Author Topic: [IC] ORI 87 by ORI.CLUB // CUSTOM GASKET // PROTOTYPE V3 ARRIVED!!  (Read 111699 times)

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
Re: [IC] ORI 87 by ORI.CLUB | GASKET | update image prototype !
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 02:54:36 »
If I open GB ORI just due to money or scam or something else, I don’t have to use my true account? I can stand under another’s name, is it much more easier?

Plus for this tbh.
If he wanted to scam people he could have just created a new account and not mention that he designed the MAB at all. But he did.

And if he really just designed the MAB and was not involved in the rest of the GB process then it's fine I guess.

Also the prototypes look fire. I like :)

Offline LordOwen

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 03:21:36 »
If I open GB ORI just due to money or scam or something else, I don’t have to use my true account? I can stand under another’s name, is it much more easier?

Plus for this tbh.
If he wanted to scam people he could have just created a new account and not mention that he designed the MAB at all. But he did.

And if he really just designed the MAB and was not involved in the rest of the GB process then it's fine I guess.

This is an excellent point. If he were trying to scam everyone involved, why not use a different identity? An even better question, why try to limit the size of the GB? Wouldn't it be much easier to steal more money by not limiting it to ten spots?

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 03:22:07 »

Plus for this tbh.

Agreed

Offline aodaliya1234

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 04:03:22 »
hmm, either risk money on a fire design. or hold money and spend it on another design thats fire that will come later on.. its not like this board is the end all be all of all well designed/innovativley designed TKLs......

Offline rafamundez

« Reply #204 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 04:45:08 »
hmm, either risk money on a fire design. or hold money and spend it on another design thats fire that will come later on.. its not like this board is the end all be all of all well designed/innovativley designed TKLs......

100% agreed. On top of this.. OP seems very defensive to a fault. I feel like the correct move that would have reassured me is to accept some sort of blame and provide a more detailed explanation on how he appealed money transfer/filed police report/etc. or anything. PayPal is pretty solid if you demonstrate or show evidence. Whenever you are a team and something goes horribly wrong, every member is accountable.

All-in-all, very pretty designs but is it worth the risk based on the information we have? I'd say no.  Would like to see a mod step in here and help protect the community for people taking this risk. What they should do... I'm not sure.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 05:05:25 »
It is a difficult situation.  If the designer was trying to scam, this would be a bad attempt at it.  That said there obviously was something very wrong with the last GB that he was involved in.  Everyone can make mistakes and everyone can get things wrong.  I appreciate more than most that the  MODs will feel the pressure to protect their members.  In the end we are going to have to make up our own minds as to how to proceed.  The intricate design alone would not lead me to believe that this was an elaborate con.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline LordOwen

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 05:17:47 »
The more updates and information we get, the more confident I feel that my trust is being put into the right place, and hope others feel the same.

Offline cptbubbles

« Reply #207 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 05:54:01 »
Interesting to see drama unfolding. I don't really have an opinion on OP's credibility (both sides seem to have a point) but I do have a problem with the Rising Sun being used for the bottom design. It's distasteful, same way using a modified version of a swastika on a keyboard design would be.

Offline dhung97

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 06:03:51 »
To be honest, firstly, I’m an active member on Vietnam Keyboard Enthusiasts a.k.a VNMK or VKG if you guys haven’t know before but accidentally I do not joy GH so much. Secondly, I don’t have any relationship or connection with this guy so I don’t want to state the obvious that me and this person are nothing. But this time, due to many incorrect assertions and mistrusts here, I have to deeply observe and find out the truth story behind for a undeniable explanation. If you have a doubt having confidence in my sentences, just ignore it because they just words from a local user who can find more and more informations by contacting then keep believing in an un-known foreigner. Putting MAB aside, they already turned out to be a new team with their own CNC’s manufacturing and designers both in PCB and keyboard, I can sure that this is an individual who are effortlessly speaking the truth. In conclusion, hoping people totally trust the story he told is impossible but moneys are in your hands, your decision is an individually decision. In my opinion, I’m totally going to splurge on this design and indulge myself protecting my compatriot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #209 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 06:28:26 »
So I've read the Old 60S thread and this one and from what I can tell all we have on the guy running this GB is that he helped design a board that failed and promoted that board on his social media (as you do). I'm not quite sure how that links him to the ****ery concerning the finances and manufacturing of the old board. The guy transfered funds but that was about it. For a 10 unit GB the design process has been perfectly transparent so far with anodized protos already being presented. I personally don't think the old thread or any of the "evidence" presented really implicates this person as a scammer. I would be interested in hearing about the other points of view here though since most of the criticism so far has come in the form of big red text and a facebook screenshot.

Offline PureLuck

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 06:43:44 »
I guess at the end of the day, its your money and your choice on how you spend your money.

Like the design regardless?  Go for it. Anyways its only a 15 count group buy and i believe most discerning buyers should have already seen the drama.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2020, 06:57:45 by PureLuck »

Offline LordOwen

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 06:46:37 »
So I've read the Old 60S thread and this one and from what I can tell all we have on the guy running this GB is that he helped design a board that failed and promoted that board on his social media (as you do). I'm not quite sure how that links him to the ****ery concerning the finances and manufacturing of the old board. The guy transfered funds but that was about it. For a 10 unit GB the design process has been perfectly transparent so far with anodized protos already being presented. I personally don't think the old thread or any of the "evidence" presented really implicates this person as a scammer. I would be interested in hearing about the other points of view here though since most of the criticism so far has come in the form of big red text and a facebook screenshot.

Yeah, aside from a screenshot of his personal social media promoting a project he's been working on (which is completely normal) and an old thread from a project that turned into a cluster (his involvement in which he's come clear about thus far), there's nothing here that one would really be able to use as some kind of proof he's a scam artist.

If the chance comes up, I'm going to roll the dice, take my chances, and hope for the best. I hope others do, as well.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 07:05:23 »
Interesting to see drama unfolding. I don't really have an opinion on OP's credibility (both sides seem to have a point) but I do have a problem with the Rising Sun being used for the bottom design. It's distasteful, same way using a modified version of a swastika on a keyboard design would be.
To be fair it isn't identical to the actual rising sun iconography. So what, were never allowed put a sun rise on a Japanese themed board? I think it's a pretty far stretch, unless you can link to an instance where a similar style was used in propoganda or affiliation with the WWII regime?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline cptbubbles

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 07:22:02 »
To be fair it isn't identical to the actual rising sun iconography. So what, were never allowed put a sun rise on a Japanese themed board? I think it's a pretty far stretch, unless you can link to an instance where a similar style was used in propoganda or affiliation with the WWII regime?

It's not identical, but there's obvious reference to the iconography—hence my comparison to a 'modified' swastika.
One of the few places you would see that flag flown publicly these days is Japanese right-wing extremist protests—more specifically hate groups like Zaitokukai.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 07:27:40 »

It's not identical, but there's obvious reference to the iconography—hence my comparison to a 'modified' swastika.
One of the few places you would see that flag flown publicly these days is Japanese right-wing extremist protests—more specifically hate groups like Zaitokukai.
I'll def take a look and see what's there. But I mean it's a sunrise. The swastika really only has one identity outside being a religious symbol rarely used in modern times. I'm not saying it's not wrong, just feel like it's more of a stretch. Sunrises mean a lot of different things for many people, the swastika clearly has one major symbolic representation.

I think if the rays were 360 degrees and widened at the ends, and the sun wasn't portioned, it'd be a lot more condemning. I mean the Japanese national flag is still a big red orb, so paying homage to that doesn't necessarily imply imperialistic Japan to me personally. But I can understand how some see it that way.

Offline logo4poop

• Talk to me on discord @logoooo
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 08:12:40 »

Dear all,
I create this topic to explain all problems. First, wading back to the time of MAB, MAB consists of 3 members: Tuan Anh, Vu and me.
I was invited into the team as a designer. Vu (make pcb) joined the team later only when beginning opening GB R96.
It is the fact that my role is only to design, Vu’s is to make pcb and Tuan Anh is totally in charge of machining.
The cash flow of MAB was set: Paypal (mine) -> currency conversion -> give Tuan Anh to pay for machining factory.
I GAVE ALL THE MONEY RECEIVED TO TUAN ANH with a promise of 10% GB but never ever happened.
And I never ever receive any money of R96, 60S, rose.
Matter arising when finishing anodizing R96, some of pieces was failed and had to remake. During that time, Tuan Anh on his own sold R96 for others (even though who hadn’t follow GB)
It resulted in short of goods and money is only Tuan Anh knew.
Then, opening new GB of 60S to make up for R96 loss.
(Even at this time, I didn’t receive any money as salary or commission)
My paypal now is claim up to -3700$ but contacting Tuan Anh just receive nothing.
After 60S, I left MAB (If still called a team) because I didn’t agree with that working way. And I have worked in another field for a long time and didn’t think about making keyboard anymore.
I want to make clear that I never ever received any money of any GB of MAB and have no idea of cash flow at that time.
About ORI, I have done 2 prototypes and nearly get 1 more to make sure about the quality.
 ORI is my design and LOKA is manufacturer. In addition, LOKA and I signed legal contract.
I have talked all what related to me above. I lost money, lost reputation, lost time. For the time beings, even in difficulty I didn’t bring this story to get the community’s tear. But this time, everything goes too far, when some people don’t consider or maybe hate me and try to ruin me.
Now, it does not influence only me but also LOKA that support me very well.
In conclusion, this is my first as well as my last time to make an explanation about MAB and me. Everything is true or not, many people know.
This does not explain why it just shipped in Vietnam or why when the moderators tried to contact you to help, and you declined. There is a reason you were banned, even my post got on VMG with people saying I was right. Also why should someone who uses K3KC as a photographer be trusted. From what I have heard from friends, you ****ted on the Vietnamese community and hurt their community. I will try to get more information, but that's what I can think about right now.
LCK75 so lit

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #216 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 08:22:30 »
Thanks for clearing this out and saving my money. I am out of this :)

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 08:26:30 »
Thanks for clearing this out and saving my money. I am out of this :)
Thank you for trusting me haha  :)
LCK75 so lit

Offline BruceDinh

• Explorer | Artist | Petrolhead
    • ORI CLUB
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 08:26:52 »
I did not mention everything to prove that I am not wrong.  During the R96 / 60S, the owner of MAB sold the product on their own initiative without telling me.  That is why the product is shipped in Vietnam.  It was natural for me to have a non-cooperative attitude towards the community at the time, because I had to keep my team private and protected.
I was very wrong and immature to conceal it, but at the time, I still thought I could revive everything if the GB 60s went smoothly.
But in the end, if I wanted to swear at me about MAB, I agreed.  But don't drag Ori in because it's irrelevant, and even because your current post I can't deal a good price on the Ori keyboard.  Only 10-15 slots you have to understand is very difficult to be able to get sponsors ready to produce for me with high quality.

If you prove I've been involved with the Scam team, then you've succeeded.  And even more successful now that no one in the local market wants to receive my design anymore, congratulations.

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 08:30:28 »
I did not mention everything to prove that I am not wrong.  During the R96 / 60S, the owner of MAB sold the product on their own initiative without telling me.  That is why the product is shipped in Vietnam.  It was natural for me to have a non-cooperative attitude towards the community at the time, because I had to keep my team private and protected.
I was very wrong and immature to conceal it, but at the time, I still thought I could revive everything if the GB 60s went smoothly.
But in the end, if I wanted to swear at me about MAB, I agreed.  But don't drag Ori in because it's irrelevant, and even because your current post I can't deal a good price on the Ori keyboard.  Only 10-15 slots you have to understand is very difficult to be able to get sponsors ready to produce for me with high quality.

If you prove I've been involved with the Scam team, then you've succeeded.  And even more successful now that no one in the local market wants to receive my design anymore, congratulations.
Could you at least focus on shipping your last project? All you are doing is shifting the blame on someone else.
LCK75 so lit

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #220 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 08:32:01 »
but blame who ? The last project i work in MAB is 60S

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 08:35:27 »
You are saying the rest of the team messed up and not you, but in fact you all did. Also you had a period when you didn't respond to the MAB buyers for about two years. If you are saying I don't have proof, where is yours?
LCK75 so lit

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:04:25 »
You are saying the rest of the team messed up and not you, but in fact you all did. Also you had a period when you didn't respond to the MAB buyers for about two years. If you are saying I don't have proof, where is yours?

Why do you keep claiming that I do all that, I had a topic in VKG (my local community) today, and of course a lot of people know me, understand and understand me. . But why do you have to keep talking until I accept all the sins that I never did.
I didn't answer the MAB buyer because I left MAB and got a new job.
And of course I have no evidence but my words, do I collect evidence and wait two years to release it?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:05:01 »
I have to agree, some internal team communications showing your displeasure, anger, or effort to right things would go a long way at this point. Otherwise it's just your proven association with failed and false GBs and lack of transparency VS your word. Clearly there must be emails or chats with the MAB team discussing this. I know you want to "protect" them, but if what your saying is true, they basically screwed you permanently.

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #224 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:05:36 »
I'm slightly confused here about whos job it was to communicate updates to the public. If it is true that the GB runner for this project was only working as a designer on the 60S why would he be involved in any of the stuff that went south? ( Communication, production etc.)  It seems to me that you are holding him responsible for all the things that went wrong eventhough those weren't the areas he was working in. From what I can tell there weren't any problems with the design. And how could he have communicated updates about the manufacturing process if he himself couldn't reach the person in charge?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #225 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:09:02 »
Just to clarify. When you talk about him being banned, and lack of communication, are you talking about on GH, and was he the main person involved in communication for the GB?

I'm not sure if it's just translating to English but you use a lot of "you" seeming to imply that he was the sole person responsible for all these things your blaming him for. But if the GB wasn't actually communicated by him I'm not sure the blame of lack of communication falls on him personally.

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #226 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:10:10 »
I'm slightly confused here about whos job it was to communicate updates to the public. If it is true that the GB runner for this project was only working as a designer on the 60S why would he be involved in any of the stuff that went south? ( Communication, production etc.)  It seems to me that you are holding him responsible for all the things that went wrong eventhough those weren't the areas he was working in. From what I can tell there weren't any problems with the design. And how could he have communicated updates about the manufacturing process if he himself couldn't reach the person in charge?

We have a small workshop and work there. That's why, almost as an announcement I follow the leader's instructions.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #227 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:10:36 »

Let's see.

• Period of no contact for around 2 years
  • Coming back as a completely new profile and hiding the only explanation in a show more section tucked in between a few things
  • K3KC as a photographer

These kinds of things really don't instill confidence. Even if this is as you're explaining, and maybe you aren't at fault, shouldn't you have come back and explained that in the 60s thread here? Maybe not just leave people hanging after randomly popping into a thread that you abandoned 2 separate times?

Plus, last time you blamed delays on low order numbers and a negative paypal balance. Won't both of those be a problem here considering you're ordering 10-15 units, and have already said something about a negative paypal balance?

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #228 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:12:38 »
He could at least respond to buyers saying he left the project and what he is going to do to have their money back. Though.
LCK75 so lit

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:14:37 »
Just to clarify. When you talk about him being banned, and lack of communication, are you talking about on GH, and was he the main person involved in communication for the GB?

I'm not sure if it's just translating to English but you use a lot of "you" seeming to imply that he was the sole person responsible for all these things your blaming him for. But if the GB wasn't actually communicated by him I'm not sure the blame of lack of communication falls on him personally.

He was the main communicator and designer. He did all PR for the MAB brand.
LCK75 so lit

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:20:45 »
He could at least respond to buyers saying he left the project and what he is going to do to have their money back. Though.

In 60s thread he mentions multiple times that he had communication with the factory as well. I thought maybe it was another member of their team or something, but he mentioned in the same comment mentioning factory scheduling his personal email, "maylilyrt@hotmail.com"

Again not claiming one way or another, but kinda sus tbqh

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:24:29 »

So what ur saying is that "Maylily" and "BruceDinh" are the same person? And if so how do u get to that conclusion?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:25:53 »
I mean he definitely shouldn't go back and say he'll get there money back if he simply can't get their money back. Apparently the cost is sunk. He can't just materialize cash. He can run this GB and try to pay them back with the profits, but the design and cost he's expecting it won't be nearly enough to actually pay them.

Not saying any of this excuses whatever role he had. But I'd rather take silence then promises of refunds which simply won't appear.

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:26:32 »

So what ur saying is that "Maylily" and "BruceDinh" are the same person? And if so how do u get to that conclusion?
Even he said he was lol.
LCK75 so lit

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #234 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:27:09 »
I mean he definitely shouldn't go back and say he'll get there money back if he simply can't get their money back. Apparently the cost is sunk. He can't just materialize cash. He can run this GB and try to pay them back with the profits, but the design and cost he's expecting it won't be nearly enough to actually pay them.

Not saying any of this excuses whatever role he had. But I'd rather take silence then promises of refunds which simply won't appear.

He could have used the money from the protos to at least refund a few people.
LCK75 so lit

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:32:04 »

Sure. And then what about the others. And claims of favoritism. And resentment in the community. Etc. I don't know. It's just not as easy to do. If refunds are given, a lump total sum to all is best. And again, if it's not completely his fault, it's an unfair financial burden to lay at one person in a teams feet.

That said maybe his reputation is just done for at this point and it's time for a new hobby. Lol.

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:32:52 »

Even he said he was lol.

Didn't see that post, just trying to wrap my head around this whole thing. Still not sure what the other 2 people were doing in that GB since you seem to put most if not all the responsiblity on him.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #237 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:33:39 »
All I know is if someone on my team had wasted away all the funding and provided product to others who weren't first in line, I would have immediately quit the team and blasted them across the web. Would have been the best way to save face for sure.

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #238 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:35:12 »

Sure. And then what about the others. And claims of favoritism. And resentment in the community. Etc. I don't know. It's just not as easy to do. If refunds are given, a lump total sum to all is best. And again, if it's not completely his fault, it's an unfair financial burden to lay at one person in a teams feet.

That said maybe his reputation is just done for at this point and it's time for a new hobby. Lol.

Yeah, I could see that. I think it was a poor idea for him to run it if they don't have the capital to do refunds anyways.
LCK75 so lit

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:37:41 »

Had there been reasonable communication in 2018 from the OP, he'd most likely be in an OK position and we'd likely not be having this conversation. He should have updated users here when he knew things were going south, not coming back 2 years later and passing the buck when he wants to make a new board.

edit: just saw your new post, we seem to agree then haha.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #240 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:38:03 »

Yeah, I could see that. I think it was a poor idea for him to run it if they don't have the capital to do refunds anyways.
Yeah. Definitely agree there. And he may have "learned" if he's limiting the Ori to a number he could financially cover. But I'm confident a lot of private group buys ran on GH wouldn't survive refunding a total loss. Luckily the worst case is usually just long delays.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:39:46 »

Yeah. Definitely agree there. And he may have "learned" if he's limiting the Ori to a number he could financially cover. But I'm confident a lot of private group buys ran on GH wouldn't survive refunding a total loss. Luckily the worst case is usually just long delays.

I'll repeat my point that one of his main reasonings behind delays previously were the low order numbers, so that doesnt support him well imo.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #242 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:40:59 »

Had there been reasonable communication in 2018 from the OP, he'd most likely be in an OK position and we'd likely not be having this conversation. He should have updated users here when he knew things were going south, not coming back 2 years later and passing the buck when he wants to make a new board.
Yeah. No. Def a bad way to do things for sure. Just wish I had a better picture of what his actual involvement was. Or how much influence he had. Probably things we'll never get answered. I mean it wouldn't be the first time a team has coerced it's members into thinking the best course of action is complete radio silence. Def not the first time it's happened here on GH. Haha.

But yeah. Unfortunate. The design is pretty cool. But I doubt there will ever be a definitive answer. And in the current state it's not like the 15 won't sell anyway.

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #243 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:41:54 »
Also since no one brought this up yet, MAB had someone else make artisans for them and from what I heard did not pay the requested amount.
LCK75 so lit

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:42:03 »

I'll repeat my point that one of his main reasonings behind delays previously were the low order numbers, so that doesnt support him well imo.
That to me just screams poor pricing. Clearly they expected to hit a moq they just didn't. And instead of canceling, assumes they could find a new vendor or solution that could do it for the price they wanted. Def a bad move.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:43:03 »
Also since no one brought this up yet, MAB had someone else make artisans for them and from what I heard did not pay the requested amount.
Haha. Sounds about right. Next we'll find out there's a dog fighting ring under their office building. lol

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #246 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:43:32 »
Haha. Sounds about right. Next we'll find out there's a dog fighting ring under their office building. lol

Probably cats.
LCK75 so lit

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #247 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:43:57 »

Wouldnt surprise me.

Their explanation was that the artisan "Suddenly left them" lol

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #248 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:44:36 »

Wouldnt surprise me.

Their explanation was that the artisan "Suddenly left them" lol
The runaway keycap! Quick go catch it!
LCK75 so lit

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #249 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:53:00 »
Dam what a **** show this has become. I read the other GB thread, is that other OP the same as this OP? It's such a nice design, I'm sad to see it go like this...