Author Topic: Keycap pullers (feng's MKC, sherryton's, Cherry's, KBC, etc)  (Read 27739 times)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Keycap pullers (feng's MKC, sherryton's, Cherry's, KBC, etc)
« on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 13:07:42 »
You would think that keypuller is just that, pull the key, does the job and that's it.  Well, while that is true but today we have a few varieties to choose from and my post here is just to show differences between some of them but of course, their main function is still to pull the keycaps.   :)

First you have SP's and Techkeys's keypullers.  They're made by the same source (with just different colors to differentiate between the two) and either of them will do the job just fine and they are quite similar to the one from Filco.   Techkey is $6 each plus shipping and SP is $5 plus shipping.

Then you have the one from Feng's group buy which is made by MKC it's a stainless steel keypuller.  It feels a little bit heavier, more substantial in one's hands with the letters MKC on the handle.  It's pretty small when comparing to Filco's keypuller but definitely heavier.  Feng's group buy is here and he said that he'll stop taking order on 1/20/13 so might want to check with him first before ordering.

Next we have one from sherryton's new store (Originative) and this one is imported from Korea.  The handle is made with wood and it's pretty smooth (don't know what kind of wood so you'll have to check with sherry on that  :))  ).  Originative site is down atm due to sherry having some problem with the PayPal people but once it's back up, you should be able to place an order there.  This one is a little pricey at $25 each plus shipping.

It's really small in size with a good wooden grip/handle.  Not as heavy as MKC's so that makes it easier to carry around.  This is the one that I'd take it with me if I want to carry one around. 

I think a few members here own the one from Cherry Corp so here's a pic just to compare the size between the two.

Next we have the Cherry's keypuller.  Again, very small with a single switch on top (mine has a red switch there).  I believe tinlong has a group buy going over at Deskthority.net and DanGWanG was running a smaller group buy here over in the Classifieds section ($9 shipped ConUS).   Personally, I like the puller but the handle is just too short for me and I like something more substantial in my hands.  It looks nice and you can change the keycap on top (it comes with one translucent keycap with Cherry logo on top).

Last but not least, we have one from KBC.  I forgot where I got this one from but it was either feng or qtan that sent it to me.  It's small in size and has step in the handle.  This is the one that I've been using everyday for the past few months and it's holding up quite well.  Since I don't remember who sent it to me, I don't recall the price either but I'm sure you should be able to find one on TaoBao or just ask feng or qtan to help you.

EK also has one by Leopold (they use to carry Filco but not anymore).  It's also one of my all time favorite due to its short, thicker handle, inexpensive price and availability.  You can get one for $5 plus shipping over at Elitekeyboards.com (link).

Below are the ones that I don't own or haven't had any experience with them.

WASD wire keycap puller ($5.99 plus shipping and you can get it here)

QWERkeys keycap puller (GBP 2.50 and you can get it here)

Well, that's it for now.  Please feel free to add your own comments/experience with any one of these as it will benefit newer members and help them decide which one is best.  :)   I'll add more when I come across some newer ones.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 February 2013, 23:16:21 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Re: Keycap pullers (feng's MKC, sherryton's, Cherry's, KBC, etc)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 13:27:44 »
Nice post Reaper. Thank you! Didn't know there were so many options out there.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 13:29:38 »
Thanks and please feel free to start another wiki if you have some free time.  Oh and also you can use any of my pics here.  :)
Din Eli

Offline uzoc

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 13:32:25 »
Thanks for the review... I'm a sucker for good deals so here it goes: WASDKeyboards has one (with their logo) for free when you get the 87 or 104 keycaps: http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/wasd-wire-keycap-puller-tool.html

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 13:34:58 »
I love my cherry one for doing 1x keys. I can pull three tipro/flat profile caps before needing to clear them out, sometimes it even clears itself and I can pull an entire row of 1x caps in about 30 seconds.

However with anything bigger than 1x, I use a WASD puller that's basically the same as a Filco puller
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 13:35:07 »

Thanks for the review... I'm a sucker for good deals so here it goes: WASDKeyboards has one (with their logo) for free when you get the 87 or 104 keycaps: http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/wasd-wire-keycap-puller-tool.html

Ooh, thanks for reminding me..   I forgot to include that one from WASD.  I think might have one of their keycaps around here somewhere so I can take some pics. lol
Din Eli

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 13:35:14 »
Yep i have a couple of the WASD pullers... they're probably almost identical to the techkeys/SP pullers except for the engraved logo.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 13:35:38 »
I like my WASD puller a lot better than the bobbypins that I used to use. :P

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 13:45:48 »
I have a Filco and a TechKeys puller and prefer my Techkeys one. If the SP one is identical, then I think that SP one would be nice too.

The TechKeys one has a bit of separation so it fits around the caps extremely well imo.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 20:40:11 »
I believe the wood it is made from is guaiacum or Lignum Vitae, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lignum_Vitae.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 20:45:20 »
I have the WASD puller and it works as intended. I can't imagine a drastic difference between the key pullers, so it comes down to aesthetics. The MKC Stainless Steel puller via feng looks the best, in my opinion.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 20:57:05 »
Agreed boost. The stock CM one I have does crappy job.

I'll probably end up buying the WASD one too because it is 5$+free shipping on Amazon and I like WASD as a company  :D

The KBC looks abysmally small though.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline rurushu

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 00:41:06 »
I only had one and it is the FILCO one, never used a plastic ring puller before, because before i got my FILCO one, i've read around and found out the ugly truth that ring pullers have a higher risk of damaging keycaps.... scratches uhh.....  :-X

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 15:28:42 »
Not including a passing reference to the little plastic ring pullers?

Many keyboards includes one of those, so that would be many people's introduction to keycap removal.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 16:31:05 »
Oh I remember requesting this! Thanks reaper :D I personally really like the WASD one because it has perfect spacing, unlike the Filco one where it's closed and you have to pull it open to pull a key.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 February 2013, 16:33:18 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 21:51:49 »
Not including a passing reference to the little plastic ring pullers?

Hmm.. I think I have a couple of them but have never used them.  Please feel free to add your own review here.  :)

Oh I remember requesting this! Thanks reaper :D

You're welcome.  :)   
Din Eli

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 22:02:44 »
The plastic ring pullers are okay for Cherry, but ALPS have a death-grip; many of the stock keys from my 1008XM have scars from fighting with a puller.  They also tend to give way easily, especially on stabilized keys.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 22:06:46 »
There's also the diabolical metal one that Topre includes with the Realforce. Pure keycap-gouging evil.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 22:10:53 »
There's also the diabolical metal one that Topre includes with the Realforce. Pure keycap-gouging evil.

Eww..  lol  but yeah, I know that one.  ><  I can post a pic but someone else will have to provide their own experience since I've never used it.  :)
Din Eli

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 22:13:06 »

Eww..  lol  but yeah, I know that one.  ><  I can post a pic but someone else will have to provide their own experience since I've never used it.  :)
Don't. I think i scratched one of my spacebars with it :(

Offline uzoc

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 22:26:45 »
WASD gives you a free one with the 87 or 104 sets.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 22:56:22 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 22:56:54 »
Yeah. QWERkeys one is weird...
I love Elzy

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 23:12:45 »
^ k I'm going to include them in OP but someone will have to chime in their opinions/experience since I don't own them.
Din Eli

Offline rurushu

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 02:51:38 »
hmm... QWER key's, Topre's and plastic ring types.... those are like unstable "clamps" to me.... especially the plastic ones... when removing bigger keycaps, they run the risk of falling off.... and there goes your keycaps..... >.<

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 15:39:17 »
I have been using one of the plastic ring-pull keycap pullers until I received by techkeys.us wire puller a couple of days ago.

It is amazing how much easier a wire puller is :)

Only two things: First when the keycaps comes off, sometimes it gets stuck at a 45 degree angle.  Second I am a bit worried about removing the larger keys with it, such as right shift - are the metal loops supposed to spread that far apart without sustaining permanent damage?

Offline rurushu

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 21:32:28 »
I have been using one of the plastic ring-pull keycap pullers until I received by techkeys.us wire puller a couple of days ago.

It is amazing how much easier a wire puller is :)

Only two things: First when the keycaps comes off, sometimes it gets stuck at a 45 degree angle.  Second I am a bit worried about removing the larger keys with it, such as right shift - are the metal loops supposed to spread that far apart without sustaining permanent damage?
well, based on my own experience on using wire keypullers, the puller mostly (all the time for my case using the FILCO one) pulled out the keycaps in diagonals.
On the larger keycaps, so far i have no problems with it, it can stretch that far without fail, except for spacebar, that one i had to use my fingers to pry open slowly after removing both the "Alt" keycaps at the sides, if im not mistaken, ripster posted before that he used 2 wire keypullers to pull off the tricky spacebar XD

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 21:40:54 »
Ok, thanks for that :)

I wasn't sure so I used my plastic ring puller on the larger keys, and a flatblade screwdriver under the middle of the spacebar.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 23:29:46 »
Ok, thanks for that :)

I wasn't sure so I used my plastic ring puller on the larger keys, and a flatblade screwdriver under the middle of the spacebar.
here is a vid showing squarebox doing the keycap removal for modifiers on a filco using the wire keypuller...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 00:15:55 »
Pullers with the hard plastic handles always have the two wires off center from each other which really sets off the ocd in me.

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 17:12:22 »
QWERkeys keycap puller (GBP 2.50 and you can get it here)

Show Image

That's an older Cherry Corp brand keypuller... I have 1 myself, but I don't use it as it would likely scratch my keycaps.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 February 2013, 17:14:15 by The_Ed »
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 13:13:43 »
Cherry made those? O.o

Offline gnubag

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 13:56:17 »
i think those were the super early models they had. also i think that ibm had them for buckling springs aswell.

