Author Topic: Model M 42H1292, $50 shipped  (Read 2762 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Model M 42H1292, $50 shipped
« on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 18:22:27 »
IBM 4H1292 Keyboard

$50 shipped

It's Greenock-made, but if you don't mind that, not a bad deal.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ekeppel

Re: Model M 42H1292, $50 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 18:26:36 »
"Unit was tested for connectivity and all keys except F1 were tested and functional. F1 was not tested at all."

The above quote is from the listing description. Why wouldn't they just hit the F1 key to make sure it worked while testing all the other keys.  It makes no sense unless they know the F1 key is broken or something, lol. :-P

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:45:11 »
"Unit was tested for connectivity and all keys except F1 were tested and functional. F1 was not tested at all."

The above quote is from the listing description. Why wouldn't they just hit the F1 key to make sure it worked while testing all the other keys.  It makes no sense unless they know the F1 key is broken or something, lol. :-P

That's funny... I actually considered messaging them to ask what they meant by that. Maybe they meant all keys but F1 worked, but their writing skills were limited?

BTW, I've found that when only one key on a Model M doesn't work, you can usually fix it by removing the cap and stem and blowing into the barrel.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 20:40:05 »
Good deal. A set of Model M caps alone from Unicomp is $36 shipped US and an entire equivalent keyboard is ~$90.

PS - yes the non-working key probably just needs to be re-seated

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"