Author Topic: Anyone buying an iPhone 6?  (Read 117355 times)

Offline iri

Re: Anyone buying an iPhone 6?
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 13:57:28 »
Have to say, compared to my 5, the 6 is so much nicer to type on...
are you using touchpal?

i'm having a fight in my head, between iphone6, blackberry and jolla...
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 14:01:16 »

Who's winning?

Offline iri

« Reply #202 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 14:05:38 »

Who's winning?
jolla (shouting "i have freedom pew-pew mother****ers")
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline The Mad Professor

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 11:29:29 »
Recharge port? Not all of us are hung like horses you know... I just make do with the headphone jack u.u

I was just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but ooooookaaaaaay....
Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 15:37:31 »
yup...........just got mine
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline edwardpark8

« Reply #205 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 03:22:35 »
check out the new Note 4. has an amazing camera and a great battery. the S pen also does wonders. Iphone 6 is way overrated, ignoring the bending issues. Plus a lot of vendors have been rejecting the NFC payment method.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #206 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 04:18:42 »
check out the new Note 4. has an amazing camera and a great battery. the S pen also does wonders. Iphone 6 is way overrated, ignoring the bending issues. Plus a lot of vendors have been rejecting the NFC payment method.

Thanks Edward Park, that's super helpful and good to know.

Offline iri

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 05:17:33 »
i went to the apple dealer, played for a while with iphone 6 and decided to go with a blackberry instead.

iphone 6 is nice, it is just too overpriced. i can't justify spending 840 pounds on it.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Belfong

« Reply #208 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 05:31:55 »
I'm surprise you went with Blackberry though. I can understand the overprice but why Blackberry instead of the more popular alternative?

Offline iri

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 05:33:55 »
android lags and windows sucks.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 05:45:10 »
i went to the apple dealer, played for a while with iphone 6 and decided to go with a blackberry instead.

iphone 6 is nice, it is just too overpriced. i can't justify spending 840 pounds on it.

£840? Was that the 128gb 6+?

Offline iri

« Reply #211 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 06:19:53 »
yeah. 128gb is essential because it can't use an sd card. 6+ because i like big screens.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #212 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 06:51:30 »
But, which blackberry did you get if you like big screens? :S

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 07:10:10 »
What I like the most about the iphone is their design and the way they look. However, since I do not use my smartphone without a case anyway, it really hardly matters.

I am sticking with my LG G3 which I have been pretty satisfied with. No need to go for a iphone 6. In fact, for me personally, given the things for which I use my phone, I think that in everyday use it would actually be a downgrade. Though it is a much cooler phone of course.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 07:23:02 »
Skype on my Galaxy S3 was a major pain in the ass. I basically bought an iphone 6 due to the fact my wife wanted one and was going to be doing a few inpatient stays at a hospital 2 hours away. Facetime was THE best thing and made my purchases well worth it. Invaluable really.

That aside, I find myself adjusting to the 6 just fine as it is the exact same size as my S3 was. I thought I'd hate it and go back, but now I feel no need.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #215 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 07:39:43 »
Skype was awful on ios7 to be fair

Offline iri

« Reply #216 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 09:15:55 »
Z3.I haven't actually bought it yet, going to the store now. Well, it has 0.5 inch less of a screen than an iPhone 6+. My sacrifice  :(

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #217 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 10:05:58 »
Z3.I haven't actually bought it yet, going to the store now. Well, it has 0.5 inch less of a screen than an iPhone 6+. My sacrifice  :(

haha.. though I do find it odd that anyone would buy a BB that isn't for work only... or that has a physical keyboard... there touch OS is... horrendous

Offline iri

« Reply #218 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 10:42:40 »

haha.. though I do find it odd that anyone would buy a BB that isn't for work only... or that has a physical keyboard... there touch OS is... horrendous
I don't think it is horrendous, but No, I won't buy a blackberry lol (after playing with it for 20 minutes)

