Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3519627 times)

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #11000 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 23:37:09 »
How heavy ( not switch weight) Is the hhkb, leopold f660c, and poker II?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11001 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 23:49:17 »
How heavy ( not switch weight) Is the hhkb, leopold f660c, and poker II?

EK says HHKB is: 530g (1 lb 3oz)

EK says FC660C is: 700g

WFD says Poker II is: 1lb 5oz
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 January 2015, 23:51:07 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline spale

« Reply #11002 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 16:40:28 »
Can anyone tell me is this keyboard mechanic or not? Its ES COM at its black that all I see :)

https://www.kupujemprodajem.com/big-photo-18090231-1.htm

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #11003 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 16:44:18 »
I have a iKBC 104 and it is plate mounted.  However the stabs are also plate mounted.  Isn't this quite rare?  I've only heard of pcb stabs.  I ****ed up in the clipping of one of them and so far I've only found pcb mount stab replacements online.  Are there nowhere plate mounted stabs available?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #11004 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 16:47:37 »
Can anyone tell me is this keyboard mechanic or not? Its ES COM at its black that all I see :)

there's no way to know for sure, but judging by the fact that it looks like a somewhat modern board and I can't find any information at all on the company, my guess is rubber dome. I wouldn't chance it either way

I have a iKBC 104 and it is plate mounted.  However the stabs are also plate mounted.  Isn't this quite rare?  I've only heard of pcb stabs.  I ****ed up in the clipping of one of them and so far I've only found pcb mount stab replacements online.  Are there nowhere plate mounted stabs available?
WASD has the clips; mouser sells plate mount stabs, but only in relatively bulk quantities. And they're not too rare considering that plate mount boards come with plate mount stabs
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 January 2015, 16:53:06 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline spale

« Reply #11005 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 17:32:47 »
Thx for answer, will skip it then, dont want any more rubber :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11006 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 17:54:14 »

Thx for answer, will skip it then, dont want any more rubber :)

yeah that's probably right

doubtful it's mechanical
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #11007 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 19:59:03 »
Is there any place to get 6u spacebars? Preferably dsa and pbt, though they do not have to be. They are going with my hacker infinity keyboard I have received and that I will be using granite with.

So far all I have found is the massdrop infinity keycap set which I unfortunately did not buy as I was not planning on getting the board at the time. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/infinity-dye-sublimated-keycap-set?s=infin

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #11008 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 20:30:43 »
Is there any place to get 6u spacebars? Preferably dsa and pbt, though they do not have to be. They are going with my hacker infinity keyboard I have received and that I will be using granite with.

So far all I have found is the massdrop infinity keycap set which I unfortunately did not buy as I was not planning on getting the board at the time. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/infinity-dye-sublimated-keycap-set?s=infin

There used to be some in the PMK overstock keyshop, but for some reason I cant find the link anymore. Try shoot them an email, you never know.
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #11009 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 21:15:42 »

There used to be some in the PMK overstock keyshop, but for some reason I cant find the link anymore. Try shoot them an email, you never know.

I emailed Melissa back in October when I was thinking about the board and got this reply.
We can mold the 6 unit spacebar in PBT, unfortunately we don't have any in stock and we have a minimum order value of $100 for anything that needs to be manufactured...

I sent her an email about abs or any other kinds of 6u spacebars, and we'll see how that goes. For everyone else, I am still open to other avenues I can explore.

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #11010 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 23:44:25 »
Is it possible to program Gons Nerd controller with spaceFN or ctrl+esc style dual keys?

Painted QFR          Poker 2

Offline spale

« Reply #11011 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 11:09:41 »
Here comes ultra noob question:

If keyboard is TKL (such as CM Poker II) how do you scroll pages (PDFs or websites) when there is not arrow keys?

I know this may sound dumb but I never even used TKL keyboard, and I don't know how can a person live without arrow keys ( numpad, that I can understand).

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #11012 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 11:28:50 »
Here comes ultra noob question:

If keyboard is TKL (such as CM Poker II) how do you scroll pages (PDFs or websites) when there is not arrow keys?

I know this may sound dumb but I never even used TKL keyboard, and I don't know how can a person live without arrow keys ( numpad, that I can understand).

You have your terminology wrong. TKL means no numberpad (tenkey), but still has the arrow keys and the navigation cluster above it. The term you are looking for is 60% which is just the main typing section.

With that said these smaller boards usually add the missing keys on layers. So you hold a function key (like right menu) and press 1 it will turn into F1. For the poker II Fn+WASD acts as arrow keys, similar to walking in a game. Also, some people may browse PDFs and the internet with a mouse which obviously does not change.

With some practice the combinations can become second nature. Some even find layouts like the HHKB better than a TKL as the arrow keys are closer to the home row stopping you from having to move your hand all the way across the board.

Obviously this all depends on the person. Some people constantly use arrow keys and don't like layers so a TKL is better than a 60%. But for some others who don't use the arrow keys much the use of a layer is worth the size (extra portability and more desk space). Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 January 2015, 11:33:51 by Smasher816 »

Offline spale

« Reply #11013 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 11:53:13 »
Aha so that how it works :)
Yup I see now, 60% is not my cup of tea, those combination of keys, kinda scare me. But at least I know full story now. Thx :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11014 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 07:48:00 »
Is it possible to program Gons Nerd controller with spaceFN or ctrl+esc style dual keys?

I think so. I don't see why you couldn't.

I've had a week or so using my first real keyboard (a Ducky Zero with red MX switches and ABS keycaps) and have two issues with it.

First, it's noisy.  I went with non clicky switches in the hope it wouldn't be, but it's still much louder than my old Cherry membrane keyboard.  From what I've read this is probably because I'm bottoming out the switches - would O rings help?  Or perhaps getting some thicker (PBT?) keycaps would dampen the sound?

Second, it's very sensitive so I keep clipping the corner of the key next to the one I want resulting in unwanted keypresses.  I think this is because the switches are too light for me but is there anything I can do about it?  It's plate mount so a spring transplant is not an option.

Seems likely both problems would be solved if I learned to type better but I still have to use a cheap keyboard at work so that's going to be hard, instead I'm going to take the easy option and throw money at the problem in the hope it goes away!  (If this board can't be made suitable I'll buy another one...)

1) Thicker keycaps, drawer liner between the PCB and case bottom, and sitting your keyboard on a mousepad or something similar will help.
2) Typing technique will help a lot if you don't want to do the spring swap. You *can* do the swap, you just need to desolder the switches and pull them off the board. Is there a reason you think it can't be done?

Not really keyboard related but how do you make these small keyboard pics that everybody has in their signatures? like here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67195.msg1577835#msg1577835

I think people use Paint.

Is GON the only place to buy universal 60% plates?

http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/housings-and-related-parts/17-universal-frameplate-for-60.html

Think Mkawa might still have some. I know AKMalamute and ApocalypseMeow have access to laser cutters and have run plate buys in the past. You could try PMing them.

I'm looking into getting a raspberry pi specifically for retropie for old school games. I have found some tutorials but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience setting this up and how well it would work with composite cables. Thanks!

Not keyboard related. Please try asking in a more relevant thread or making a topic in "Other Geeky Stuff".

Those are all the questions I saw that weren't answered. If I missed something while I was out, please let me know and I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities. Really happy this thread has continued to be popular :).
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 January 2015, 07:50:15 by CPTBadAss »

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #11015 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 11:49:07 »

I think so. I don't see why you couldn't.

I'm come to the conclusion that you can't. I haven't seen anyone else ever do it. It looks like TMK firmware is the only one that supports this. So the gh60 and infinity are the only pcb I could find that support dual role modifiers and spaceFN.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11016 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 11:52:48 »
I'm come to the conclusion that you can't. I haven't seen anyone else ever do it. It looks like TMK firmware is the only one that supports this. So the gh60 and infinity are the only pcb I could find that support dual role modifiers and spaceFN.

Just because it's never been done and documented here doesn't mean it can't be done. Have you tried it personally? Have you PMed GON to ask him? Perhaps talked to SpiceBar?

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #11017 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 12:00:42 »
I have asked in gons question and answer thread. Spicebar doesn't list gons controller as being compatible anywhere in his threads (afaik) but I will pm him.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11018 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 13:45:46 »
I can't find the picture of a special spacebar that supported standard and Leopold stem positions.

It's hard to describe - it had like 2in1 stems :D

I am sure I saw it in one of Ivan's GB / IC threads, but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11019 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 14:14:38 »
I can't find the picture of a special spacebar that supported standard and Leopold stem positions.

It's hard to describe - it had like 2in1 stems :D

I am sure I saw it in one of Ivan's GB / IC threads, but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

This guy?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11020 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 14:40:38 »
Exactly this one.

Thanks Hoff  :thumb:

I was checking the R4 thread  forward and backwards and forgot that there was a R3 as well :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11021 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 14:47:57 »
Exactly this one.

Thanks Hoff  :thumb:

I was checking the R4 thread  forward and backwards and forgot that there was a R3 as well :p

No problem!  :)

I knew Ivan posted it, so I just scanned back in his recent posts to find it.  Of course, that was after I went through a few threads first...   :))

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #11022 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 02:55:11 »
Quote from: FAQ

•   Where can I buy stabilizers/stabilizer wire? Up to FAQ
For Costar stabilizers, you can go to WASDKeyboards. For Cherry PCB/plate mount, you can go to Mouser or OnlineComponents.com. Note that you can only find the following part numbers at Mouser: G99-0744 which are PCB mount switches with an 8X wire and G99-0224 which are plate mounted with a 2X wire. You can mix and match your order to get the 2X wire and PCB mount if you need. I've never seen  a 6x or 6.25x wire. You'll have to bend your own. Litster's video may be helpful. The wire diameter for Costar is 3/64" music wire found at hobby shops and he uses a Du-Bro EZ Bender tool. And I believe the Cherry wire diameter is 1/16". Alternatively, you can buy some from GON.

There's still no new options for it ?
Looking for 7u/6.25u and several 2u Plate mount cherry stabs in Europe . My best options is to get the plastics from mouser and then bend wires ?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11023 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 07:46:47 »
Where can I buy stabilizers/stabilizer wire?

There's still no new options for it ?
Looking for 7u/6.25u and several 2u Plate mount cherry stabs in Europe . My best options is to get the plastics from mouser and then bend wires ?

As far as I know, there are no new options. I think GON and Imsto carry them but the prices are pretty steep for shipping. And I've heard that Mouser has had issues with stocking the stabilizers.

Oh and before I forget, Ivan ran a GB for them so there may be extras popping up in the classifieds soon.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 January 2015, 07:56:46 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #11024 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 00:27:58 »
Does blank pom 1800 caps exist?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11025 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 07:02:49 »
Does blank pom 1800 caps exist?

I'm not sure about blank POM. I bet there's lasered POM though.

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #11026 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 15:03:30 »
Does LZ have a tenkey pad offering like duck and KMAC?
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11027 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 15:36:19 »
Does LZ have a tenkey pad offering like duck and KMAC?

Supposedly they were a couple made but not in the same numbers as say the LZ-GH. Might have been for LZ's own amusement.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11028 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 16:23:45 »
A few Qs about the Ducky Mini that I don't really want to start a new thread for...

What are the size of the modifiers/bottom row? I want to put m,y Cherry Replica set on one. Also, how easy is it to change coloured LEDs to white ones, if there is a difference.

I essentially want a YOTH board but with white LEDs with different switches on and a different keyset... lmao...

for reference - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-151-DK
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline intelli78

« Reply #11029 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:23:15 »
A friend told me he had an old mech to give me. Well, it was a Das II... not bad. Really nice keycaps. But not fully Filco compatible.

Did Cherry ever make:

- Fulltouch blank black POM caps lock
- 6.25x black POM spacebar with normal stem spacing
- 1.75 blank black POM right shift?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11030 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:24:21 »
Did Cherry ever make:

I wasn't aware Cherry made blank POM caps at all.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11031 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:25:04 »
A friend told me he had an old mech to give me. Well, it was a Das II... not bad. Really nice keycaps. But not fully Filco compatible.

Did Cherry ever make:

I'm gonna guess probably not BUT if you decide to sell I think photekq is looking for one of those boards.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #11032 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:29:15 »

Yeah, for Das II and generic G80-3000LPCXY-2: http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/blank-superior-gold-contact-linear-action-104-key-keyboard-black.asp

I'm gonna guess probably not BUT if you decide to sell I think photekq is looking for one of those boards.

Yeah, he is... I'm going to hang onto it for now, but he will be first in line if I decide to sell it.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11034 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:52:28 »

Yeah, for Das II and generic G80-3000LPCXY-2: http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/blank-superior-gold-contact-linear-action-104-key-keyboard-black.asp

Yeah, he is... I'm going to hang onto it for now, but he will be first in line if I decide to sell it.

I just remembered dante tried this  GB once

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49081.0

Offline intelli78

« Reply #11035 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 14:03:32 »
Cool, TIL. I wonder if this little list of boards helps you at all?

Thanks for the list... sadly, seems to confirm there are no such caps from Cherry (assuming it is a complete list of Cherry otaku boards)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11036 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 14:06:22 »
Cool, TIL. I wonder if this little list of boards helps you at all?

Thanks for the list... sadly, seems to confirm there are no such caps from Cherry (assuming it is a complete list of Cherry otaku boards)

I doubt that list is complete. I just found it real quick and hoped it might be helpful :(. Obviously I don't know much about the topic so hopefully one of our Cherryheads pops in :).

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11037 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 14:51:56 »
A few Qs about the Ducky Mini that I don't really want to start a new thread for...

What are the size of the modifiers/bottom row? I want to put m,y Cherry Replica set on one. Also, how easy is it to change coloured LEDs to white ones, if there is a difference.

I essentially want a YOTH board but with white LEDs with different switches on and a different keyset... lmao...

To me it looks like the mini is all 1.25x mods and a 6x spacebar :( not good news if I want to put the cherry replica set on...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11038 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 15:08:06 »

To me it looks like the mini is all 1.25x mods and a 6x spacebar :( not good news if I want to put the cherry replica set on...

It looks fine to me. What makes you believe it's a 6x spacebar?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #11039 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 15:27:31 »
Ditto... all 1.25x mods with 6x spacebar wouldn't even work unless they had nonstandard right shift, enter, |\, backspace, etc. 99% sure it's standard.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11040 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 15:57:33 »
It sure looks like a 6x spacebar =/

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11041 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 16:04:02 »

It looks fine to me. But for curiousity's sake, I messaged Ducky on Facebook. I'll let you know what their response is. Alternatively, you could ping 00ZerO or JoshMK and have them check one of their boards in their shop.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #11042 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 16:08:57 »

It looks fine to me. But for curiousity's sake, I messaged Ducky on Facebook. I'll let you know what their response is. Alternatively, you could ping 00ZerO or JoshMK and have them check one of their boards in their shop.

It's a 6.25u spacebar. It's hard to tell from that image, but the spacebar starts halfway under the 'X' key, and ends 3/4 into the <, key. So standard ANSI layout.

I have a very strong hunch that the ANSI Ducky Mini is actually just a rebranded Vortex (Poker II), the same as was the case with the ISO Ducky Mini.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #11043 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 01:57:14 »
Corsair K70 RGB.
Does it use standard ANSI stabilizer/spacebar sizes?
Is it compatible with the phantom plates?
Is it compatible with aluminium tenkeyless cases like the filco/vortex?

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11044 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 02:27:33 »
Corsair K70 RGB.
Does it use standard ANSI stabilizer/spacebar sizes?
Is it compatible with the phantom plates?
Is it compatible with aluminium tenkeyless cases like the filco/vortex?

K70 does NOT use standard bottom row.
It uses 1.5 x 1 x 1.25 x 6.5 x 1.25 x 1 x 1 x 1.5

I'm not sure how to answer the rest, the bottom row caps wouldn't be compatible with a phantom plate since phantom is standard but everything besides the space bar stabs could be harvested used on a phantom plate, you'd just have source a 6.25u spacebar stab wire.
The entire piece is installed on an aluminum plate which also makes up the case so it's not compatible with anything really.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 January 2015, 02:31:49 by Evo_Spec »
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11045 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 07:32:33 »

It's a 6.25u spacebar. It's hard to tell from that image, but the spacebar starts halfway under the 'X' key, and ends 3/4 into the <, key. So standard ANSI layout.

I have a very strong hunch that the ANSI Ducky Mini is actually just a rebranded Vortex (Poker II), the same as was the case with the ISO Ducky Mini.

OK, yeah looking at my Cherry set, it looks standard. I'm going to order one anyway, see how it goes.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11046 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 10:08:00 »

OK, yeah looking at my Cherry set, it looks standard. I'm going to order one anyway, see how it goes.

Ducky replied to my message on Facebook. As intelli78, jdcarpe, and I suspected, it's 6.25x.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 January 2015, 10:09:34 by CPTBadAss »

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #11047 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 10:19:13 »
Ive started looking into building my own keyboard but I was confused with which switch type to get between PCB mount and plate mount. Im thinking of getting my parts from GONs and his mx clear switches are PCB mount while Im planning on using a plate.
Can I use a plate using PCB mount switches?
Can I use a plate with PCB mount stabilizers?
Thanks in advance!
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11048 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 10:27:05 »
Ive started looking into building my own keyboard but I was confused with which switch type to get between PCB mount and plate mount. Im thinking of getting my parts from GONs and his mx clear switches are PCB mount while Im planning on using a plate.
Thanks in advance!

It all depends on the PCB if it has the holes for the PCB pins on the switches and if it has the proper holes for the PCB mount stabilizers, the plate would also have to have a proper cut out for the PCB mount stabilizers to fit through.

FYI you can take PCB mount switches and cut the little legs off to make them plate mount but can't go the other way.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11049 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 10:29:43 »
Im thinking of getting my parts from GONs and his mx clear switches are PCB mount while Im planning on using a plate.

^^  I will answer this specifically for GON's hardware.  The answers vary based on plate and PCB design, but my answer below are specifically for GON's plates and PCBs.

Yes.  PCB mount switches interact with the plate exactly the same as plate mount switches do.  Where they differ is how they interact with the PCB.  PCB mount switches have two tabs on the bottom that fit into the plate to secure it in place (hence why you wouldn't need a plate in that case).  Adding a plate will only increase stability, there will be no compatibility issues (some people prefer the feeling of no plate though, but that's preference).  GON's PCBs do support PCB mount switches, so you will have no issues there.

This depends entirely on the design of the plate you're using.  GON designs all his plates to use PCB mount stabilizers (I believe this is a common occurrence in Korean keyboards), so you actually have to use PCB mount stabilizers.  There are no mounting points on the plates for plate mount stabilizers.

Hope this helps.   :thumb: