Author Topic: Once and for all this PROVES you must get a Tenkeyless  (Read 4129 times)

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
Once and for all this PROVES you must get a Tenkeyless
« on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 17:57:39 »
Quote from: ripster;294160
NSFW language:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDOuG0lX8FA&t=1m0s to get to his "right hand postioning problem".

Or if you want to watch a minute of the StepMania intro.

USB 6KRO is fine for this game.   No Hysterical Hysteresis problems either if you jam the keys.

Source: Reddit?

I think he'd be more of a danger to society with a well-built mechanical...
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline bytemeavaj

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 17:57:55 »
this guy worries me.
I\'m a tool.

Offline audioave10

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 18:25:08 »
You have found another dumb kid full of energy drinks.
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline Nadger

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 18:32:57 »
i except local news to find this clip 4 years from now and talk bout the dangers of videogames and how they will drive your "children" to violence.
● Logitech ♦ G600
● Noppoo ♦ Choc Mini 茶轴
● Plum ♦ 96 White / Red Switch
● Microsoft ♦ Xbox 360 Windows Controller

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 18:36:18 »
The only thing that proved is, that guy needs to head down to ikea and get a bigger table top.

The biggest IKEA in the SEA region is right next door to me :} hehe...
"So long as we do not depend on the facts entirely, incomplete knowledge is better than complete ignorance."

:bounce:

Current gaming keyboard: Ducky DK-9008 with Cherry Beige/White doubleshots (Cherry Mx Brown)

For my 2nd pc: Cherry G80-1095 HAU Revision 00 (Cherry Mx Black)

Dye subbed keys harvested from NCR 3299-k440-v001 G80-3007 SAU. Casing donated to Mike.
[/FONT]

Free mechanical keyboard + other gear click here![/color]

Offline runeazn

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 18:40:45 »
lol initial D tune :P
Kami Ducky 1087 of Heaven

Offline Mercen_505

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 18:46:17 »
Huh, what?

Sorry, I was playing Postal 2.

Offline killy

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 18:54:48 »
Maybe you'll get a tenkeyless if you never science.

Offline sadbox

• life coaching since 1990
    • sadbox dot org
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 20:43:38 »
Quote from: nadger;294182
i except local news to find this clip 4 years from now and talk bout the dangers of tenkeys and how they will drive your "children" to violence.

corrected.
Work: Topre Realforce + CST L-Trac
Home: QFR (Blues, Blank Black PBT caps) + CST L-Trac-X

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 20:46:56 »
Is it just me, or does it seem like ripster has yellow fever? Every 5th post of his involves an asian girl in some way shape or form :p
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline bytemeavaj

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 12 February 2011, 20:49:46 »
Quote from: .XL;294234
Is it just me, or does it seem like ripster has yellow fever? Every 5th post of his involves an asian girl in some way shape or form :p

everyone has to have a preference!
I\'m a tool.

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 02:48:43 »
That's one aggressive gamer. If he had a Model M, the apartment would be in much worse condition.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline vicariouscheese

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 02:50:31 »
id like to know where the hell he lives that he didnt get kicked out for doing that to the wall...

although i guess there are some pretty trashed up college places

Offline Metalix

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 04:12:00 »
This video makes me giggle but seriously that guy needs a therapy...
The leopold FC200RT Brown

Offline Reaif

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 04:21:17 »
I am filled with deep sadness when I see people like that. I also feel sorry for any girl that gets duped into marrying that guy, or others like him.
Currently own:
Das S Ultimate with Browns
Cherry G84-4100 with ML Linear switches
Memorex Telex with NMB Space Invaders
Leopold with Blues

Offline godly_music

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 04:28:38 »
This proves you must not play mind-numbing stepping games if you want to ascend the human ladder.

Offline digitalleftovers

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 04:48:12 »
I still don't understand why he is blaming his monitor.  I could say that it is my monitors fault that it is not centered on my desk, or I could ask my monitor where it would like to sit, and then offer it a cookie for centering itself with the middle of my home row keys.
Keyboards:
Filco 104 MX Brown (Otaku) - FKBN104M/NPEK 黒い空
Ducky TKL MX Brown/Blue 80% (White) - 1087-F 白の空
KBC Poker MX Red with PBT Key Caps - PFCN6000

"Consumers use touch screens.  Producers use keyboards."

