Author Topic: Granite unboxing and sorting.  (Read 3517 times)

Offline scubaste

Granite unboxing and sorting.
« on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:52:22 »
Purchased on August 25th through Massdrop, received on December 2nd. I'd like to take some better shots in the future, but I wanted to catalog the unboxing/sorting for now.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Granite unboxing and sorting.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:56:00 »
Loving that sixth shot.  How's the quality on yours?  Been following the Granite R2 IC thread and seems like there are some issues. :(

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:58:36 »
Incredible pictures Scubaste.  We have some really talented photographers on this forum.  Hope you enjoy the set, it looks perfect with a white case.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline scubaste

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 17:57:06 »
Loving that sixth shot.  How's the quality on yours?  Been following the Granite R2 IC thread and seems like there are some issues. :(
Honestly all of these seemed to be exactly what you would hope for from SP DSA. Much less noticeable sprue marks on most of my Granite when compared the DSA blanks that I previously purchased from SP. And the legends are crisp, no complaints here really.

Incredible pictures Scubaste.  We have some really talented photographers on this forum.  Hope you enjoy the set, it looks perfect with a white case.

Thanks a ton for the compliments! I'm enjoying having a light colored keyboard around, definitely a change in scenery for me.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 18:00:47 »
Great pics :)

Now I know I'm not the only one that unboxes them bit by bit.

How do people spend the time to align the keycaps so perfectly on the layout sheet?  Mine are generally all over the place :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline scubaste

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 19:34:29 »
Great pics :)

Now I know I'm not the only one that unboxes them bit by bit.

How do people spend the time to align the keycaps so perfectly on the layout sheet?  Mine are generally all over the place :eek:

Haha yeah the sorting is a bit of a pain, luckily I had a little help. Its a relief when everything is there, plus good time for some photos.  :))

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 20:14:04 »
You're a great photographer but DSA burns my eyes so bad
It's just so...flat.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825