Author Topic: Kult Worship Kaps (KWK) Info Thread  (Read 185273 times)

Offline Cottonsox

Re: Kult Worship Kaps (KWK) Info Thread
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 19:37:19 »
Cheers

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 05:15:25 »
God this guys work with color is freaking amazing. I was WSd through some pics of kbk and kwk caps and I noticed like a Hypno swirl in the eyes of a couple of his designs. Attention to detail and little extras like that are what make him IMO one of If not the best in the game right now. I do not own any of his caps sadly   :'( however I check out KbK and KWK therapy page pretty religiously . Eagerly anticipating a shot at one of his vile "vandals" or malevolent "mummies". KUlt WorSHip indeed. :eek:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 17:48:10 »
God this guys work with color is freaking amazing. I was WSd through some pics of kbk and kwk caps and I noticed like a Hypno swirl in the eyes of a couple of his designs. Attention to detail and little extras like that are what make him IMO one of If not the best in the game right now.
+1
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 11:30:12 »
Your Warus II photo is missing. Also you should add MX Blank.  :thumb:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 12:50:22 »
Your Warus II photo is missing. Also you should add MX Blank.  :thumb:
Thanks for reminding me! Done :thumb:

now I just gotta add all the new colors
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2015, 13:03:43 by hwood34 »

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 07:41:33 »
I like what punk did with the site. It looked so dark and "unprofessional" beforehand. :))

Offline lucaslink

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:17:55 »
Anyone know what happened to punk? He still makin caps?

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:30:55 »
not currently he is still around though and there's still a fairly strong KbK/kwk fan base so there is still HOPE
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:37:08 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66358.msg1748402#msg1748402

He's still on the job hunt. And still busy.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 09:12:19 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66358.msg1748402#msg1748402

He's still on the job hunt. And still busy.
As Cptn said he's got a lot of stuff going on right now. I don't want to dole out false hope but I'm hoping sometime in the near future he will get the itch and start up again. Keep the faith

Offline lucaslink

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 09:56:30 »
haha. thanks for posting the quick link. i was going through all his posts, hadn't gotten to that page yet. :D
halloweenie vandal is the bestest cap I've ever laid my eyes on. one day. onnnee day.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:28:24 by lucaslink »

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 22:16:44 »
Someone hook me up with a blank MX KWK :(...

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 22:19:59 »

You and me both.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 09:10:58 »

You and me both.
Threeesommeeee
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 09:24:47 »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 21:52:47 »
Hey brotha! Add that new Mummy to the list! :D

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 04:54:07 »
This was an awesome read, thanks for making it!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 17:57:04 »
DUDE ADD THAT MUMMY III Brotha :D

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 15:45:34 »

http://wiki.geekhack.org/index.php?title=Kult_Worship_Kaps

Oh interesting! Thanks! That was a good viewing of the kwk page. :) There are a ton missing for kbk and none for brobot v1. Seems like a good work in progress. I like it here more because it's black wth orange text. :) hwood add that mummy dude.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 16:06:19 »

http://wiki.geekhack.org/index.php?title=Kult_Worship_Kaps

Oh interesting! Thanks! That was a good viewing of the kwk page. :) There are a ton missing for kbk and none for brobot v1. Seems like a good work in progress. I like it here more because it's black wth orange text. :) hwood add that mummy dude.

Yeah its a huge work in progress.  Only work on it during weekends usually.  Luckily Hwood, Vesper, and Baldgye have done most of the leg work and its just a matter of moving the info to one place.  I'd like to get some better photos of some of the rarer kbk's in the future, but for now I'll use what hwood has.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 17:19:23 »
Hey, as everyone knows I'm really not on GH much these days. If anyone ever wants to send me updates in the format I have here, I'd be happy to add it to the thread. I still get notifications from PMs and I re-enabled notifications for replies to this as well.

Once I hop back on my computer I'll add the new Mummy variant and look through the two CTRL ALT sales and add all those colorways. If anyone's gotten some one-offs in that time, send the pics my way
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 February 2017, 20:21:57 by hwood34 »

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 22:38:35 »
Hey, as everyone knows I'm really not on GH much these days. If anyone ever wants to send me updates in the format I have here, I'd be happy to add it to the thread. I still get notifications from PMs and I re-enabled notifications for replies to this as well.

Once I hop back on my computer I'll add the new Mummy variant and look through the two CTRL ALT sales and add all those colorways. If anyone's gotten some one-offs in that time, send the pics my way

I think a lot of the old info (and new additions) has been migrated over to the GH wiki (top bar).

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 22:45:21 »

I think a lot of the old info (and new additions) has been migrated over to the GH wiki (top bar).

perfect then lol. haven't checked out the wiki yet. yeah just checked it out. a lot of the info is there, but I don't particularly like how it's sorted, the lack of (more) tags, and the lack of interesting formatting or thematic stuff
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 February 2017, 22:48:52 by hwood34 »

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 23:03:15 »

perfect then lol. haven't checked out the wiki yet. yeah just checked it out. a lot of the info is there, but I don't particularly like how it's sorted, the lack of (more) tags, and the lack of interesting formatting or thematic stuff

I think ghostjuggernaut has been mainly maintaining it, you should definitely talk to him about making some changes/improvements! I'm pretty sure he would be more than happy for any suggestions :P

To me, the wiki is a lot more convenient since it has all the colorways laid out in the same view both horizontally and vertically (most efficient use of space), while the info threads all rely on "more" drop downs. When it comes to the other information though, I can't say much as I mainly use it just to check colorways and sculpts.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 February 2017, 23:04:55 by -musubi »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 23:04:54 »

I think ghostjuggernaut has been mainly maintaining it, you should definitely talk to him about making some changes/improvements! I'm pretty sure he would be more than happy for any suggestions
Yea, I'll look into it

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 20:09:25 »
Would anyone actually use this again if I updated it? I don't really see anything on the wiki so I'd like the have the reference for people somewhere if they want it nvm I found it, but I still like the format here.

I definitely would want to just combine the KBK/KWK threads, clean up the photos, and make the layout look a little nicer.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2020, 20:27:00 by hwood34 »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 20:24:26 »
Would anyone actually use this again if I updated it? I don't really see anything on the wiki so I'd like the have the reference for people somewhere if they want it.

this thread is great, but nowadays people just use those artisan cap catalog sites with all the stolen photos.

people aren't really concerned about maker and cap history anymore. it's all about color and what's hype and sells for the most $$$.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 20:47:42 »
Would anyone actually use this again if I updated it? I don't really see anything on the wiki so I'd like the have the reference for people somewhere if they want it.

this thread is great, but nowadays people just use those artisan cap catalog sites with all the stolen photos.

people aren't really concerned about maker and cap history anymore. it's all about color and what's hype and sells for the most $$$.

damn, sad. what sites are there?

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 20:54:51 »

there is bee's site, and a couple of other new rando ones that i don't remember the names of.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 21:07:53 »

there is bee's site, and a couple of other new rando ones that i don't remember the names of.

I use keycap.info for pure lust, however I also stand firm that the maker/history of the artisan/cap is very important and has been lost in the world of r/mechmarket and the slack and discord servers (at least the ones I've been on). I know it tends to be secretive, I've always been very interested in who has great collections and think it would be cool to hear some of the stories as to how some of them obtained some of the more rare caps. Also, the story behind Clack himself has always been a mystery to me. My understanding is that he's been crowned as the first but I would love to know more about him/her and where it all began..

Maybe some of the elder gods or people who know this stuff can shed more light. I've done some digging, but it's not easy to piece together the historical aspects of the artisan keycap maker. Especially one as mysterious as Clack.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2020, 21:10:32 by Dongulator »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 21:29:58 »

ah yeah that looks pretty exhaustive. oh well, I guess I'll just update it for me lol

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 23:09:27 »
I use keycap.info for pure lust, however I also stand firm that the maker/history of the artisan/cap is very important and has been lost in the world of r/mechmarket and the slack and discord servers (at least the ones I've been on).

it just boggles my mind that none of these site creators (even the ones that claim to be more sophisticated) didn't bother to include fields for basic things like photo credits/source links, and no way of adding extra information like release dates, sale names, known rarity, extra text for descriptions/history, etc.

then people who don't bother to do any research visit those sites, browsing for the pretty colors and casually copy pasting images of unobtanium caps into their preschool art hour WTB collages. it's a pretty big joke.

ah yeah that looks pretty exhaustive. oh well, I guess I'll just update it for me lol

lul sure if you enjoy doing it, that's cool. i like to come back and go through this info once in awhile, and there are probably a couple of other people who would appreciate it as well.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 23:26:43 »

lul sure if you enjoy doing it, that's cool. i like to come back and go through this info once in awhile, and there are probably a couple of other people who would appreciate it as well.

yeah I mean if I'm going to have it up, I at least want it to be nice. and if someone else gets some use out of it, that's just a bonus  ;)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 23:35:46 »
Along with the Post your [...] media threads, this and a few other threads are really nice to peruse because they are organized beyond simply chronological order. Some good examples of those other threads being the Nightcaps one by Jokrik, the Barebones Bro Caps one by Vesper, and the Clack wiki (though I wish that one had more sale-specific info).

Lots of sale pics/sale albums are also getting lost in time (or in mass imgur / [insert image hosting service] wipes), so it's nice to see full-res archives outside of their original place.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 02:52:57 »
Lots of sale pics/sale albums are also getting lost in time (or in mass imgur / [insert image hosting service] wipes), so it's nice to see full-res archives outside of their original place.

preserving content might be helpful, but if they’re going to lift other people’s content and show off on their own site without permission or credit, that is not cool.

also, i can’t really see how hosting just the images without any context is very effective at preserving information or history.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 11:39:00 »
Yeah, I don't disagree with any of the above. There's plenty of history behind the caps, from making to ownership, that probably doesn't get passed on beyond just a handful of folks who know things by oral history / memory. There's plenty of written stuff (if you look), but I am skeptical and don't think that people tend to read carefully.

I tend to log my trades and purchases with brief notes attached to them, but I'd be surprised if anybody even mentioned that stuff. Among some people it's done but the community is far too fragmented and uneducated for that to be any nearly prevalent.