Offline runeazn

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 07:18:01 »
Kami Ducky 1087 of Heaven

Offline vicariouscheese

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 12:59:56 »
Quote from: digitalleftovers;294327
I still don't understand why he is blaming his monitor.  I could say that it is my monitors fault that it is not centered on my desk, or I could ask my monitor where it would like to sit, and then offer it a cookie for centering itself with the middle of my home row keys.

it could actually be that he's used to using a crt for stepmania, and the lowered refresh rate and fps affects his reading of fast arrows.

however, since he seems to be pretty dumb and have bashed that monitor into the wall for a significant amount of time, i'd put money down that this is not that case and he's just a computer illiterate person who's crappy computer skips every now and then with stepmania and he's blaming it on the monitor.

Offline bettablue

• Geeks with a Grudge. Gotta Love'em
    • All Things DOS
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 14:05:20 »
Quote from: ripster;294160
NSFW language:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDOuG0lX8FA&t=1m0s to get to his "right hand postioning problem".

Or if you want to watch a minute of the StepMania intro.

USB 6KRO is fine for this game.   No Hysterical Hysteresis problems either if you jam the keys.
"Now I need a new monitor!"  Seriously?  Ya think?  Personally, this kid needs help for anger management.  That; and drywall repair.  Having this kid around would ruin your property value.  Why blame the monitor for his inability to play a game well.  I don't see how having a tenkeyless would have made any difference.  But, then again, I'm not a heave gamer either.  The problem I saw seems to be that he didn't have enough room for the keyboard, front to back.  Having addional room on the side would not have made much difference.   Just my 2 cents.
Vintage Computer user, and collector, specializing in the IBM 5150 Personal Computer, the World\'s first REAL PC!
Keyboards - IBM Model M X 2, IBM AT X 2, IBM KB8923, Apple IIe, and Mac SE boards. 

-----------------IBM Think!---------------------

Offline bettablue

• All Things DOS
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 14:15:51 »
OMG!  These are soooo annoying!  If I played these games, I'd be in the local phych ward hearing these tunes in my brain.  BTW, the guy in the music video scares me.  I don't kno whether it's the speedos or he really lame dance moves.  The combination of the two is what frightens me though.  Some things just can't be unseen.  Aaaarrrrggghhhh!  ;-)
Vintage Computer user, and collector, specializing in the IBM 5150 Personal Computer, the World\'s first REAL PC!
Keyboards - IBM Model M X 2, IBM AT X 2, IBM KB8923, Apple IIe, and Mac SE boards. 

Offline Lanx

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 14:21:31 »
ddr on the keyboard, i don't get it. For one, unless your horribly disfigured you only got 2 legs so that's 2 points of contact, but this lets you have 4 points of contact at all times, that's like 100% cheating.
Pretty much like playing fps on pc vs fps on console, pc > console all day.

Offline bettablue

• All Things DOS
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 14:23:37 »
Quote from: ripster;294485
Having a Tenkeyless would have made him healthy, happy, and wise.

Once again, you Numpad guys are trying to blame the messenger, not the message.
On the contrary.  I wouldn't balme you.  I personally think it's funny.  I love how his wall is trashed and he blames his  monitor of all things.  I do believe his keyboard may have been more at fault.  Maybe it couldn't keep up with the key strokes and started binding, maybe his computer couldn't keep up, but that's never a good reason to take it out so physically.  I feel sorry for his parents.

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 14:26:22 »
Tenkeyless keyboards are like Jesus. They turn the water on your table to wine, bad players into legends and heal your anger management issues.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline killy

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 14:28:29 »
With the way he's smashing his keys ...

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 14:41:45 »
More is ress? isn't it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 15:54:36 »
Quote from: bettablue;294481
Why blame the monitor for his inability to play a game well.