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Belfong

« Reply #219 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 03:49:15 »
you can't escape Steve Jobs grasps! Resistance is futile.. come join usssssssss!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 06:26:18 »
Does anyone else's iphone 6 get really quite warm? I just checked the temp of the case and it's at 35c... It's plugged into the mains and I'm using it... But still... Seems quite warm to me

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 06:54:16 »
I find it gets warmest using maps while streaming spotify in the car, or charging. Batt seems to heat up quite a bit charging.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 07:18:11 »
Yeah after some googling seems to be a common problem? But if I'm using it out and about (browsing the web etc) it gets pretty warm and the battery gets proper hammered, I wish they had made it thicker and slapped in a bigger battery... :/

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 07:27:09 »
6+ gets better battery life Ive heard. You can also go into Settings General Usage Battery_Usage and see if sth is draining it. Also if you have a low signal and a lot of apps trying to use net in the background it will suck the battery quick.
I'm back.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 12:37:03 »

Yeah after some googling seems to be a common problem? But if I'm using it out and about (browsing the web etc) it gets pretty warm and the battery gets proper hammered, I wish they had made it thicker and slapped in a bigger battery... :/
I haven't had any heat problems and I got like 10 solid hours out of the battery using it quite heavily too on 3G. I haven't used maps or anything tho but I played games for about an hour and it stayed cool as a cucumber. It's in a case tho so maybe I just don't feel the heat? Apple products generally do get warm. Aluminum is a pretty good heat conductor so naturally it holds the heat from the devices operating temperature more than plastic would.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 13:07:34 »

I haven't had any heat problems and I got like 10 solid hours out of the battery using it quite heavily too on 3G. I haven't used maps or anything tho but I played games for about an hour and it stayed cool as a cucumber. It's in a case tho so maybe I just don't feel the heat? Apple products generally do get warm. Aluminum is a pretty good heat conductor so naturally it holds the heat from the devices operating temperature more than plastic would.

Yeah it could be that your using a case... I'm running mine naked atm as I've not found a case I like :/

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:55:18 »
Geez.
Ordered mine from ATT on Oct 10, they said 28-35 days, but sent me a confirmation a week later showing 40-50 days. Checked today and it's still in that time frame. If I find a phone elsewhere I can buy and cancel ATT purchase, but I'm not going to be a slave to the purchase of the damn thing. Also there's a full 30 return policy with ATT, for whatever that might come in handy for.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #227 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 01:16:44 »
Geez.
Ordered mine from ATT on Oct 10, they said 28-35 days, but sent me a confirmation a week later showing 40-50 days. Checked today and it's still in that time frame. If I find a phone elsewhere I can buy and cancel ATT purchase, but I'm not going to be a slave to the purchase of the damn thing. Also there's a full 30 return policy with ATT, for whatever that might come in handy for.

What the ****, a 40+ day order time?! Can't you just go into one of there shops and pick one up?

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 02:49:12 »

Geez.

What the ****, a 40+ day order time?! Can't you just go into one of there shops and pick one up?
Wow! I was a few hours late for the pre-order directly from apple on launch day, missed the first batch of phones and I still didn't have to wait nearly that long!

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 03:25:52 »
It's stupid. I don't get it. Apple Stores have wait lines every day, and you can't use their online system to check/or call...you have to go there...everything is always shown "out of stock". I try calling ATT stores and they don't have and say to order. I can't reserve/order with Apple because I have business account. So I either have to drive to Apple every day (not gonna happen even though it's 2 miles away) or call several nearby ATT stores everyday at 10, which I did half dozen times and get exasperated employees. I may try a couple more ATT calls here and there. I'd prefer to buy from Apple direct though. No biggie, just a hassle it seems.

6 Plus
Space Grey
128GB
ATT
$500
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 03:30:23 »
Have to say, when I tried to get my 6, the 64gb (the one I original wanted) was sold out everywhere and there where lines like mad for that version at the Apple Store. So I was forced to up to the 128...

Seems like they have a serious supply chain issue... Gl though sir, I'm very happy with my 6!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 03:56:06 »

Have to say, when I tried to get my 6, the 64gb (the one I original wanted) was sold out everywhere and there where lines like mad for that version at the Apple Store. So I was forced to up to the 128...

Seems like they have a serious supply chain issue... Gl though sir, I'm very happy with my 6!
I love mine too! And don't let that whole bending thing from about a month ago get you worried. Yes, about 320 of them have bent and been posted to oneofthenine.com, but out of the 40 million 6/6+ sold, that comes to about 0.0008% failure rate (so far) which is an incredibly small number and completely reasonable if you ask me.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 04:05:51 »
Yeah idk about bend gate, the way Apple has dealt with it is pretty awful... And I do think the phones should be thicker... But yeah... After using mine for about two weeks or so it's a huge improvement over the 5... In battery alone... I managed to stream the entire Austin GP on Sunday, complete with build up, in HD and it only used up about 20% of the battery... My 5 couldn't do that without running flat.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 04:56:03 »

Yeah idk about bend gate, the way Apple has dealt with it is pretty awful... And I do think the phones should be thicker... But yeah... After using mine for about two weeks or so it's a huge improvement over the 5... In battery alone... I managed to stream the entire Austin GP on Sunday, complete with build up, in HD and it only used up about 20% of the battery... My 5 couldn't do that without running flat.
I think apple could have dealt with it a little better myself as well. I don't know what they could have done differently other than release more up to date figures on how many bent device claims were reported to them tho. I wouldn't expect them to be completely transparent about exactly how the phones are manufactured nor do I think any company should have to make drastic changes to their business or designs every time someone uploads a YouTube video defacing their products. I also believe that offering replacement phones free of charge to all those effected would just open the flood gates for people purposely testing the limits of their phones and just trading in. Or the more likely scenario of finding a scratch in the display or some other cosmetic flaw that they did themselves and just proceeding to bend their phone for a free replacement. They did allow limited access to their stress testing facilities which includes a three point bend test with 50 pounds of force. Consumer reports then tested it themselves and found that it takes 90 pounds of force to permanently warp the device (which performed better than the HTC one M8). This is all old news now so still, I'm not really sure if it's even a legitimate defect or not. I know that there have been reports/photos of bent iphones online but that whole #bendgate uproar on Twitter and the Unbox Therapy video almost certainly caused more bent iPhones due to stupidity than actual issues with the strength of the device. Not to mention the fandroids perpetuating the whole thing relentlessly as they do. Personally I'm pretty glad that it's as thin as it is tho. Now my case not only protects my phone from cosmetic damage and bending, but also keeps its thickness very reasonable. This phone in a rigid, hard plastic case is still thinner than my iPhone 4 naked.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 05:15:44 »
Ehh... I used to carry around Nokia 3310's so I really don't care about thickness and really feel like the thinness of the 6 and 6+ has badly effected it's overall design for the worse.
I said a page or two back, before I had one that the iPhone 6 was really ugly... And I'm still not sure I like the look and design of it.

The round tapered edges bring back memories of the truly hideous iPhone 3G and 3GS while also making the bezzel much thicker than the 4/5. It also helps make the phone a lot slippier in the hand. Then there is the fact that it no longer sits flat on a desk due to the pretty ugly protruding camera.
When you sat an iPhone 4 or 5 on a desk, it looked amazing and like nothing else. They really are amazing looking devices.
You do the same with the iPhone 6 and it not only dosn't sit flat, it also looks like any other modern smart phone...

Don't get me wrong I like using the phone a lot and its a huge improvement, but I still think it leaves a lot to be desired.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 05:34:48 »

Ehh... I used to carry around Nokia 3310's so I really don't care about thickness and really feel like the thinness of the 6 and 6+ has badly effected it's overall design for the worse.
I said a page or two back, before I had one that the iPhone 6 was really ugly... And I'm still not sure I like the look and design of it.

