Author Topic: [Order Thread] Phantom Kit Signature Doubleshot Keycaps [Now in Smaller Portions]  (Read 5485 times)

Offline RColinTaylor

NOTE: Things are now consolidated! Only four keys (1.25x and 1x in pairs) will be used. Also, there are now only two color options: Yellow or Gray.

Can't have an awesome new keyboard without some signature keycaps, right? Yea, thats what we thought too. This buy, consisting of two sizes in two separate kits, will be in conjunction with the special "Phantom" keyboard kit that is being made in several different threads at the moment. The cap's design is based on the logo provided in the original interest post a few months ago and will be in White on Gray (GB3 Standard Kit Gray) and Black on Yellow (the exact color of the yellow has yet to be determined). The four keys will be modifiers (2 1x and 2 1.25x) designed to fit any of the new configurations provided in the "Phantom" Plates.

The Sets:

2 - 1x size Modifier
2 - 1.25x size Modifier

The Design Mockups:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 30906[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 30961[/ATTACH]

The Colors:

WA on GX (White on Gray)

and

White/Black/Gray (Undecided, need opinions) on *Yellow (Black on an undetermined Yellow)

When ordering:
State the COLOR of the set(s) you want, the SIZE of the keys you want, and the QUANTITY of each size; there are no individual keys for this buy.

For Reference:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 30907[/ATTACH]

The Cost:

...Sorry! Don't have that yet! I expect at most ~$3 per key ($6) but with quantity that price should lower.

Shipping:

CONUS: $5
Canananananada: $6-10
International: $10-15

Note: This should close around the same time as my other buys so it is possible to COMBINE your shipping with the other keys for no extra cost.

How to Order:

• Post your order here.
  • PM me (label it "Phantom Key Buy Order") your order + your country + your paypal email.
  • If you are combining with a "Novelty Buy" then please state that in the PM or I will miss it!
  • ????
  • Profit

REMEMBER!
This is a set so your order will be a quantity of the "Gray" or "Yellow versions.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 November 2011, 02:24:40 by RColinTaylor »
I like my Browns more than my Blues.

Offline BiNiaRiS

I want this in yellow 1x caps to make it into an RGBY kit like the Rebel kits Sixty ran on DT. This would look much better than that star/compass thingy.
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Yellow one would be really nice to match the RGB like Biniaris has stated
Keyboardless

Offline RColinTaylor

I presume you both want black on yellow but the question is what shade of yellow? If we can come to a consensus I will add it.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Awesome face yellow is which yellow? YY or YCH?
Keyboardless

Offline RColinTaylor

Quote from: tsangan;446272
Awesome face yellow is which yellow? YY or YCH?

Awesome face is YY.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Would that be too bright for the RGB? Maybe YCF would suit it better
Keyboardless

Offline RColinTaylor

I'm not too familiar with rgby sets so I am not the best judge of which yellow that works the best. The alternative is to pick either sixty's color or wait for hashbaz to settle on a color for his kit.

Offline RColinTaylor

Okay, I put up the option to purchase a Yellow set, no color decided on it though but it will be made for an RGBY set as Bini and tsang requested.

EDIT: I uploaded three versions on the yellow so we can decide which color will be the design on the yellow key.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 November 2011, 16:12:05 by RColinTaylor »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
no one besides us seems to be interested lol this isn't looking too good
Keyboardless

Offline RColinTaylor

[Order Thread] Phantom Kit Signature Doubleshot Keycaps [Now in Smaller Portions]
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:06:45 »
Quote from: tsangan;446474
no one besides us seems to be interested lol this isn't looking too good

Yea, not at all, but it was worth a shot. I still think its a pretty cool design.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
[Order Thread] Phantom Kit Signature Doubleshot Keycaps [Now in Smaller Portions]
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:09:50 »
Maybe after the Phantom gets up and running and finally ships then people would be interested, right now people are still thinking about this Phantom keyboard, definitely keep the SVG's as I think people would be interested.

Also I really only want the 1x modifier I have no use for the other 2, I would get to finally use vintage 1.5x Cherry Corp modifiers.
Keyboardless

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 22:38:53 »
Based on the current number of orders, 70% of the orders is for the 1.5x modifier plates.  So I think the 1x Phantom keys would be the most popular.  I think including the other 1.25x and 1.5x Phantom keys may be discouraging people to order becuase they actually want to use Cherry's 1.5x modifiers.  Most people will be using Cherry white on black or black on white keycaps.  So I would make Phantom keycaps that would match these color schemes.  I too like yellow as well to go with RGB keys.

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 05 November 2011, 23:43:47 »
I think from what you guys are saying is I should drop the 1.5x's because there will not be a need for it. I want to keep the 1.25x however because that is one that I can actually use on my boards.

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 06 November 2011, 00:36:14 »
Okay, I removed the White on Black option, took out the 1.5x size keys, and made it Black on Yellow as the final version of the yellow key.

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 02:25:20 »
Okay, I have broken this up into two sets, one for each size (1x and 1.25x).

Offline litster

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 10:56:46 »
1 set 1x White on grey
1 set 1x Black on Yellow

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 13:11:27 »
Aaaaaayyyyy at least we have one order.

Offline litster

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 13:27:32 »
I think a lot more people will order once we close the Phantom group buy.  We have 32 PCB orders now.

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 13:31:40 »
Quote from: litster;447413
I think a lot more people will order once we close the Phantom group buy.  We have 32 PCB orders now.

You should just require that anyone buying a PCB buy 5 sets of each color of keycap.

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 00:55:19 »
These still exist!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 08:15:04 »
Quote from: RColinTaylor;447400
Aaaaaayyyyy at least we have one order.
I put in an order for four of these when I PM'd my preorder to phantom