Author Topic: Post your audio gear / stereo setup  (Read 48800 times)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: Post your audio gear / stereo setup
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 19:01:10 »
Take a song like "Year of the Cat" by Al Stewart.  Listen to it however you like.  Then, as an experiment, turn everything FLAT.

Try it.

Then, depending on your environment, adjust your bass and treble frequency up and down until you reach that spot where the song goes full dimension.  (You'll know it when you hear it.)
I'm going to have to try this at some point.  I'll have to find the CD somewhere as I'm sure youtube and whatnot have terrible compression that will destroy that full dimension. :(

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 00:34:01 »
After a little self-encouragement, I took to making the setup look a bit better...

The picture is the only thing that appears level now!  Oh well.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 01:55:51 »
After a little self-encouragement, I took to making the setup look a bit better...

Show Image

Not bad, not bad at all!

Do you find the TV that high up (near the top of the door frame) is awkward to watch?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 02:11:29 »

Show Image

Not bad, not bad at all!

Do you find the TV that high up (near the top of the door frame) is awkward to watch?

Actually it's pretty good.  Especially when the lights are off and I'm playing a movie.  It's like being at a theater.  All I need are the drinks, popcorn and pizza!  It's awesome!

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 09:08:40 »

Show Image

Nice!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 21:27:29 »

Show Image

Not bad, not bad at all!

Actually it's pretty good.  Especially when the lights are off and I'm playing a movie.  It's like being at a theater.  All I need are the drinks, popcorn and pizza!  It's awesome!

Nice cinema if you can get pizza there :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 11:08:24 »

Show Image

Not bad, not bad at all!

I had to measure Rowdy.  The TV is only 4 1/2" higher than it was when it was sitting on the subs.  There is no neck strain or anything at all when I watch it.  As far as the pizza is concerned, it's not delivery, it's DiGiorno!  (Sometimes delivery, admittedly)  Or some other frozen pizza like Tombstone or Totino's.  Whatever is there.  It's all good.

Edit:

I had to show you it may be an optical illusion by the angle of the picture.  The TV is actually about 1/2" below the door frame.

« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:52:56 by Snowdog993 »

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 12:21:10 »

Show Image

Not bad, not bad at all!

I had to measure Rowdy.  The TV is only 4 1/2" higher than it was when it was sitting on the subs.  There is no neck strain or anything at all when I watch it.  As far as the pizza is concerned, it's not delivery, it's DiGiorno!  (Sometimes delivery, admittedly)  Or some other frozen pizza like Tombstone or Totino's.  Whatever is there.  It's all good.

Wow, looks a lot higher even though it's not.

You need to try the www.screaminsicilian.com brand of frozen pizzas.  I used to only find them in MKE, but it looks like they've started distributing everywhere.  It's some real fresh goodness!

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 14:48:23 »
Here's a brief history of my setups:

This was when I was living in my first apartment with my fiancee. The Polks I actually got for free from work at the time. They were going to be recycled, so I ended up taking them home, and the sounded wonderful! I still have these, however they currently sit and are not in use.

I picked up the B&W CM9's from work for a hell of a deal (1/2 off), and grabbed the Klipsch sub off Newegg on a Black Friday deal. I ended up selling the sub, as I also have a Mirage OmniS-10 sub that works really well.

At this time I had moved back in with my parents for a little while to save up some money. Found these pair of Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand's at work for $300/pr (retail for ~$3000), as they were a bit beat up, and both tweeters were shot. I replaced both tweeters (~$150), so I managed to have an amazing set of speakers for a hell of a deal. I ended up selling these for a decent profit, however I still regret selling these, as they are still some of my favorite speakers I've heard.

This was my setup after selling the Vienna Acoustics, moving my PC out of my bedroom, and picked up a Music Hall mmf2.2-le turntable. I also ended up getting a Music Hall Acrylic Platter, Denon DL-110 Cartridge, Phono Box S, Speed Box S, and the Alchemist Record Clamp. It sings quite beautifully!

This was at my last apartment with my fiancee. I ended up picking up an Adcom GFA-555II Amp for the speakers, as the amp section on my Pioneer Elite receiver was shot. I've been using the Pioneer Elite as a pre-amp, and it's been working fantastically with the Amp.

