Author Topic: sticking topre dome  (Read 1001 times)

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
sticking topre dome
« on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 19:05:24 »
I've daily-ed my RF87u with BKE redux heavies for ~6 months now (and that translates to probably around 10 hours a day at my desk). I recently noticed that my backspace key is "sticking" (it takes some fraction of a second to pop back up after I release it).

I'll probably pull it apart tonight and swap the dome with a less used key to see if that fixes it. Has anyone run into anything similar before?
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Re: sticking topre dome
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 22:27:00 »
It did happen to one of my friend and he said he had to put lube on the middle part of the dome (where the electro-capacitive sensor is on the pcb) and that seems to fixed it.

However I'm not 100% sure if your issue is exactly the same as his.

Hopefully yours gets resolved when you open it up though.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden