably wouldn't have purchased this.

Offline foxtrott

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 13:39:19 »
link is down..  :(

can i still order or is it too late?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 14:11:37 »
link is down..  :(

can i still order or is it too late?

Way too late this time :(