geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] a hand-held keyboard: keys at your finger tips, no chords

<< < (2/5) > >>

DonKeyShot:

--- Quote from: Typewarrior on Wed, 29 November 2023, 08:39:31 ---Interesting concept! What kind of keys do you use? are these customizable?

--- End quote ---

Hi Typewarrior, tnx!

We use Kailh keys. Kailh has a small footprint and offers 20g keys (you don't want heavy keys on a wearable keyboard). And they provide pcb-sockets, so in principle they are swappable. I couldn't find such low pressure Cherry keys, do they exist? Further, for all prototypes so far they ware swappable, but to go really slim we want to integrate the key with the housing. Then swapping would mean opening the key and make replacements inside. Would that be acceptable for you?

DonKeyShot:

--- Quote from: EdgeOfInfinity on Wed, 29 November 2023, 19:04:50 ---dope project!

this post might fall more in line with the "Making Stuff Together" board however.

--- End quote ---

Hi EdgeOfInfinity, tnx!
About the group to post in: I am interested in feedback, but indeed also open for help if people want to. For instance, I could use some help for a the Japanese keymap.
I just went for this group.

EdgeOfInfinity:
no worries, just lettin ya kno before GH comes for you! lol

would love to see a video once a working proto is available. glwic!

DonKeyShot:

--- Quote from: EdgeOfInfinity on Fri, 01 December 2023, 12:21:47 ---no worries, just lettin ya kno before GH comes for you! lol

would love to see a video once a working proto is available. glwic!

--- End quote ---

Hi EOI,

A movie is already possible. Have to undust the blue proto, do some repairs. It is difficult to show the device and what happens on the screen in a gproper way at the same time. I moght give ot a try  the coming weeks.

dvorcol:

--- Quote from: DonKeyShot on Thu, 30 November 2023, 08:57:39 ---
--- Quote from: Typewarrior on Wed, 29 November 2023, 08:39:31 ---Interesting concept! What kind of keys do you use? are these customizable?

--- End quote ---

Hi Typewarrior, tnx!

We use Kailh keys. Kailh has a small footprint and offers 20g keys (you don't want heavy keys on a wearable keyboard). And they provide pcb-sockets, so in principle they are swappable. I couldn't find such low pressure Cherry keys, do they exist? Further, for all prototypes so far they ware swappable, but to go really slim we want to integrate the key with the housing. Then swapping would mean opening the key and make replacements inside. Would that be acceptable for you?

--- End quote ---

Did you consider Cherry's MX ULP switch?  It appears to be thinner, but pins aren't in the picture so maybe it's surface mount.  And 65 cN force might be too high.
  https://www.cherrymx.de/en/cherry-mx/mx-ultra-low-profile/mx-ulp-click.html
  https://github.com/pashutk/Cherry_MX_ULP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version