Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 944105 times)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Finishing packing, shipping starting)
« Reply #1700 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 04:00:47 »
it has been so long... but I finally received my order.

Weaston refunded the alu half-plate I have originally ordered due to reasons mentioned before in this thread. I ordered a WKL grey and unsurprisingly there is a noticeable mismatch on the anodization but to be fair I don't really mind. I convinced myself that it's a feature and make it more unique and less boring since it's almost a totally different tone of grey.

Anyways I will be looking for an alu half plate for this build and it would have been sick to have the red but I am just happy it came.

Happy to hear you've got your keyboard but also kinda makes me irritated that you have to think of excuses you're happy with to justify getting a new board!
I understand there's nothing to be done, really, as it's not worth sending it back or even arguing with Weaston just for the sake of it (he did refund you so that's nice) but it has been a bittersweet journey, this group buy.

I didn't join but a friend did so I'm just following this rollercoaster of a ride with y'all.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #1701 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 17:42:11 »
I received mine today. Glad it's finally here... so don't give up if you're still waiting.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1702 on: Sun, 05 June 2022, 21:29:10 »
I received mine today. Glad it's finally here... so don't give up if you're still waiting.

Show Image

if you're like me and thought the bottom of this one looked messed up, it's because the top isn't screwed on in this photo
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #1703 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 09:37:45 »
Are there any ways to reach out to Weaston? I tried replying to the order delivery email a month ago to reach out to him due to a warped plate, but there's no reply so far..
Im hoping this place will be a better place to find him..

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1704 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 13:23:01 »
Are there any ways to reach out to Weaston? I tried replying to the order delivery email a month ago to reach out to him due to a warped plate, but there's no reply so far..

Show Image

I've had good results on discord. Try weaston#8464

Offline rikercd

« Reply #1705 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 11:07:15 »
Received mine last week, no tracking given, hand written label. Good thing I had another package coming the same day otherwise I would have never know. FWIW my unit was anodized (cancelled cerakote).

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1706 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 08:04:29 »
I've got my gskt today in Germany. I cancelled cerakote on the 15th and weaston said he'd ship out my board within 2 weeks. It was shipped on the 30th but I didn't get a shipping notification.

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #1707 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 14:06:01 »

Show Image

Is there a server that he's on so that I can message him? Discord says he's not accepting friend requests, can't seem to DM him that way.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1708 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 16:13:44 »

Show Image

Is there a server that he's on so that I can message him? Discord says he's not accepting friend requests, can't seem to DM him that way.

He's on MechKeys, the Reddit server.

Offline cfox21

« Reply #1709 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 17:54:49 »
I was recently contacted by Weaston regarding my order. I was told that the remaining black PCBs had issues and that a bunch of orders, including mine, would have to be switched to a different colour PCB. I was told that I am also getting a $50 refund for the cerakote that I was able to cancel and my order (international) would be shipped in the following week or two. I mentioned to him that the GH thread is itching for an update, and he responded that one would be coming soon. This conversation happened on the 15th of May and I have not gotten a shipping notification so far. While I would like to get my board, I am not in a rush and I can wait for it to ship. I'm sure the day will come eventually. He did seem quite overwhelmed (unsurprisingly).

So I received my GSKT today but without any tracking or email notifications. The PCBs I got were mix of green and red instead of black.

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #1710 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 03:34:14 »

He's on MechKeys, the Reddit server.

Thanks! Weaston, I've added you as a friend on discord (I'm frozajit#8467) - would like to check on the status of my order.

Offline loopaddiction

« Reply #1711 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 17:19:17 »
Can someone who did cerakote please post here when they finally get their board? I'm not sure when exactly to expect mine, IIRC they were supposed to be finished and shipped out last month? Would love a heads up since they seem to be getting shipped randomly without any notice (and I'm going to be out of the country for the next few months.)

Offline zekth

« Reply #1712 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 03:17:52 »
FYI i'm still waiting for non-cerakoted board

Offline mdlt97

• This **** is still better than Keebtalk
« Reply #1713 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 05:38:19 »
FYI i'm still waiting for non-cerakoted board

same, hopefully, it arrives soon...
TX60 | Duck TC-V3 | Duck Eagle V2 1/1 Bottom | Zephyr r2 | Duck Sidewinder | Mech27v2 | TX75 | LZ CLS | Duck Viper v2 | Orion v3 | HHKB pro 1 | TGR 910 | Omega60

Offline datfroyodoe

« Reply #1714 on: Tue, 14 June 2022, 23:10:11 »
my board showed up today in Australia. like everyone else, there wasn't any tracking. box was slightly scuffed because only the sides were reinforced with foam while the middle of the box is hollow. thankfully there wasn't any damage to the components in there. everything in there was bubble wrapped separately.

case looks okay - not the best ano quality streaks visible on black, internal hook marks chipping the ano but i'm fine with them at this point.

no alignment tabs on the top/bottom case made it very difficult screw in the holes as the tolerances are too tight. took my time and eventually everything fits. i found holding the case while making small adjustments to the alignment helped a lot.

came with red pcb - flashed in qmk, uploaded json to via and it works fine, no dramas.

anyone know what the duro/hardness of the orings (mine are black) are?

Offline weaston

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)
« Reply #1715 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 10:16:55 »
A much needed update

Just wanted to update about the last few boards.  We are in the last 40 now, which is great progress.  I'm glad we've been able to get so many out to you guys over the last few months and I can finally say we're in the final stretch now.  Cerakote boards are with the person koting them, still waiting, no major update there.  It sucks but right now we're just waiting more.

I also wanted to touch on the timeline of this final stretch and what has been happening.  It has been a tough few months for me and my family, we're still trying to find some sense of normalcy but right now there are still some pretty major stressors that are keeping us from rushing to finish these last few boards.  It sucks and I'm sorry as I have been so many times during this group buy, but for the time being, major progress on my side as far as getting these last boards out quickly is not going to be happening for at least a few weeks.  I say me and my family because they are the ones who have helped me with all of this, in fact it's been my mother and I who have packed and sent out all of these boards.  She sacrificed her own free time to help me pack and ship and I'm so grateful she had because if I had done this alone it would have taken much longer.  Because of that, this whole group buy has been a stressor on my family and I don't really know why I'm sharing that but it just felt necessary to mentally re-frame all the help they've given me at the moment.  I never really bargained for as many boards as there ended up being in this group buy and because of my own ignorance and stupidity it ended up being a much larger emotional and time investment than I ever thought it would be.  So I guess the lesson learned there is there is always more work than you expect and having someone like a vendor to help you run a group buy is truly invaluable.  Not that anyone here really gives a **** what I think about running group buys surely, but maybe someone logging on here to laugh at this whole situation and has plans for a group buy could see this whole situation and think harder before trying to do something of this scale without enough planning.  I never could have accounted for everything that's gone on with the world, in my life and with this group buy in the time that it has been ongoing and I don't want support or pity or anything like that (since I don't deserve it in this case, circumstances just kept piling up), it just feels like I need to get off my chest the toll that it's had on me personally I suppose.  I want to get these last boards out and finally conclude this thing just as much as you all.  I know it's taken too long and for that I'll always feel terrible.

Also to address a rumor someone mentioned to me in a rude message, no I am not waiting on new boards to be made.  I don't even know where a rumor like that would have come from.  Besides being logistically impossible to sneak another run of boards into the ridiculous supply chain at the moment, there is no money to do so.  Any money from this gb paid for the manufacture of the boards and their shipping. 

Also for those few of you in Russia, please let me know an alternative address to send your board to since USPS won't let me send directly to you anymore and one of the ones I sent a few months ago was just returned to me.  Maybe using a different service would help?  As I'm uneducated on the current available shipping option situation any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any nice messages and those people that have reached out to let me know you enjoyed your board. 

We'll finish soon.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #1716 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 01:43:06 »
Are plate files for this board available? Considering picking one up aftermarket but would like to use a different material than it comes with.
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1717 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 12:35:11 »
Are plate files for this board available? Considering picking one up aftermarket but would like to use a different material than it comes with.

digging back thru the thread there's some murmuring that the files won't be released

i seem to remember reading similarly on a discord a while ago

unless something has changed in the past however long this has been
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Shmeagle

• Formerly dawowie
    • GMK Keycap Colors
« Reply #1718 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 10:02:15 »
anyone know the size of the stock o-ring gskt was shipped with? cant find info anywhere

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1719 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 02:25:23 »
anyone know the size of the stock o-ring gskt was shipped with? cant find info anywhere

I presume it's the same as any other o-ring mount 60% board, don't know about durometer rating though. I think Cannon Keys and other vendors that sell o-ring mount 60% boards will have what you're looking for.

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline zekth

« Reply #1720 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 03:25:05 »
Any news on the remaining boards? It's been a month, how many are left?

Offline armintehgreat

« Reply #1721 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 09:45:29 »

I used the 30a o-ring that cannonkeys has on their site and it works fine. So im assuming any 60% ring will work.

Offline Shmeagle

• Formerly dawowie
    • GMK Keycap Colors
« Reply #1722 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 11:30:07 »

I presume it's the same as any other o-ring mount 60% board, don't know about durometer rating though. I think Cannon Keys and other vendors that sell o-ring mount 60% boards will have what you're looking for.

Im thinking its probably 50a standard, got a 65a to compare and feels slightly stiffer.

Offline koenoe

• My YouTube channel
« Reply #1723 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 17:38:00 »
Any news on the remaining boards? It's been a month, how many are left?

I’m wondering the same, have another move coming up in November. Hopefully won’t have to change my address again, still waiting on my first address change confirmation lol

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #1724 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 16:06:16 »
Are plate files gonna be available? I would like to get an alu plate made because my dumb ass got a stainless steel plate for some reason. It would be very much appreciated.

Offline MrCoolPants

« Reply #1725 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 18:33:49 »
Are plate files gonna be available? I would like to get an alu plate made because my dumb ass got a stainless steel plate for some reason. It would be very much appreciated.
I'd probably give up on that dream considering he's mentioned he won't be releasing them in the past.

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #1726 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 01:34:31 »
I'd probably give up on that dream considering he's mentioned he won't be releasing them in the past.

I was hoping Weaston would change his mind considering how this group buy has gone

Offline L8T

« Reply #1727 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 13:56:48 »
Any update on the Cerakoted boards? It has been months since the non Cerakoted boards shipped out yet these ones are still not done?

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #1728 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 15:04:09 »
Still waiting for 2 non-Cerakoted boards too, waiting for those to be shipped out.

Offline zekth

« Reply #1729 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 23:24:22 »
Still waiting for 2 non cerakoted boards too

Offline zekth

« Reply #1730 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 09:52:56 »
Hey weaston, any update?

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #1731 on: Thu, 15 September 2022, 20:51:43 »
I would love for the plate files to be released. I am struggling to find anyone to sell me a plate :/
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1732 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 05:09:03 »
I would love for the plate files to be released. I am struggling to find anyone to sell me a plate :/

Given Weaston's response times, you're better off just outlining plate on paper or measuring it out with a caliper and recreating it in CAD software.

Totally understand he's having some hard times from his last message but also mentioned last 40 boards (with cerakote units being at the shop) so... It's like one package shipped every 2 days.
People in US move quite a lot though and maybe he's waiting for everyone to update their shipping address or smth.

For a crate of some craft beers, even a friend could pack those orders if he doesn't have time to. But... eh, what do I know.

Wishing the best to Weaston and hopefully life settles down and starts going up.

Offline Uryftw

« Reply #1733 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 09:37:12 »
I have recently acquired a GSKT-00 and I was wondering if anyone knows what is the model of the black PCB that came with the board so that I can remap some stuff in QMK. Thanks in advance

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #1734 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 09:54:04 »
I have recently acquired a GSKT-00 and I was wondering if anyone knows what is the model of the black PCB that came with the board so that I can remap some stuff in QMK. Thanks in advance

This is nachie's via-compatible hex file for the GSKT PCB (nachie designed this PCB): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/629024643801677834/880970850067681310/kapcave_gskt00_via.hex

Offline Uryftw

« Reply #1735 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 12:00:30 »

This is nachie's via-compatible hex file for the GSKT PCB (nachie designed this PCB): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/629024643801677834/880970850067681310/kapcave_gskt00_via.hex

Thank you very much! That will do :)

Offline L8T

« Reply #1736 on: Wed, 21 September 2022, 12:57:58 »
Man wtf is going on with the cerakoted boards? It's just a few keyboards not ****ing tanks. Just be honest and tell us what went wrong, at this point I'd rather be told the truth even if it means I'll never get the keyboard.

Offline zekth

« Reply #1737 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 11:53:25 »
3 months silence. What's happening? Even for non cerakoted boards.

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #1738 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 17:25:57 »
Waiting for non cerakoted board that originally was supposed to be but cancelled

Offline mdlt97

• This **** is still better than Keebtalk
« Reply #1739 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 03:24:47 »
nearly 12 months ago, he said he had everything, and was just packing up, but would wait till after the holiday season to ship, so much for that....

TX60 | Duck TC-V3 | Duck Eagle V2 1/1 Bottom | Zephyr r2 | Duck Sidewinder | Mech27v2 | TX75 | LZ CLS | Duck Viper v2 | Orion v3 | HHKB pro 1 | TGR 910 | Omega60

Offline Ray Studio

• A personal studio of architecture, jewelry etc.
« Reply #1740 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 05:26:14 »
It looks cool, ready to go!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1741 on: Wed, 05 October 2022, 08:40:04 »
Is that an ALPS plate maybe?

Yeah for sure that bottom red plate is Alps lol
Damn that makes sense lol, thought it looked wider than usual. Prob just forgot what I orig ordered, now to abuse my mod powers to hide my foolery  :cool:

Appreciate the help tho  :-*
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #1742 on: Wed, 05 October 2022, 11:10:07 »
still missing my 2 gskts...
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1743 on: Wed, 05 October 2022, 11:18:31 »
Working on it.

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #1744 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 14:59:55 »
Have moved house a couple of times since joining this GB! Hoping that address changes/tracking happen soon

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #1745 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 15:24:31 »
Working on it.

Same, would love an update on my 2 non-cerakote boards.

Offline L8T

« Reply #1746 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 23:38:44 »
Can someone give me Weaston's discord ID so I can try to contact him that way? It doesn't seem like he checks GH.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1747 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 02:24:13 »
I'm trying to contact Weaston through discord to look at the possibility of taking over the shipping of this GB but no answer as of now. I'll update when/ if I do get anything. PM me for weastons discord handle.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #1748 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 12:34:16 »
I'm trying to contact Weaston through discord to look at the possibility of taking over the shipping of this GB but no answer as of now. I'll update when/ if I do get anything. PM me for weastons discord handle.

Thank you. I hope that happens so we can finally get this over with! Last reply i got from weaston was on 8/12 and nothing since that.
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline zekth

« Reply #1749 on: Wed, 19 October 2022, 15:04:44 »
so?