I still need to take some pictures of my current setup, I hope to have that done soon! I've also got some Klipsch KG4's that I scored from my boss for free, since he was looking to clear out some space.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:34:00 »
I have the other systems too.  The "Gaming/TV" setup is what I use when I am watching my stuff and she's watching hers.  Of course I could play around with the game consoles with my son or watch him play something too.

More

This thing has an RCA selector switch on the left side, which allows to switch between the Wii, PS/2, PS/3 and XBox 360.  On the right side is an RCA to HDMI 1080P upconverter.  Extremely helpful little gadget that allows me to utilize everything through the stereo too.
The Minimus-77's are on either side of the JVC RX-315 Receiver.  Just fine for the setup.
Below are the Wii, Cable Box, PS/2, Wireless Bridge, PS/3 and XBox 360.
The big-ol black block thing is just a Proficient S8 powered subwoofer. 
To the right is just a rack to hold the game cd's and dvd's for the consoles. 
It's practical and saves space.
Don't panic about the UFO's on the TV.

Edit: I should clean up the wiring here too.  Ugh!
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 13:19:31 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 11:03:19 »
I still need to take some pictures of my current setup, I hope to have that done soon! I've also got some Klipsch KG4's that I scored from my boss for free, since he was looking to clear out some space.

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:00:47 by Snowdog993 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 17:02:53 »

This was when I was living in my first apartment with my fiancee. The Polks I actually got for free from work at the time. They were going to be recycled, so I ended up taking them home, and the sounded wonderful! I still have these, however they currently sit and are not in use.
Show Image

Show Image

I picked up the B&W CM9's from work for a hell of a deal (1/2 off), and grabbed the Klipsch sub off Newegg on a Black Friday deal. I ended up selling the sub, as I also have a Mirage OmniS-10 sub that works really well.
Show Image

At this time I had moved back in with my parents for a little while to save up some money. Found these pair of Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand's at work for $300/pr (retail for ~$3000), as they were a bit beat up, and both tweeters were shot. I replaced both tweeters (~$150), so I managed to have an amazing set of speakers for a hell of a deal. I ended up selling these for a decent profit, however I still regret selling these, as they are still some of my favorite speakers I've heard.
Show Image

This was my setup after selling the Vienna Acoustics, moving my PC out of my bedroom, and picked up a Music Hall mmf2.2-le turntable. I also ended up getting a Music Hall Acrylic Platter, Denon DL-110 Cartridge, Phono Box S, Speed Box S, and the Alchemist Record Clamp. It sings quite beautifully!
Show Image

This was at my last apartment with my fiancee. I ended up picking up an Adcom GFA-555II Amp for the speakers, as the amp section on my Pioneer Elite receiver was shot. I've been using the Pioneer Elite as a pre-amp, and it's been working fantastically with the Amp.
Show Image

@.@   So good.

And here I am with my B&W 685's.  :P

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 00:54:09 »
My little turntable corner setup / writing desk

Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 04:10:07 »
My little turntable corner setup / writing desk

Show Image

Show Image

I love your floor!

Reminisce - back when people really did have a separate desk just for writing stuff :)

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 11:14:04 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 13:17:04 »
Show Image

Discrete EQ for left/right channels?  You can't possibly need that, do you?  :))

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:03:21 »
Show Image

Discrete EQ for left/right channels?  You can't possibly need that, do you?  :))

Doesn't everyone have one of them?  I do have one.

Edit: They really look cool too!  I wish I had more actually.  Very nice equipment.

The most useless equipment I had was the old ADC SA-1 Spectrum Analyzer I had.  There was an input but no output.  It worked, but not very well.  It didn't really do much even when I had signal going into it too.  I've seen spectrum analyzers that were really cool, that actually gave you real-time results.  Unfortunately, the ADC one was no good at all.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 November 2015, 12:18:38 by Snowdog993 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 22:26:31 »
I guess I can post this here - what I hope will be an upgrade to my small Logitech desktop speakers (with QFR for scale) ...

117252-0

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 22:42:52 »
I guess I can post this here - what I hope will be an upgrade to my small Logitech desktop speakers (with QFR for scale) ...

(Attachment Link)

I would call that an upgrade!  However, how are the condition of those speakers?  I had a big pair of MGA speakers like that, but the crossovers were shot on them, and the foam surrounds were going bad too.  It's not too hard to replace the drivers, just be sure to get the correct ones if you do.

