Author Topic: Checkout Issue With PayPal  (Read 19958 times)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Checkout Issue With PayPal
« on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 10:46:55 »
I use the PayPal Authenticator and with the current PayPal checkout form, I'm unable to log in. I've used Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers and had the same experience.

If I wait for the token to expire, PayPal will provide me with a different login page, which does work. Otherwise, I enter in my password and the page reloads asking for the password over-and-over. Thankfully, I discovered a work around and was able to successfully log into PayPal, but it was very frustrating to say the least.

Don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this issue, but I wanted to at least make you aware of it.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Checkout Issue With PayPal
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 11:05:14 »
I've found if you let the token expire, you have trouble logging in. If you're trying to buy something from a site, do it all at once. If it stops working, removing the cookies for paypal and the site you're trying to buy from seems to work for me.

Offline animaliaparadoxa

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 21:08:11 »
I'm not having the login issue but a recurring issue with checkout where I cant specify different billing and shipping addresses without SP telling me my city/state/zip mismatch. It's all lies as I've had PMK/SP ship to this address in the past. Amazon, Ebay and everyone else recognises it as a valid address.  :blank:

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 21:14:05 »
Nice necro  ;D.

i think my state resets to Alaska every time I order, so I have to make sure my state is re-set every time I checkout

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 10:57:02 »
i think my state resets to Alaska every time I order, so I have to make sure my state is re-set every time I checkout

Mine does too. It's maddening that the drop down javascript for the State interferes with recalling the data that they have in their database.

An Update On OP
I continue to have issues with the check out login that I mentioned in the OP. I think it's an issue with PayPal and not with PMK, because even logging directly into PayPal.com is now janky. The first login generates and error, second takes me to a page saying they need more information which then prompts me for the code. My guess is that this special page isn't being provided to PMK.

My Workaround
1. Log into PayPal
2. Immediately log into PMK
3. Checkout from the shopping cart
4. Success!

Offline engicoder

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 11:00:36 »

Mine does too. It's maddening that the drop down javascript for the State interferes with recalling the data that they have in their database.

An Update On OP
I continue to have issues with the check out login that I mentioned in the OP. I think it's an issue with PayPal and not with PMK, because even logging directly into PayPal.com is now janky. The first login generates and error, second takes me to a page saying they need more information which then prompts me for the code. My guess is that this special page isn't being provided to PMK.

My Workaround
1. Log into PayPal
2. Immediately log into PMK
3. Checkout from the shopping cart
4. Success!

I have this problem too, so I have been using the method you detailed for all my PayPal transactions. Always log into PayPal first on the PayPal site, then checkout on the site your purchasing from.