Author Topic: [HELP] American manufacturers for keyboards. I’m starting a buisness  (Read 7369 times)

Offline Glory Lion

I am looking for some American keyboard manufacturers to create a new brand of keyboards. Trying to get a business off the ground and this is literally ground zero.. please drop any info you have, topics or projects in geekhack, or any crumbs that can eventually lead me to the right rocks to look under.

Thank you
Regards
-robert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline OtherAndrew

bruh

Offline Glory Lion

bruh

Lol is there a better way to do this?

Offline hayt

• * Maker
give emachineshop a try

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
you're gonna get a lot of meme responses because this has historically gone poorly

the saying is that there's no money in keyboards
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Vigrith

the saying is that there's no money in keyboards

tfw all the self-proclaimed full-time artisan makers and random successful keyboard people in general

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
I've been in contact with DS International in the past, they might be able to help you. http://www.dsi-usa.com/
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline nguyenhimself

bruh

Lol is there a better way to do this?

We don't know you.
You currently have nothing.
You offer us nothing.
You ask us to send you business ideas and opportunities for free.
So that you, not us, could make money.
So yeah,
Seriously bruh

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Murica' :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline sam278

Why the hell is this on Interest Check page?

Offline eas

Re: [HELP] American manufacturers for keyboards. I’m starting a buisness
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 00:24:11 »
There are "Great" Keyboards on GitHub. Start learning.

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 09:53:46 »
We don't know you.
You currently have nothing.
You offer us nothing.
You ask us to send you business ideas and opportunities for free.
So that you, not us, could make money.

that's some people's business model and it worked out pretty well for some here... :D

not the first time I hear "send me your switch plate designs, I sell them to you for $50 from a manu someone else gave me earlier"
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 June 2019, 09:56:06 by homerowco »

Offline duckboi

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 12:13:43 »
Generally I'd like to think this is a community first, so when someone with zero community presence asks "hey i wanna make money off of you, tell me how to do it," it probably is not going to be perceived very well.
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 19:55:24 »
Quote from: Anonymous Coward circa 2011:

I feel ashamed when I see a grown up man say things like "…. a sharp drop at the actuation point at around 2/3 - 3/4 way down the ...."

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than yammering away on the minute details of a keyboard? I have both an M and an F that I picked up at goodwill for nothing 15 years ago and for the first time yesterday I googled about them and found 'enthusiast' (here an euphemism for retarded) websites where idiots bounce off the walls telling each other about the orgasms per second they have when using them.

And 'using' is an overstatement with 90% of those morons. Most are busy opening them, cleaning the last atom of dirt off them, 'restoring' what doesn't need any restoration, 'upgrading', thinking of names for them, 'modding', taking photos, showing them off, in general jerking off about the clicky sensations and the superb accuracy of their typing and other general uber-dorkiness. What I never found there was anything useful to do with them, ie. actually program a computer.

Go type 'messenger lectures' in youtube and see what smart people look like, then kill yourself disassembling your One True Keyboard (TM) for the nth time and swallowing all the buckling springs.

And then mail one of your remaining model Fs to me.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 10:29:57 »
Quote from: Anonymous Coward circa 2011:

I feel ashamed when I see a grown up man say things like "…. a sharp drop at the actuation point at around 2/3 - 3/4 way down the ...."

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than yammering away on the minute details of a keyboard? I have both an M and an F that I picked up at goodwill for nothing 15 years ago and for the first time yesterday I googled about them and found 'enthusiast' (here an euphemism for retarded) websites where idiots bounce off the walls telling each other about the orgasms per second they have when using them.

And 'using' is an overstatement with 90% of those morons. Most are busy opening them, cleaning the last atom of dirt off them, 'restoring' what doesn't need any restoration, 'upgrading', thinking of names for them, 'modding', taking photos, showing them off, in general jerking off about the clicky sensations and the superb accuracy of their typing and other general uber-dorkiness. What I never found there was anything useful to do with them, ie. actually program a computer.

Go type 'messenger lectures' in youtube and see what smart people look like, then kill yourself disassembling your One True Keyboard (TM) for the nth time and swallowing all the buckling springs.

And then mail one of your remaining model Fs to me.

→ r/IAmVerySmart

Offline Glory Lion

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 10:33:54 »
Generally I'd like to think this is a community first, so when someone with zero community presence asks "hey i wanna make money off of you, tell me how to do it," it probably is not going to be perceived very well.
My bad didn’t think of it like that, yeah honestly I just been re-reading and thinking over and I just want to delete this, cringing so hard at myself rn, this site is amazing and I feel like I’m disrespecting it with the angle I came in at. Definitely have love for this community and want to learn a lot more about all of the parts and process and pass it onto others