Because this is an absolutely true statement and one of the reasons why many people don't play as good as they used to or can't play as good as they can. Your monitor is one of, if not the most important input/output device on the computer.

There's a reason why CRT monitors are still superior to LCDs for gaming. Input lag is the first reason and sure the article is from 2006 but most on the market LCDs still have input lag.

Response time is another while most LCDs do have 2-8 millisecond for GtG, WtW, BtB for other colors and shades of colors can vary almost over 150ms, there's a reason why they advertise the G-W-B shifts which is ironic cause LCDs can never display true blacks. CRTs even the cheapest crappiest out there are still magnitudes faster. Depending on the quality of the CRT and material they are usually one to two magnitudes faster i.e. microsecond to nanosecond. Plus to add to that the entire LCD technology works on the principle of a sample-and-hold, which introduces blurring and smearing which holds the frame still till the next refresh unlike a CRT that goes through the process of phosphor decay, which itself does introduce negatives but inherent in what a CRT uses for displaying images(phosphors). So with an LCD if your other colors for example are an average of 40-80ms then 16.68ms+40-80+ the little extra from the sample-and-hold+ monitor input lag, and you can be looking at over 100ms delay(smearing, blurring, and lag) before the next frame arrives.

And finally aside from picture quality of higher end in particular aperture grille CRT monitors which depending on the CRT is superior to that of the different LCD panel types. Is refresh rate unless he was using a 120hz LCD monitor which is 80-85% as good as a CRT(mostly lacking in terms of PQ, black levels, resolution, refresh rates), though it might not be so good for those music games as you want more vertical height i.e. 1920x1200 not 1920x1080. Then he is using that LCD at 60hz and receiving a new frame every 16.68ms+input lag(if it's there)+response time. For a long time and even now(with 120hz LCDs) CRTs still provide much more refresh rates in some cases being pushed to over 200hz or more.

Back in the late 90s and early 2000s when people were changing from CRT to LCD either thinking they were superior or because their high-end CRTs were dying and they couldn't find a new one. Some people out there had been gaming at such high refreshrates we are talking over 130hz etc.etc. in the case of one person's post I ran into saying he normally played at 144hz-150hz. When he used an LCD monitor he said it was like a slideshow it literally made him stop playing games because LCDs just couldn't keep up. Ironically even in cases were people used high refresh rate cause their friends did the same thing and they couldn't tell the difference, they too noticed just how slow LCDs were. Most of the posts did come from quake players but even in slower-paced FPS games the differences were very detrimental for those that changed.

Some can and some can't notice the difference, in the case of another post that I ran into of a person who played at a similar refresh rate range but also pushed it for other games to 180hz mentioned being able to guesstimate refresh rates just by looking at them even on the desktop.

Either way the person in the video may be playing the game correctly and as best he could. But how can he play at his best and or better if the display he is using does not provide enough information for him to react to.

(I'm not gonna mention frames per second despite the fact that, that is very important because I'm guessing those music games are super easy to run and even a low-quality computer could achieve hundreds of frames per second in the game.)
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 February 2011, 16:03:42 by Arc'xer »

Offline 3one5

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 19:07:44 »
It's a freakin Acer monitor.  What exactly was he expecting out of it?  It's like being pissed off that your Honda Civic isn't performing like a Corvette.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 20:18:45 »
I drove a Civic in high school. Good car overall except it shook on the highway and got stuck in the snow once (very light car). Great on gas mileage.

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 14 February 2011, 09:54:33 »
I wanna know what monitor that is, cause even if it did eventually break in the video, it seems like it was able to take a ton of abuse.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

PUNCH THE KEYS FOR GOD\'S SAKE!

Offline bettablue

• All Things DOS
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 00:12:55 »
He said it was an Acer in the vid.

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 16 February 2011, 15:31:44 »
Yeah! If anything that video is an advertisement for Acer. He smashed a gigantic hole in his drywall with that thing before it broke. Man, if he had a Filco Tenkeyless with Cherry Reds swapped in he'd probably be flown around the world in a private jet to star in Stepmania commericals.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104