Author Topic: cannot open forum from firefox but chrome can  (Read 3067 times)

Offline redskull

cannot open forum from firefox but chrome can
« on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 08:49:43 »
yo bosses,

as per title, it happened just a few minutes ago, was browsing from firefox and suddenly i got logged out saying im a spambot. refreshed, not even the front page is showing;

now im using chrome, all is well. tried logging of from here, back to firefox, same result. even restarted my pc. same problem.  :-X

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
Re: cannot open forum from firefox but chrome can
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 09:05:55 »
Tried to clear your firefox cache and cookies

I used firefox and it's normal ;)

Offline redskull

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 09:23:01 »
Tried to clear your firefox cache and cookies

I used firefox and it's normal ;)

already did bro, same result.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 16:23:41 »
Have you got a proxy configured in one browser but not the other?

Actually I switched from using Chrome to Firefox at home because Chrome was causing a white flash when I switched between pages and Firefox was not.  It seems that Chrome does not (or cannot) draw the page fast enough, and also defaults to a white background.  That was driving me crazy in the dim dawn light.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline redskull

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 09:16:17 »
Have you got a proxy configured in one browser but not the other?

Actually I switched from using Chrome to Firefox at home because Chrome was causing a white flash when I switched between pages and Firefox was not.  It seems that Chrome does not (or cannot) draw the page fast enough, and also defaults to a white background.  That was driving me crazy in the dim dawn light.

i used to have a proxy add-on. i removed it, cleared cache and everything, the problem is still there. checked with whatismyipaddress.com and it is correct, its my local ip.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 09:18:24 »
Maybe try re-installing the browser? :rolleyes:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Coreda

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 09:23:39 »
Couple things you could do to test:

a. Help>Restart with addons disabled. This restarts Firefox in safe mode which will allow you to check if it's an addon causing incompatibilities.

b. Launch Firefox with the -p parameter (firefox.exe -p) from the run dialog/command-line/shortcut. This will open the Profile manager where you can create a fresh profile while saving the previous profile.

Offline redskull

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 00:03:25 »

a. Help>Restart with addons disabled. This restarts Firefox in safe mode which will allow you to check if it's an addon causing incompatibilities.

b. Launch Firefox with the -p parameter (firefox.exe -p) from the run dialog/command-line/shortcut. This will open the Profile manager where you can create a fresh profile while saving the previous profile.
a. didn't work. problem is still there.

b. works! but now it seems i'm back to a clean firefox, all my addons, bookmarks, etc. are gone.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 00:06:30 »

b. works! but now it seems i'm back to a clean firefox, all my addons, bookmarks, etc. are gone.

If you can switch back to the previous profile, you can export your bookmarks and make al ist of the essential addons that you need.

Then switch back to the new profile and import the bookmarks.

When reinstalling the addons, do one at a time and make sure you can still access GH after each one, in case one of the addons was the culprit.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline redskull

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 00:09:59 »

If you can switch back to the previous profile, you can export your bookmarks and make al ist of the essential addons that you need.

Then switch back to the new profile and import the bookmarks.

When reinstalling the addons, do one at a time and make sure you can still access GH after each one, in case one of the addons was the culprit.

i've uninstalled everything. lulz. gonna start from scratch and follow your advice rowdy. :D

Offline Coreda

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 09:58:45 »
I remember very early on when I moved my Firefox profile from OSX to Windows I experienced some unexplainable problems. After much testing it turned out to be one of the config files had some issue with it (IIRC one of the .sqlite files in the root profile) and renaming it (thus forcing a fresh one to be auto created) fixed the problems. Could be something as simple as that, and unrelated to the addons (since you've tried safe mode already).

Offline tbc

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 18:22:41 »
firefox has a central repository of settings that VERY often do not get cleaned up when the addon that changed them is removed.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline redskull

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 22:33:44 »
^
i did a new and clean firefox installation. im more than happy about it since now my firefox is faster. seems that the old one got a lot of mess in its setting and slowed everything down.