Kinda reminds me of the "project" that I did.  I wound up spending a lot more money than I really initially planned on.  I'm not disappointed, but it did do a serious wallet hacking.  Do you have the other equipment to get it going Rowdy?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:29:14 »

(Attachment Link)

I would call that an upgrade!  However, how are the condition of those speakers?  I had a big pair of MGA speakers like that, but the crossovers were shot on them, and the foam surrounds were going bad too.  It's not too hard to replace the drivers, just be sure to get the correct ones if you do.

Kinda reminds me of the "project" that I did.  I wound up spending a lot more money than I really initially planned on.  I'm not disappointed, but it did do a serious wallet hacking.  Do you have the other equipment to get it going Rowdy?

I have no idea!

Based on suggestions in my other thread, I've ordered an amp, I have a cable (or two), and it's just a case of seeing whether they actually work.

FWIW the amp cost more than the speakers :))

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 12:18:24 »
phase 1 of my extreme getting-ready-to-move downsizing.

<- My Collection (so far)

Offline dan002

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 13:50:47 »

Show Image

What headphone amp is that? Have you tried the Shiit Lyr?
Peace, love and keyboards.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 13:58:09 »

Show Image

Moving to WI?  :-*

Setup looks really nice.  :)  But you need to stahp downsizing.  :'(

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 15:23:34 »

Show Image

Audio is really dangerous for me. After working in so many world class studios, I've been utterly spoiled when it comes to hearing music sound as good as it possibly can. I mean, I've heard some of the original Beatles 2 inch tapes in a 5+ million dollar room. For years I was really, really concerned with getting the best possible sound from my home stereo, but more than anything it was just never enough. I almost found myself disliking using my system with each new addition, because it really was just sub par to what I was used to. So downsizing with the intention of A)Being better with money and B)To get a system that's cost gives me more bang than buck has actually made me enjoy sitting around and listening to music more at home.

TL;DR - Now that I've stopped trying to compete with systems I have no business competing with has made home audio fun again. When I wanna blow my pants off, I'll go into a studio in the off hours, smoke a..pipe...and dissolve into the music.  :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 15:30:13 »

Show Image

Audio is really dangerous for me. After working in so many world class studios, I've been utterly spoiled when it comes to hearing music sound as good as it possibly can. I mean, I've heard some of the original Beatles 2 inch tapes in a 5+ million dollar room. For years I was really, really concerned with getting the best possible sound from my home stereo, but more than anything it was just never enough. I almost found myself disliking using my system with each new addition, because it really was just sub par to what I was used to. So downsizing with the intention of A)Being better with money and B)To get a system that's cost gives me more bang than buck has actually made me enjoy sitting around and listening to music more at home.

TL;DR - Now that I've stopped trying to compete with systems I have no business competing with has made home audio fun again.

Makes sense.  I can respect that.  :P

When I wanna blow my pants off, I'll go into a studio in the off hours, smoke a..pipe...and dissolve into the music.  :p

Aaaaand, you'll take me with??  :3

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 15:33:53 »

Show Image

TL;DR - Now that I've stopped trying to compete with systems I have no business competing with has made home audio fun again.

Makes sense.  I can respect that.  :P

When I wanna blow my pants off, I'll go into a studio in the off hours, smoke a..pipe...and dissolve into the music.  :p

Oh Yussss. I need to see if my buddies with a studio near Asheville are still doing their thing. If so we may need an extra day planned before the next meetup ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 15:37:43 »

Oh Yussss. I need to see if my buddies with a studio near Asheville are still doing their thing. If so we may need an extra day planned before the next meetup ;)

Or maybe an extra week.  ^-^

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 12:44:54 »

Show Image

Lovely headphones!  Look like mine except they seem to be the low impedance version.

TL;DR - Now that I've stopped trying to compete with systems I have no business competing with has made home audio fun again. When I wanna blow my pants off, I'll go into a studio in the off hours, smoke a..pipe...and dissolve into the music.  :p
OMG that had to be awesome to listen to!  I can only imagine how much more the fidelity is and how much more you can actually hear.  A good friend of mine got me hooked on good sound when I was working with him and now nothing sounds 'right' anymore.  I can still get into the music and enjoy it based on the content, but every time my wife puts music her iphone on I want to cringe--that's a line I have to draw on listening to tinny, horrible quality.

So when's the GH studio meet getaway happening?  ;D

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 12:19:56 »
A slight improvement.  Used a pair of AIWA speakers for fill.  Very nice now.  Great for A/V experience.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 12:22:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

@.@   So good.

And here I am with my B&W 685's.  :P

Nothing wrong with the 685s! I actually almost bought those before deciding to splurge a little on the CM9s.

@livingspeedbump, SpeedBox and PhonoBox? Turntable Twins? I've got the same on mine!

Also, recently acquired an H.H. Scott 350a Stereo Tuner, and a Realistic SA-1001 Amplifier from my Grandpa. Haven't hooked them up yet, but they look brand spanking new.

« Last Edit: Fri, 20 November 2015, 12:26:59 by dgneo »

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 20:28:04 »
@Djnego yup! Both of those and a Carbon Esprit. Its more than enough for me :D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 19:16:39 »
This thread needs more activity.  ^-^   x-post from vinyl thread.  >:D

Listening Room by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 19:26:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Going to Austin to go to Ikea this weekend to grab a book shelf.

I also want to go check out some vinyl stores while I am there.

Should look good right next to my desk. =3

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 19:29:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yeeeeeeee  ^-^

These Ikea shelves are great.  But I'm sure you don't need my opinion to tell you that.  :P

Be sure to post some pics after you get it all set up.  :D

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 19:43:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yeeeeeeee  ^-^

These Ikea shelves are great.  But I'm sure you don't need my opinion to tell you that.  :P

Be sure to post some pics after you get it all set up.  :D

our collection has 3 o.o

But this is more of my girlfriends hobby then mine.

She is a huge music buff. So I let her do all the picking lol.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 19:49:25 »
our collection has 3 o.o

LOL.  Better get started on the digging!  ;)

What is she into?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 20:18:29 »
our collection has 3 o.o

What is she into?

music would be my guess
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 21:15:58 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:06:11 by alienman82 »

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 21:34:18 »
our collection has 3 o.o

What is she into?

music would be my guess

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:21:47 »
Here's my current vinyl/basement setup:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 07:34:16 »
Here's my current vinyl/basement setup:

Show Image

Show Image

Nice.  I want to come over and listen to some tunes.

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 20:09:29 »
Heres my final old setup, now very old.

Townshend Rock Reference, Excalibur tonearm, Koetsu Rosewood cartridge.
Michell Iso phono stage
Teac P1 Transport, D1 DAC
Michell Argo preamp, Michell Alecto Monoblocks
Celestion Kingston speakers.

I sold the record deck a while ago rather than put it into storage and risk damage, but it was a wonderful beast, better than any CD player I ever heard. The speakers are some weird composite that was supposed to be as sonically inert as possible, they stopped making it because it was very fragile.

Heres a few extremely potato pics of the last time it was all together. One day I may still return to the joys of extreme hi fi.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 20:47:45 »
For my home theater I use some Sony STR-KG700s I got from a Best Buy store closing in 2007 for only $80 because they were new but in a damaged box they had in the back of the store. They still sound great!

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 12:25:09 »

Flipped everything 180, looks much better now. Also moved my LivingColor light down there as well. Many good times to be had here :D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 12:44:33 »
Show Image

Flipped everything 180, looks much better now. Also moved my LivingColor light down there as well. Many good times to be had here :D

Yes!  Now I want to come over even harder.

Really digging the vibes.  You just need...more...vinyl...

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 12:48:04 »
Show Image

Oh it'll happen, however before that even, I need to get my table in working order.  :'(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 12:51:48 »

Oh it'll happen, however before that even, I need to get my table in working order.  :'(

Yeah, that too.  :-/  Also wouldn't hurt to throw a CD player or tape deck into the mix, if you're into that.  ;)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 12:54:32 »

Yeah, that too.  :-/  Also wouldn't hurt to throw a CD player or tape deck into the mix, if you're into that.  ;)

Thanks for reminding me! I've a CD player at my parents as well. Never really gotten into tapes honestly, but I may have a tape deck there too  :cool:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 15:48:11 »
Not the normal post...

My home gear

And a few extras..

SSL 9000

Neve 88R

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 16:44:51 »
Not the normal post...

My home gear

And a few extras..

SSL 9000

Neve 88R

Yes yes yes!  What's not normal about this post?  :P  I posted a big ole mixing board in the OP.  :cool:

Loving your home setup.  Is that current? 

PS, who's the guy with the short beard in the second pic?