Offline Noko

• jolonarr: a tough dude who takes no esses!
  • * Maker
    • Noko's Leatherworks
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 09:31:28 »
I picked up one of the QWERkeys pullers just to see and couldn't use it on my stock Filco keys, plus it just felt dangerous to use.  I'm not sure why they've chosen to offer that type of design as it seems far inferior to a wire puller.
Noko's Leatherworks - Handmade Custom Leather Wrist Rests -  http://www.noko.ca

Sales Thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51762.0
Build Log: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47704.0

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 00:37:34 »
WOW

good info thankyou !!
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 22:53:53 »
You're welcome.  :)   Glad you find it somewhat useful.  ;D
Din Eli

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 08:59:50 »
I don't get it. I've followed this thread to the end, and there has been almost no mention of the standard O-ring key pullers that come free with most keyboards. (Some people make passing references only.)

What I want to know, from you guys who are more experienced, is whether using the O-ring key puller will damage keys or stems in the long run.

If it's free and works fine, why should I get a more 'professional' puller. That's what I want to know! That's why I read this thread!

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 09:04:40 »
Its generally considered that wire keypullers are better and more durable, with less chance of damaging caps. Also, the ring pullers are boring, so not fun to collect and post about. But if they work for you, then go for it!

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 09:28:33 »
Can anyone discuss actual instances of damaged caps using ring pullers? I know there is friction when I push down to hook the bottomsd of the keycaps, and I want to know if in the long run it wears down the plastic or scratches it.

Its generally considered that wire keypullers are better and more durable, with less chance of damaging caps. Also, the ring pullers are boring, so not fun to collect and post about. But if they work for you, then go for it!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 14:12:56 »
I personally hate wire keypullers and sold the only one I ever bought. I use those cheap DAS ring keypullers and have never scratched a single keycap. It is faster to just use my fingers once a few keycaps are off though (but after a few boards that starts to hurt...).
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 19:28:45 »

I love Elzy

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 19:30:10 »
That keypuller really quacks me up.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 12:32:27 »
Great! We have a guy who hates the wire pullers!

Can I ask you why?

I just want to know, because lots of people seem to like the wire pullers. I'm basically learning from your experiences.

I personally hate wire keypullers and sold the only one I ever bought. I use those cheap DAS ring keypullers and have never scratched a single keycap. It is faster to just use my fingers once a few keycaps are off though (but after a few boards that starts to hurt...).

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 14:43:43 »
I actually had my wire keypuller dent my keycaps. The wires only contact in 4 small points, and it would dent those. Especially when you rocked the keycap to get it to come off as it would contact less points. It was also much harder to get the wires onto the keycaps, and also to get the keycaps out of the wires.

The daskeyboard KEYPULLER90 is my favorite ring keypuller. I have 2 to get the large keys off with ease as well. The color you get is random though, I have a white and a black. http://store.daskeyboard.com/Key-Cap-Puller/dp/B004JYJHIO There are other ring keypullers, but this is the only one I'd recommend. The WASDkeyboards one is too hard of a plastic and could potentially scratch your keycaps (and that's why I sold it as well).
R.I.P.ster

Offline rurushu

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 09:24:37 »
I actually had my wire keypuller dent my keycaps. The wires only contact in 4 small points, and it would dent those. Especially when you rocked the keycap to get it to come off as it would contact less points. It was also much harder to get the wires onto the keycaps, and also to get the keycaps out of the wires.

The daskeyboard KEYPULLER90 is my favorite ring keypuller. I have 2 to get the large keys off with ease as well. The color you get is random though, I have a white and a black. http://store.daskeyboard.com/Key-Cap-Puller/dp/B004JYJHIO There are other ring keypullers, but this is the only one I'd recommend. The WASDkeyboards one is too hard of a plastic and could potentially scratch your keycaps (and that's why I sold it as well).
hmm... what you've said has never happened to me.. at least not yet...
the wire keypuller im using is the Filco one, the wires slid into the space pretty easily and you only apply little to moderate force to jerk out the keycaps, dont have to use too much force...

and also getting the keycaps out of the wire is very simple, i was wondering why would you said it is harder to get the caps out of the wires..

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 13:25:39 »
Did you try the wire keypuller on cherry doubleshots that are locked onto the switch stems? (This can only happen on keyboards that have the switches the right way up. Backlit keyboards have them upside-down.) The combination of ABS softness and pulling force dents them.
R.I.P.ster

Offline rurushu

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 00:12:02 »
Did you try the wire keypuller on cherry doubleshots that are locked onto the switch stems? (This can only happen on keyboards that have the switches the right way up. Backlit keyboards have them upside-down.) The combination of ABS softness and pulling force dents them.
oh, I've only used it on my rosewill rk-9000 stock keycaps, never tried on cherry doubleshots before (haven't had the chance to own any yet)...
btw, the switches on my board are upright.... cause they're not backlit...

guess I will come back to this thread again once I've tested the wire keypuller with a set of cherry doubleshots...  :)

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 04:23:14 »
I've harvested doubleshots and switches from dozens of NIB cherry POS boards. Those are REALLY tight as they have never been removed before.
R.I.P.ster

Offline rurushu

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 04:44:02 »
I've harvested doubleshots and switches from dozens of NIB cherry POS boards. Those are REALLY tight as they have never been removed before.
i see... will let you know after i've tested them...  :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 16:07:14 »
These are some of mine, I've got a few more scattered about.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk