Author Topic: [GB] SPACE65 (100% shipped, Completed)  (Read 237019 times)

Offline Anikiandy

Re: [GB] SPACE65 (Shipping in progress)
« Reply #400 on: Sun, 28 July 2019, 18:43:36 »
First build - How do you change the LED settings on the side of the board? (Color, type, etc.)
I couldn’t find the rgb control on the stock layout. I had to use qmk configurator to set the lighting control on the second layer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #401 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 11:53:39 »
I really hope we can get a fix for the brass plate :[

Offline fcnchuck

« Reply #402 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 09:20:26 »
Complete

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 15:46:34 »
Complete

Show Image

Thats beautiful! I can't build mine til we figure out a fix or replacement for these damn brass plates :(

Offline Anikiandy

« Reply #404 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 16:56:07 »
Complete

Show Image

Thats beautiful! I can't build mine til we figure out a fix or replacement for these damn brass plates :(
Do you have any pictures of your plate problem? After I ground mine it wasn’t perfect but I there isn’t a huge gap anymore

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #405 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 03:06:10 »
https://imgur.com/a/84heDwE

You can see the brass peeking thru. Also it doesn't feel as sturdy when picked up due to the gaps on both sides. It's kind of hard to explain but it definitely feels 'incomplete' when picking up and putting down.

Offline LDawgR6

« Reply #406 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 04:01:03 »
Here is my ill-fitting brass plate: https://imgur.com/a/q2SBD8i

I emailed Potter two weeks ago and have yet to receive a response.

Offline Anikiandy

« Reply #407 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 12:30:06 »

Mine looks the same. I haven’t checked the carbon plate yet. Do you know if it fits better or if you just can’t see it because it’s not shiny

Offline Taeha Types

• Subscribe to me :D
« Reply #408 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 14:11:30 »
223549-0223551-1223553-2223555-3223557-4

Offline LDawgR6

« Reply #409 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 15:00:27 »

Mine looks the same. I haven’t checked the carbon plate yet. Do you know if it fits better or if you just can’t see it because it’s not shiny

I installed the CF plate and it definitely fits better - there is no gap. Btw, the shine between the top and bottom is not from the brass plate but from light shining through. So if the CF plate did not fit well, you would also see light coming through.

Offline beekey

« Reply #410 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 01:36:53 »

Same problem here. Huge cap at the front between top on bottom case parts. Are there plans to fix these plates? Refund? At least in the current state they are not usable.

Offline LDawgR6

« Reply #411 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 03:53:21 »

Same problem here. Huge cap at the front between top on bottom case parts. Are there plans to fix these plates? Refund? At least in the current state they are not usable.

None that I am aware of. Ideally, these defective plates should be replaced.

Offline beekey

« Reply #412 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 05:15:29 »

+1

Offline HOBI3CAT

• FraktalKaps.com
    • Fraktal Kaps Website
« Reply #413 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 07:21:25 »
My brass plate fit fine... there was no gap when installed. However, when I put the brass badge on there, it created a tiny gap between the two halves of the board. Aluminum badge works fine. But if I don't put any badge on, it seals up tight all the way around with the brass plate.

Wondering if the manufacturer that did the plates had any kind of thickness quality control...
Eat, Sleep, Resin, Repeat.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #414 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 11:34:21 »

+1

+1

Offline Anikiandy

« Reply #415 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 12:58:37 »
My brass plate fit fine... there was no gap when installed. However, when I put the brass badge on there, it created a tiny gap between the two halves of the board. Aluminum badge works fine. But if I don't put any badge on, it seals up tight all the way around with the brass plate.

Wondering if the manufacturer that did the plates had any kind of thickness quality control...

I screwed the case together without the badge in and I still have a slight gap between the case in the middle. It’s probably about 0.3mm

Offline beekey

« Reply #416 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 05:51:30 »
The thickness of the brass plate varies between 1.5 and 1.9mm on some sides. The carbon plate is a constant 1.5mm.
My guess would be that the coating dried unevenly. Where the plates hanging while drying? (all guesses, don't know the process)

Offline Anikiandy

« Reply #417 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 18:09:17 »
The thickness of the brass plate varies between 1.5 and 1.9mm on some sides. The carbon plate is a constant 1.5mm.
My guess would be that the coating dried unevenly. Where the plates hanging while drying? (all guesses, don't know the process)

I also think the carbon is softer so it allows for some compression

Offline Anikiandy

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 04:04:07 »
Anyone make contact regarding the brass plate? Not sure if I should just chalk it up as a loss

Offline LDawgR6

« Reply #419 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 06:50:01 »
Anyone make contact regarding the brass plate? Not sure if I should just chalk it up as a loss

Nope. I emailed Potter about two+ weeks ago. Still no response. I'll follow up soon.

Offline cda555

« Reply #420 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 15:39:10 »
I'm new around here, but have a much longer history on Reddit.  If anyone wants to part with a Space65, I am looking. 

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #421 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 16:37:31 »

Nope. I emailed Potter about two+ weeks ago. Still no response. I'll follow up soon.

Thanks for keeping us posted mate :thumb:

Offline HOBI3CAT

• FraktalKaps.com
    • Fraktal Kaps Website
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 07:02:36 »

I also think the carbon is softer so it allows for some compression

Carbon fiber is not very compressible... I think it is just a proper thickness for the case design, and has the exact same thickness all over (as opposed to the brass which apparently varies).
Eat, Sleep, Resin, Repeat.

Offline konart

« Reply #423 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 01:17:50 »
At least you guys got your kits. Mine is still in China because DHL does not deliver individual orders in Russia and Potter stopped answering in WeChat a few days ago.

UPD: Got a responce from Potter with an EMS track number finally  :) Second attempt.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2019, 07:22:18 by konart »

Offline thornkin

« Reply #424 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 01:50:17 »
If anyone has a spare PCB they decided they don't need, let me know. I would be interested. My leds aren't working right.

Offline andfan

« Reply #425 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 07:05:53 »
Anyone want to sell?  :)

Offline beekey

« Reply #426 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 08:21:25 »
Complete

Show Image

Did you changed anything in the code for middle key in the split space layout to work? For me none of the pads in the middle trigger anything. :-(

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

« Reply #427 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 23:23:49 »
Complete too.

KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 23:59:12 »
Seems like us brass plate users are screwed  :-\

Offline LDawgR6

« Reply #429 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 01:21:10 »

I reached out to oldcat on discord today (he's a mod for the GrayStudio discord) and he said he will try to get a hold of Potter and let him know about this issue. Apparently, the best way to reach Potter is through WeChat. However, I can't even install it because it requires verification by a current wechat user and I do not know any. It really should not be this difficult to get in contact with someone running the groupbuy. If any of you guys with brass plate issues has access to WeChat, it would be super helpful if you could join Potter's group if you have not already done so and try to reach out to him that way. I have the QR code if anyone needs it.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #430 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 01:25:49 »

I reached out to oldcat on discord today (he's a mod for the GrayStudio discord) and he said he will try to get a hold of Potter and let him know about this issue. Apparently, the best way to reach Potter is through WeChat. However, I can't even install it because it requires verification by a current wechat user and I do not know any. It really should not be this difficult to get in contact with someone running the groupbuy. If any of you guys with brass plate issues has access to WeChat, it would be super helpful if you could join Potter's group if you have not already done so and try to reach out to him that way. I have the QR code if anyone needs it.
Just as a heads up, if you ask in the #space65 discord channel I'm sure there are people who can verify you.
The situation isn't ideal, but as Potter is a resident in China and thus has access issues due to the Great Firewall, WeChat is really the only communication service he can use without a lengthy process. Previously he was able to access Geekhack and Discord without too much issue, but it appears it has become harder.

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #431 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 20:07:58 »
Guys, I have a list of 14 after sales parts that have shipped on 8/1. Potter needs to repackage the remaining and will ship this coming week. Not sure I want to post the list of order numbers and tracking. I guess you can PM me your order number and I can see if you are on the shipped list.

Offline cda555

« Reply #432 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 14:16:49 »
Does anyone know the best way to try an buy a new PCB?  The side lights on mine don't work and I would like to get a new one.  I don't have access to the GB wechat. 

Offline thornkin

« Reply #433 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 02:16:00 »
Does anyone know the best way to try an buy a new PCB?  The side lights on mine don't work and I would like to get a new one.  I don't have access to the GB wechat.
Same problem here. They worked for the first day, then stopped.

Do you have all 3 front leds working?

Offline cda555

« Reply #434 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 10:46:46 »

Just the top light works.  All three side lights do not.  LEDs are pretty hardy, so I'm wondering if it's the connection. 

Offline cucgach

« Reply #435 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 10:57:12 »
My gray spacc:
  • Switch: Holy Yok Red - Krytox 104 thin lubed - 63.5gr SPRiT spring
  • Top gray, bot silver, brass badge
  • Carbon plate
  • Cherry stabilizer, clipped, bandaid modded
  • Keyset: Space Cadet
  • Artisan: The Apollo Moon (Dwarf Factory) - RetroTV Fly to the moon (JellyKey) - RetroTV Galaxy Teller (JellyKey) - RetroTV 2.25 limited edition (JellyKey)

More pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/slx2Q2d
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline thornkin

« Reply #436 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 10:57:29 »

Just the top light works.  All three side lights do not.  LEDs are pretty hardy, so I'm wondering if it's the connection.

That is exactly what I am seeing as well.  only 1 of the 6 lights is working.  I was thinking perhaps the LED went bad, but it is exceptionally unlikely that we would both have the same LED go out.  That means perhaps a weak connection?

Find me on discord if you want to try to solve this together.

Anyone else seeing this?

Laser ALT sporting red Sky Pandas

Offline cucgach

« Reply #437 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 11:00:38 »

That is exactly what I am seeing as well.  only 1 of the 6 lights is working.  I was thinking perhaps the LED went bad, but it is exceptionally unlikely that we would both have the same LED go out.  That means perhaps a weak connection?

Anyone else seeing this?

I would suggest to plug in USB 3.0 port and see if the leds all turn on, mine was on but so dim when connected to USB 2.0 although max out the brightness, then switch to 3.0 and it resolved. Hope this help.
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline cda555

« Reply #438 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 15:53:04 »

Anyone else seeing this?

I would suggest to plug in USB 3.0 port and see if the leds all turn on, mine was on but so dim when connected to USB 2.0 although max out the brightness, then switch to 3.0 and it resolved. Hope this help.

i will check when I get home.  Thank you for the advice. 

Offline cucgach

« Reply #439 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 09:27:18 »
You're welcome. Please give it a try. Maybe you can join the discord channel for better support: https://discord.gg/Z7DsfrZ

Offline Rucio

« Reply #440 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 18:26:17 »
Is there aby Chance for idk another GB

Offline cda555

« Reply #441 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 01:56:24 »
I feel like such a dork even posting this.  I bought a pre-built space65 and really like the way it is set up aside from the LED color.  Is there a way to change/program that aspect without altering the other mapping?

Offline Anikiandy

« Reply #442 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 02:15:04 »
I feel like such a dork even posting this.  I bought a pre-built space65 and really like the way it is set up aside from the LED color.  Is there a way to change/program that aspect without altering the other mapping?

I had to add the light control function to the second layer with qmk

Offline beekey

« Reply #443 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 06:39:21 »
Did anybody get an answer regarding the bad brass plates? So far I did not get a response via email or in this group.
Did anybody had any luck via Wechat?

Offline LDawgR6

« Reply #444 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 19:12:40 »
Did anybody get an answer regarding the bad brass plates? So far I did not get a response via email or in this group.

I was able to get into WeChat. He basically said sand it down yourself :rolleyes: Not the kind of answer I would have liked or expected. He's basically saying it is your problem now, you fix it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 August 2019, 19:56:25 by LDawgR6 »

Offline beekey

« Reply #445 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 02:45:33 »

I was able to get into WeChat. He basically said sand it down yourself :rolleyes: Not the kind of answer I would have liked or expected. He's basically saying it is your problem now, you fix it.
With this kind of attitude AIRPORTER should not be running GBs at all. He produced parts which do not work properly. Interestingly the shipping just happened after the Paypal protection runs out... I hope nobody runs into a AIRPORTER GB where for example the PCB does not work.

Sure I can now spend time to work on the plate, but this attitude pisses me off. Luckily the payment for shipping is not that long ago, so we might have some leverage to at least get a partial refund for the plate.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #446 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 09:53:49 »

With this kind of attitude AIRPORTER should not be running GBs at all. He produced parts which do not work properly. Interestingly the shipping just happened after the Paypal protection runs out... I hope nobody runs into a AIRPORTER GB where for example the PCB does not work.

Sure I can now spend time to work on the plate, but this attitude pisses me off. Luckily the payment for shipping is not that long ago, so we might have some leverage to at least get a partial refund for the plate.

Anyone else seeing this?

I'm sorry, but my VPN hasn't been working very well. But I've been dealing with after-sales issues.
My meail:871138172@qq.comn
You can send the invoice number(LIKE APY0057) and questions to my mailbox.
Because I don't know when VPN can't log in again. But I can see the mailbox.
And about Brass palte,

Just as a heads up, if you ask in the #space65 discord channel I'm sure there are people who can verify you.
The situation isn't ideal, but as Potter is a resident in China and thus has access issues due to the Great Firewall, WeChat is really the only communication service he can use without a lengthy process. Previously he was able to access Geekhack and Discord without too much issue, but it appears it has become harder.

I had to add the light control function to the second layer with qmk

I tested  polished some palte, It can be use,but not beautiful.
So if you don't want to grind  it(after all, it's my fault),You can give me feedback by email.

I need to count the numbers first, then make new brass palte.
Of course, you can choose to refund, but because it took more than six months, I couldn't get a refund to you. But you invoice directly to this mailbox.

Anyway I can assure you that I will handle it properly.

Finally, please record my mailbox again: 871138172@qq.com

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #447 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 09:55:28 »
My VPN is not very stable, so if you have any questions, please send them to my email, because sometimes I can't log in to geekhack or discord. I think after a while, after some things are over, maybe VPN is not so hard to log in.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #448 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 10:03:51 »
DEMOS email:934549555@qq.com
It can help solve many problems about PCB. You can send him an email if you have something to do.

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #449 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 10:04:19 »
Guys, potter has VPN issues but everything I have brought to him, I believe have been getting resolved. I am also a discord gray mod so feel free to dm me on discord to get a message to potter via WeChat.