The round tapered edges bring back memories of the truly hideous iPhone 3G and 3GS while also making the bezzel much thicker than the 4/5. It also helps make the phone a lot slippier in the hand. Then there is the fact that it no longer sits flat on a desk due to the pretty ugly protruding camera.
When you sat an iPhone 4 or 5 on a desk, it looked amazing and like nothing else. They really are amazing looking devices.
You do the same with the iPhone 6 and it not only dosn't sit flat, it also looks like any other modern smart phone...

Don't get me wrong I like using the phone a lot and its a huge improvement, but I still think it leaves a lot to be desired.
No case Baldgye? I could never bring myself to rock a naked phone. Even my 4 was in a case before it was a day old. I'm not even clumsy with phones either. I had my 4 for four years and literally never dropped it even once, not even a scratch, but I think the second I take it out of a case I'm doomed. On that note tho, the 4/5 design was really great for cases! The metal frame acted almost like a rail or guide for cases to slip on and off of whereas on these new iPhones, the case has to be sort of snapped on and pried off. If that makes any sense.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 05:40:11 »
I'm pretty picky, so no, no case yet. Took me ages to find a case I liked for my iPhone 5 (a black leather engraved case that snapped on).

I'm waiting for a nice looking leather case, but haven't found much yet

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 06:56:11 »
My wife is loving her gold 6. Bigger screen is much easier for her to type on. OTOH I still like my 5s and wouldn't like the way the 6 sticks out the top of my back pocket.
I'm back.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 06:59:55 »
Why the **** would you keep anything like a phone in your back pocket?

It's like begging people to mug you

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 07:01:09 »
I'm still running caseless, too. I need to find something ultra thin as I don't want to bulk this thing up like I did my S3.

As far as heat, this thing runs WAY cooler than my Samsung when running navigation and the like. The battery also lasts much longer.

Still very happy with my first iphone.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #240 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 07:25:56 »

Why the **** would you keep anything like a phone in your back pocket?

It's like begging people to mug you

Lol people don't mug me.
I'm back.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 07:28:59 »
By mug, I more ment pick-pocket I suppose... But what ever I guess.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #242 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:28:16 »
My iphone 4 is case less. I love holding and rotating/flipping it I'm my hand while ddivivig.

I am planing on a thin case for 6 Plus. PLENTY of time to find one.  Maybe e tempered screen protector and a privacy film too.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #243 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:29:58 »
My iphone 4 is case less. I love holding and rotating/flipping it I'm my hand while ddivivig.

I am planing on a thin case for 6 Plus. PLENTY of time to find one.  Maybe e tempered screen protector and a privacy film too.

Please don't!! the curved glass on the edge of the screen is one of the most amazing things about the iphone 6, it sounds silly... but it makes using the phone sooo much nicer... its one of the very few hardware upgrades in terms of design!

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:32:19 »

Please don't!! the curved glass on the edge of the screen is one of the most amazing things about the iphone 6, it sounds silly... but it makes using the phone sooo much nicer... its one of the very few hardware upgrades in terms of design!

Tempered screen protector?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:33:56 »

yeah, well... get what you like lol... but the screen edges are so nice... swiping is joyful and holding the device is pretty smooth and the screen adds to that, it's something you should experience before you cover it with a protector :P

Offline dante

« Reply #246 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:33:59 »
I'm not buying an IPhone [insert number here] unless they come out with a flip model.

Still waiting for a Flip Android phone as well...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #247 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:36:02 »

Can't you get those already from like Japan??

Offline dante

« Reply #248 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:37:02 »

Can't you get those already from like Japan??

Different carrier frequency.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #249 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:38:02 »

yeah, well... get what you like lol... but the screen edges are so nice... swiping is joyful and holding the device is pretty smooth and the screen adds to that, it's something you should experience before you cover it with a protector :P

I'll not get anything till I have the phone for a month and determine need. May not get anything, or just a thin case to pop on/off. I'm not even a member of the club yet!