Author Topic: [IC] TMT TAHO | DONE!  (Read 82123 times)

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
Re: [IC] GMK TAHO
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 16:40:49 »
This will definitely be an instabuy after earth tones, its not even halfway through 2021 but I'm already broke because of the upcoming keycaps from you. Baybayin kit would be a nice addition and some artisan keycaps as well. I hope there would be an artisan keycap representing the metal bin they use to store the soy.

You should look into making designs for switches as well. The colors you choose for the caps would look nice on switches as well.  Good luck kabayan!

Thank you so much for you feedback, Kabayan! I'm currently working on the Baybayin kit as well. Maraming salamat po, Kabayan!!  ;D
I think you should put baybayin in the base kit and pray for MOQ to be reached  :p

Hahaha! I'll start praying right now! Thank you sooo much!  ;)

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 17:50:48 »
THIS IS SO CUTE.

Also wow, just read the cloning thing. That's frick'en awful.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 March 2021, 17:55:02 by loop | esc lab »

Offline thelateclacker

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 19:57:46 »
I know it wasn't the direct influence on the design of the set, but it would've been great if the novelty enter could say "BOBAAAA!" lol

Offline RUN_GMSEE

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 22:30:51 »
Relax Zionsped, you're running 3 ICs at the same time. About the set, any chances that TAHO equipement enter novelty available also in black, your novelties kit reminds me of my childhood....

Hello again, brother! Haha. GMK has a bunch of awesome keycap designs and for me, it's very hard to conceptualize on colors so I really have to dibs a colorway asap :( Awwww, Thank you soooo much! Also, updated the novelty render!

Some of your novelties are very detailed and I’m pretty sure GMK can’t produce some of the thin lines and the very small gaps, so I’d take a look at that.

You can’t own colors, so posting ic's just to “call dibs” on a colorway seems a bit selfish imo, not letting the other designers run their idea/concept just because another designer posted an ic of a set that’s not gonna happen in +1 year, just my opinion.
You also broke the rule #1 of the Keycap Designes Discord heh (Don’t credit the server but the people that helped you from the server)

One more thing, this is basically GMK Bread  :thumb:

The guy posted 3 ICs i don't get what why you are so offended. :rolleyes:  you're making it seem like he's a bad guy. for what ? 3 ICs all original designs ? there are no set rules on designers trying to create GMK sets if there is then show them to the designer

I could care less about the 3 ic’s, idk where I sounded offended but ok bud. Just the way he made it seem like he wants to dibs on colorways just so that other designers can’t run a similar set. Ig I’ll post 10 ics later and call dibs on 10 different colorways.

Go ahead no one is stopping you from doing that. well, the way you are pointing out flaws on minute details about how the designer's IC
 you sound like you've been drinkin a lot of haterade   :rolleyes:

The only flaws I pointed out were the novelties, and I’m sure I’m not the only one that thinks they need some work, I’m not sure where I said this ic was low effort, and if I did please point it out

uhh... you pointed out that "this is basically GMK Bread" what was that for ?  and I never said that this set was perfect and did not need any re-work, It's his first day of IC though so...  :confused:

Wdym what was that for, I pointed out my opinion of the set and the similarity with GMK Bread, no hate on the set or the designer, I never said that you thought this ic was perfect so please stop putting words in my mouth.

:confused: :confused: :confused: are we going from "basically" to "similar" ??? you're making yourself look bad my guy  :thumb: anyway. you do you I'm sure you are a great designer basing on others trying to point it out. but as a person ? hmmmm  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Xifi.1923

• Learning the ways of the keeb.
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 04:53:01 »
Hey, I think it's time wrap this thing up.

To sGhost & Dandruff, Thank you so much for the creative critiques! I'm actually jotting down notes on everything you all said that could improve my keyset. I won't push my GMK Benjamins due to color issue and the color usage of the currency as well. Thank you for the heads up on this. I really do appreciate it!

To break, Yes I agree! sGhost have a really good eye on every kitting details. Thank you so much!

To nvh2092, Thank you so much for appreciating my artworks! Also, this is really how I translate my artworks in keycaps as my design language and as a photographer too. I'm not an expert on kitting this is why I seek feedbacks on my kitting. Thank you so much again, brother!

To RUN_GMSEE, thank you so much for trusting me and my designs since Day 1!

I know and I'm aware I used the term "dibs" because of these:

- I posted GMK Taho on a local Facebook group here in the Philippines last March 3, 2021at 5:36 PM (GMT+8) as a floating concept of mine and to gather feedback/s as well, and the post blew up! (I took this screenshot last March 4, 2021 8:00 PM (GMT+8))

- A non local group on Facebook that clones GMK sets saw my concept of the GMK Taho and they already have a copy of the image I posted even tho it's just a plain basekit render. (I didn't even added RAL/PANTONE or any color codes on my facebook group post, just a straight base kit and board render.) This is also sad that people are also requesting to clone the set that they want to :(

- A bunch of people sliding through my dms on Facebook, Discord, and Instagram with a screenshot on what's happening to the said Facebook group telling me "Hey, your design might be cloned soon!". This made me alarmed AF, because I know they can produce the cloned keycap as soon as they want to. This made me think if I should post an IC on Geekhack so people would know who's the original designer behind the cloned keycap if it rolled out on the mech market. This alarmed me much that if they produced the keycap I designed before I put GMK Taho on IC, that could lead and letting people assume that my design is not original and based on the said company.

I hope this explain a lot and I want to let you all know that there are bunch of companies who copy/clone GMK sets privately.

Thank you sooo much!

I dont have anything to input for this particular IC but you could at least please blur the names of that Facebook screenshot which you shared. Thank you!

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 05:09:39 »
:confused: :confused: :confused: are we going from "basically" to "similar" ??? you're making yourself look bad my guy  :thumb: anyway. you do you I'm sure you are a great designer basing on others trying to point it out. but as a person ? hmmmm  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I mean it does look the same. Never saw anything wrong with what sGhost said. The gap between the mod colors are just 7, by the way. RAL 8001 and RAL 8008. Taho's alphas colors are just lighter as well.

The funny thing about that thread is that you're looking a little bit triggered and defensive about the whole ordeal.  :)) You sure you're just someone who's interested in the set, bud?

Its not a big deal that someone runs 3 ICs at the same time. Its that rushing ICs, with none being set in motion just yet, feels a bit reckless to me as a consumer. Just like how someone on this thread has pointed out some issues that if rushed, could lead to errors and affect not only consumers but vendors as well :(

I don't agree with the calling in dibs for colorways. I would prefer an interest check that's fully fleshed out, and looked into by someone who isn't juggling multiple ICs at once.

I dont have anything to input for this particular IC but you could at least please blur the names of that Facebook screenshot which you shared. Thank you!

Agree with this. Doxxing is no fun. :)
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline Rx003

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 05:28:26 »
Glwic nice concept needs a lil work and should be fine

Offline vibaSept

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 18:27:11 »
loving the set and the desert! it reminds me of my childhood in Vietnam. I wish this will come with a Norde/International Kit if possible :D

Offline break

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 11:56:24 »
Are you implying that I can't comment if I am not involved in the design ?

I'm pointing out that sGhost has worked on a number of sets, has a great eye for detail, and is worth listening to as a result of these facts.

I'm also confused by your defensiveness in response to his feedback, which is well-intentioned and constructive, and can help the set's success. If you were invested in the success of GMK Taho, you would want someone like him to share feedback and help improve the resulting product. But instead you're pushing back on it. I'm not sure why, so I questioned your relationship here.

After seeing more comments here, I seem to be justified - you're not contributing much to this IC beyond argumentativeness.

The gap between the mod colors are just 7, by the way. RAL 8001 and RAL 8008. Taho's alphas colors are just lighter as well.

For others following along, RAL's classic colors do not work the same way as RAL's design colors. The first digit of a K7 color do indicate a system code (eg. "8" is brown) but the last three numbers are simply sequential. Compare RAL 1011 for RAL 1013 for an example of two closely-numbered colors that differ significantly.

This differs from RAL D2, where the first triple indicates hue, and the last pair of doubles indicates chroma.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 March 2021, 00:30:25 by break »

Offline pixelkris

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 18:08:48 »
Love the tones on this. I'm actually hoping this would go on GB soon ;)

I also agree with the others - the feedback is very valuable to make this kit successful.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 22:18:43 »
Stop making me throw money at you, i need some of them to not be hungry.

Offline ibcruzn408

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 00:16:33 »
Woot, Baybayin alphas? Never been this excited for keycaps for a long time. heheeh

Offline JayyReq

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 02:42:14 »
WHOA!! More Filipino delights! I dig it! I'm all in!

Offline Cloudbank

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 21:49:31 »
The colors drew me in, the TAHOOOO novelty sold me. I hope you can make this happen!

Offline PusaCat666

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 04:15:18 »
Im in for this. No need to think about it. Im in. Some comments are in my submitted IC form  :thumb:

Offline JKKEEBS

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 10:58:37 »
Looks familiar

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 12:41:39 »
I really love this set. I love how you've made the colors look both beautiful on their own, and matching the theme. Beautiful deskmat as well. GLWIC

Offline chucharap

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 04:22:08 »
Once baybayin legends appear on this, I'll grab them with no second thoughts.  :p

Offline Mattacanton

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 01:48:25 »
The set looks good! Looking at the reference image also convinced me go make some taho.

Offline miguvill

Re: [IC] Geekark TAHO
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 09:34:16 »
IM IN!!!!!! Taho plus Novelties kit plus that deskmat please???  :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 May 2021, 09:44:43 by miguvill »

Offline itsazly

• website place
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 09:44:51 »
Stoked for this! Going to have to make myself some taho today. A fave dessert for sure. <3 :thumb:

Offline shamown

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 10:53:35 »
Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but would love to see Baybayin subs on the Arnibal set too! :o

Offline Michelle Obama

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 10:57:29 »
is geekark cheaper than gmk?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline vi0till

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 11:20:41 »
Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but would love to see Baybayin subs on the Arnibal set too! :o
Yeah, I would like that option too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Krigen

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 11:27:17 »
Great concept, grew up eating this. Brings back memories  ;D

An additional design on the deskmat would also be nice!

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 15:36:34 »
Something that's not GMK? Never heard of this one :eek:

Are there images anywhere of their caps? Really interesting.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline OwLab

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 16:40:00 »

and more if you just youtube geekark bow
they are the manufacturer of all XDA and MT3 keycaps too

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 19:24:52 »
Geekark is Cool
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Michelle Obama

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 19:43:19 »
is geekark more expensive than gmk?

Offline bigoldbox

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 21:28:03 »
is geekark more expensive than gmk?

Cheaper from what I've seen.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 22:09:38 »
Need more info on geekark. Are we switching to PBT dyesub? No more Doubleshot ABS?

Offline aclassynerd

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 03:56:25 »
When is the estimated GB date?

Let's see them baybayin!  :))

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 23:06:27 »

Mistermoy (The designer of Kanagawa Deskmat) is currently on WIP for the second design. Stay tuned!  :p

Offline pool

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 23:07:51 »
More non-GMK sets for GBs is always a great thing.

I've heard good things about Geekark sets and I have a BoW coming next month. Excited to see how they are. GLWGB!

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 10:06:45 »
THIS IS SO CUTE.

Also wow, just read the cloning thing. That's frick'en awful.

Thank you so much, Loop!  :)

Offline Igahakube

Re: [IC] Geekark TAHO | Deskmat Collab
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 03:37:02 »
Beautiful set! Hope it goes live this year  ;D

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 03:39:32 »
quote author=OwLab link=topic=111545.msg3044791#msg3044791 date=1619991600]

[/quote]

Ooh it's not ABS doubleshot. Very cool, looking forward to seeing these.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline ligongduck

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 04:03:06 »
Tahooooooooo!

Offline badtyping

• they said this would be fun
    • instagram
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 12:29:44 »
Count me in, I am absolutely obsessed. Love the sublegends here too. Hoping this goes to GB and with a NA or International vendor! GLWIC!!!!

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 05:38:54 »
Torn on what suits Soya U80 better. the Taho or Sago.

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 08:01:49 »
WOW! I'm so happy you are going with geekark, I look forward to a well priced set that has short lead time!  :thumb:

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 20:50:36 »
Geekark is Cool

Thank you, Treeleaf!  :thumb:

Great concept, grew up eating this. Brings back memories  ;D

An additional design on the deskmat would also be nice!

Added!  :p

Once baybayin legends appear on this, I'll grab them with no second thoughts.  :p

I got you, Fam!  :D

Thank you so much! I got you.

Tahooooooooo!

Tahooooooooooooooooooooo!!  :p

The set looks good! Looking at the reference image also convinced me go make some taho.

Thank you!

When is the estimated GB date?

Let's see them baybayin!  :))

Once I'm done with the color samples, I'll announce the GB soon :)

Beautiful set! Hope it goes live this year  ;D

Thank you!!

Torn on what suits Soya U80 better. the Taho or Sago.

:p :p

More non-GMK sets for GBs is always a great thing.

I've heard good things about Geekark sets and I have a BoW coming next month. Excited to see how they are. GLWGB!

Thank you so much!

quote author=OwLab link=topic=111545.msg3044791#msg3044791 date=1619991600]

Ooh it's not ABS doubleshot. Very cool, looking forward to seeing these.
[/quote]

Thank you so much!

Need more info on geekark. Are we switching to PBT dyesub? No more Doubleshot ABS?

Oh yeah, Thank you so much Lush Bunny for the heads up. I'll add more infos regarding Geekark!

Count me in, I am absolutely obsessed. Love the sublegends here too. Hoping this goes to GB and with a NA or International vendor! GLWIC!!!!

Yes! Thank you soo much!

Ohhhh. Interesting!

WOW! I'm so happy you are going with geekark, I look forward to a well priced set that has short lead time!  :thumb:

Thank you so much again, Fishykeebs!  :thumb:

Offline Coby

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 18:49:31 »
 Reminds me a lot of GMK Civilization a lot. GLWIC.

Offline woodsy

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 09:26:47 »
@zionsped I wish you didnt assume everyone here were males by calling everyone 'brother'. Good luck with the IC though!

Offline m_murrn

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 08:37:30 »
I need this set to enter the Group Buy phase already so I can hand y'all my money!!

Offline Elscorcho

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 07:47:27 »
DIBS! I was pondering of getting a gmk boho, luckily found TAHO. Great set brader Jazz! Keep it up!  :-*
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 July 2021, 07:53:15 by Elscorcho »

Offline Minahctrl

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 08:27:10 »
THE COLOURS
i’m in love

Offline moshimochi

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 00:31:12 »
I would 100% buy this! I really want those Baybayin keycaps. And also love that this is Geekark instead of the other producers with crazy lead times right now.
My favorite color variant is the Arnibal. I'm not sure the accent colors work, but if it reaches MOQ, that's great.

Whether or not this reaches group buy stage, can we please have that Mang Felix deskmat, though? It's absolutely gorgeous.

Offline pondscum

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 07:43:35 »
Love the colours and really hope it goes to gb (even though it's been a while since last update). Can we get Daily Clack as an OCE vendor please?

Offline pnikoforonda

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 09:01:49 »
Praying for this colorway to push through!  :)