Author Topic: (AUS) QFR w/ Blacks $60 Plus Postage  (Read 1551 times)

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
(AUS) QFR w/ Blacks $60 Plus Postage
« on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 16:49:16 »
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cooler-Master-CM-STORM-Quick-Fire-Rapid-MX-Black-Gaming-Keyboard-SGK-4000-GKCC1-/231429175444?

I'd jump on this if I didn't have a couple of these already.  My go-to gaming keyboard  ;D

Edit: Updated with Relisted Item
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 December 2014, 04:51:19 by strafe »
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline fanpeople

Re: (AUS) QFR w/ Blacks $60 Plus Postage
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 18:22:24 »
Interesting... I am looking for a keyboard for gaming, I just don't like thrashing the model M.

Will consider this one

Thanks for the heads up strafe

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 20:51:19 »
Australia? WEAK

These are actually kinda hard to find in MX Black now. & I really wanna try blacks.

Also its been re listed

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 21:05:28 »
These seem to be hard to find with any switch these days.

Been overtaken by the QFR-I and Novatouch.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 00:38:58 »
Australia? WEAK

These are actually kinda hard to find in MX Black now. & I really wanna try blacks.

Also its been re listed

ironic since they were trying to get rid of mx black QFRs not long ago. I remember those spanish ones being particularly cheap.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 04:23:37 »
This one is the super-branded model.

Like the one I am using right now.

Very nice keyboard - I am tempted, but another QFR with MX blacks?  If it was clears, maybe ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 10:41:32 »
Australia? WEAK

Also its been re listed

ironic since they were trying to get rid of mx black QFRs not long ago. I remember those spanish ones being particularly cheap.

Yeah if I knew CM were going to stop producing ALL mx black keyboards I woulda grabbed a Mx black QFR off amazon for $68. Im a little annoyed they dont offer blacks at all anymore but I also dont care for their Filco style high profile case. The case seems especially tall near the top of the keyboard for some reason. Makes cherry profile keys seem dwarfed; the top of the cherry profile keycaps damn near even with the case on the top rows. (When the key is fully pressed down)

From the pictures ive seen on here Filco's are like that too. Its the thing I dislike most about my QFR.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 December 2014, 10:45:10 by Lu_e »