Author Topic: [IC] Keychron Q3 - TKL  (Read 33500 times)

Offline WarlordGorguts

Re: [IC] Keychron Q3 - TKL
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 21 November 2021, 04:09:37 »
Looks good. Interested in encoder compatibility with aftermarket knobs (like RAMA or Thok).

Offline Potatomonkey

• Tsangan best row
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 21 November 2021, 12:23:33 »
Can you replace the knob with a switch on the f13 version like on the Q1? (with a bit of desoldering that is  :p)

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for a wkl/tsangan knob version ;D

Offline Norton

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 11:17:28 »
I'll be in on this, thank you Keychron  :thumb:

Offline mick

• MickBenjamins.com
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 28 November 2021, 11:34:46 »
Was looking at the Q1, but it seems the Q3 will be my next board :)

Offline cheswick

• https://cheswick.dev/
    • cheswick.dev
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 04 December 2021, 05:44:25 »
-- Exploded view added

Offline Tree_

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 04 December 2021, 05:47:12 »
Can a switch be used in place of the knob for a F13 layout?

Offline Reebes

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 08 December 2021, 07:17:36 »
Now that the k8 pro has been announced with via and bluetooth, is there a chance this board will include a bluetooth edition (as the technology barrier seems to have been circumvented)?

Offline stidal

• milo#3939
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 08 December 2021, 10:14:04 »
Now that the k8 pro has been announced with via and bluetooth, is there a chance this board will include a bluetooth edition (as the technology barrier seems to have been circumvented)?

i'd imagine the lack of bluetooth for the q3 stems from the full aluminum case, not via/bluetooth compat
transition tkl // aksara ce // bully // valhalla // voyager // rs60 // adiuvare // ciel60 // jules // prime e // ut47.2 // sequence // bumper // q1 // gaff60

Offline cheswick

• cheswick.dev
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 08 December 2021, 13:44:44 »
What stidal wrote.
For bluetooth @QSeries we will think about acrylic bottoms or full acrylic cases to make BT work without connection issues.

Offline Keeblover

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 03:53:11 »
Love what you guys are Keychron are doing fan since K1V2!

Offline amizan8653

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 02:16:28 »
So I know that it was stated that "WKL, rotary knob(F13), tsangan bottom row are things we are working on and may come in a separate run. "

I notice however that the Q1 is a board that Keychron hasn't officially released a rotary knob for, but people can go ahead and solder in a knob + upload a QMK file to go and enable the knob. example:

So, will the Q3 be setup in a similar way, where there's a cutout in the case for a rotary knob, and the users have the ability to just buy a 3rd party encoder & solder it on themselves?

And if so, will the January run for the Q3 have the cutout for the rotary encoder?

Having a TLK with a rotary encoder in the F13 for $150 sounds like a dream to me. I'd literally rather have a Q3 with a rotary knob over all other custom keyboards.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 December 2021, 02:19:45 by amizan8653 »

Offline wz89

• New to the rabbithole
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 03:45:15 »

So, will the Q3 be setup in a similar way, where there's a cutout in the case for a rotary knob, and the users have the ability to just buy a 3rd party encoder & solder it on themselves?

And if so, will the January run for the Q3 have the cutout for the rotary encoder?

Having a TLK with a rotary encoder in the F13 for $150 sounds like a dream to me. I'd literally rather have a Q3 with a rotary knob over all other custom keyboards.

I believe OP did state back in November that the first run would have two versions with one being the standard f12 row layout and the second one being an F13/rotary encoder layout

Offline hussar_name

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 06:59:34 »
WKL, rotary knob(F13), tsangan bottom row is stuff we try to put into a limited run on the Q3 but we have to check on this later on

Thanks, all my sets are wkl iso with stepped capslock, so if I don't have those I can't buy the keyboard.

Talking about the keyboard, are the edges quite sharp? I don't own a cnc custom, so I wonder if usually they're quite rounded or not. Surely a more round edge is more durable and less annoying.

BTW, why is this keyboard not getting much interest? Isn't it considered exclusive enough? Are there some deficiencies that I'm missing?
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 January 2022, 09:37:02 by hussar_name »

Offline cheswick

• cheswick.dev
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 07:05:43 »
@amizan8653 Yes, as you can see in the meantime with the Q1 and Q2 there is still a cutout for switches and for the knobs there is also an aluminium cover that rounds off the whole look a little: https://i.imgur.com/PuLafuB.jpg
Q3 has been postponed until March so that we can incorporate further feedback from Q2 etc. I think interest is still very high.

@hussar_name I think that the interest is still very low, because there was nothing big public about Q3 yet and therefore I expect a lot of interest now after the Q2 release.

Offline Rilow

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 12:37:12 »
When is this releasing, and is ISO coming at the same time as ANSI?

Offline cheswick

• cheswick.dev
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 17:10:01 »
When is this releasing, and is ISO coming at the same time as ANSI?
yes

Offline Rilow

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 08:44:53 »
ISO sold out in less than a minute :(

Offline iMigu

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 10:48:37 »

Unfortunately there was not ISO available at all at today's launch :(

Offline cheswick

• cheswick.dev
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 14:01:38 »

Unluckly ISO wasnt available same as plates because the whole city was locked down and they didnt managed to produce them all in time. All this should be there in 2 weeks

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 30 March 2022, 00:38:12 »
the knob is weird, to say the least, but overall a nice board, would love to see some new mounting styles implemented in future boards such as gummy o-ring, top mount, etc.

Offline Handke

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 30 March 2022, 04:31:11 »
This works only for those who are new to the hobby. I've got lots of old sets, and only three new gmk sets. So for me it's cheaper to buy a 350 usd ISO WKL keyboard than to buy this one.

So... please add ISO WKL whith stepped caps lock , and compatibility with existing pcbs. For example Hiney or Gondolindrim PCB.

Offline cheswick

• cheswick.dev
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 31 March 2022, 08:57:11 »
This works only for those who are new to the hobby. I've got lots of old sets, and only three new gmk sets. So for me it's cheaper to buy a 350 usd ISO WKL keyboard than to buy this one.

So... please add ISO WKL whith stepped caps lock , and compatibility with existing pcbs. For example Hiney or Gondolindrim PCB.
The intention of this board is to provide an easy and cheap entrance into the hobby, neither wkl or stepped capslock are features that fit the needs of most of the customers so if this will ever be a thing then as seperate groupbuy where u can just get any other board and u will be much happier.