Author Topic: sth's blog - new update! pinball and keyboard switches... who knew!  (Read 93293 times)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: sth's blog again
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 13:36:52 »
if i remember then its not that great of a party now is it
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 14:08:06 »
Nah, I only don't remember the bad nights. Not many, but not remembering is bad. Especially when you wake up in a bush on the side of a road, with no glasses, and in a foreign country.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 14:10:18 »
Nah, I only don't remember the bad nights. Not many, but not remembering is bad. Especially when you wake up in a bush on the side of a road, with no glasses, and in a foreign country.

The US is NOT a foreign country, you heathen!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 14:10:47 »

Australia, mate :)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 14:11:45 »

okay, I guess that's about as foreign as it gets

At least they speak a variant of English

I'm talking out my ass, btw, as I've never been to Australia. I'm sure it's awesome. :P
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 August 2015, 14:15:13 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 14:15:24 »

Hehe yup! I'm just glad I didn't get poisoned, considering everything there is venomous and evil! 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 14:15:55 »

I'm talking out my ass, btw, as I've never been to Australia. I'm sure it's awesome. :P
Group buy for a trip to the outback?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 14:16:59 »

We definitely need to stop by Elrick's if that happens.

in memoriam

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 14:22:26 »

We definitely need to stop by Elrick's if that happens.

He actually lives close to where I lived.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 15:33:03 »
new blog post. just watched pootie tang. again. sa da tay!!!!

11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 21:22:13 »
this belongs in your blog, pregnant guinea pig;

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 23:39:57 »
hai piggy

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 01:37:52 »
DANG it i got stung by a yellow jacket this morning on my ride to work. now im gonna have dead arm for the rest of the morning and i wont be able to enjoy the feeling of oneness with cup rubber  >:D

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 03:41:54 »
new blog post: hehe

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 05:15:32 »
new blog post: reminiscing

sometimes i miss my old blog. it was a pretty good blog. lots of cool people were hanging out and discussing the issues of the days. my old blog made me feel young again. my old blog was a friendly place. then i made the decision to close that blog.

i started another blog on deskthority. i still have that blog. you want to know something funny? i generally like the discourse on DT - it's usually very polite and i guess high-minded or whatever, but i get some crap on my blog there. why would you go to a blog you dont like? i can't figure it out.

anyways, that blog's still around and sometimes i post in it, but i really liked having a blog here. so i started a new blog here. it's off to a pretty good start. thanks to everyone who comes to my blog here and there and special thanks to all my friends who visited my old blog. i really hope this blog can reach the level of my old blog, but if it doesn't, it will still be just as good but in a different way.

here's some questions: what are you typing on today? why? where'd you get the board? did you buy it new, used? or did you build it? is it your favorite board?

i saw this picture on the internet today and thought i would share it with you:

and hey, i will be creating a banner for my blog that u can put in your signature if you want. would anybody be interested in this??? would it be OK if it featured FIERCE HORSE??? or is that overdoing things?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 05:21:19 »
I am typing this on my HHKB.  I bought it secondhand through eBay from Queensland, I think.  It's a Feb-2011 model with a little shine on the space bar, but otherwise in pristine condition.  My one regret is that it did not include the original box.

It is one of my favourite keyboards, the other favourite being a Model M (or SSK).  But the buckling springs are too loud to use at home at night and early in the morning, hence my quite willing switch to the HHKB during the week.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 05:24:05 »
I'm using an black HHKB pro 2 made in late 2014, bought new from EK.

In good condition and spacebar still doesn't have any shine yet, I've modded it with 55g domes, and I'll start lubing and silencing it once I get my JT sliders.  :)

And so far in the keyboard world, it's my favourite.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 05:25:57 »
Confused about the blog stuff, but typing on my Realforce, which I bought used. It is by far my most loved keyboard I have and use. Here's a pic of mine also with cucumber I brought for the colleagues from our garden, and I am making a break right now, which I should not take because of lots of work which should be done, but I want to make a break and post for example in this blog.

... ...

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 05:52:16 »
nice to see so many topre users on my blog!

rowdy - i've got my og-hhkb pro1 but it was sent to me in a pro2 box :( i feel your pain. my spacebar is pretty shiny but that's because i use it a lot... no time to baby my keyboards!!! i am however looking forward to the pbt spacebars from matt3o because i am starting to feel the shiny spots and my thumb "grips" the worn spot in a weird way now.

madhias - nice cukes! those are chubbier than any i've ever seen. i too have a lot of work to do but sometimes a blog break acts as a nice reset.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 06:15:21 »
Matt's PBT space bars on order here too :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:49:09 »
Typing on my LZ-SQ:

One of the rare custom koreans board that allow ISO and also on a layout (65%) I consider to be the most optimal.
I bought it from a person that I know consider a friend since he opened his keyboard collection to me. And was built by myself.
I hope this is my late game.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:56:34 »
awesome threadblog sth :cool:

typing on my kishsaver atm cause model f best switch. i was lucky enough to snag it through the classifieds a little while ago; ~6 months ago? used, but i had to solder in a xwhatsit controller to make it USB. it is my favorite board. :thumb:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:03:07 »
Typing on my LZ-SQ:

Show Image

One of the rare custom koreans board that allow ISO and also on a layout (65%) I consider to be the most optimal.
I bought it from a person that I know consider a friend since he opened his keyboard collection to me. And was built by myself.

words that are softbanned from my blog include artisan and references to endgame

nice board though!!! i really like 65%. i might try to build one by hand soon because i'm looking to try my hand at a handwired/non-pcb board. not a fan of most of the existing cases that are out there except for kaliet's.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:03:23 »
The work keyboard is a Dolch 1800 case with a Leeku 1800 and plate. I just call it the Leeku Dolch 1800. Has stock MX clears, a butt load of LEDs, and Cherry WoB/GMK CMYK. I *need* the numberpad for the work I do and I really like the 1800 layout for work. I haven't rotated it out since I got it. It's nice but my favorite keyboards are at home: Kingsaver with Complicated Blue Alps and the IBM 6019284 with capacitive BS switches.

Looking forward to the fierce horse banner. Fierce horse is best horse.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:05:23 »
sth you should blog about google reorganizing into alphabet

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:06:23 »
sth you should blog about google reorganizing into alphabet

i dont really care  ¯\(°_o)/¯ i read about it this morning, just seems like a good way for rich people to get richer and for google to spread out all of their nasty analytics and advertising services into a bunch of smaller compartments.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:07:25 »
then again maybe an argument could be made that we are entering into a new era of american zaibatsus. cyberpunk is getting realer every day... unlike gen-Xers, im not looking forward to it (except the sweet aesthetic stuff)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:08:18 »
Typing on my LZ-SQ:

Show Image

words that are softbanned from my blog include artisan and references to endgame

nice board though!!! i really like 65%. i might try to build one by hand soon because i'm looking to try my hand at a handwired/non-pcb board. not a fan of most of the existing cases that are out there except for kaliet's.

I'll be carefull about using those words in the future. First one wasn't typed though :>
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:11:09 »
Typing on my LZ-SQ:

Show Image

I'll be carefull about using those words in the future. First one wasn't typed though :>

you referred to it though!!!! >:D

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:33:05 »
The work keyboard is a Dolch 1800 case with a Leeku 1800 and plate. I just call it the Leeku Dolch 1800. Has stock MX clears, a butt load of LEDs, and Cherry WoB/GMK CMYK. I *need* the numberpad for the work I do and I really like the 1800 layout for work. I haven't rotated it out since I got it. It's nice but my favorite keyboards are at home: Kingsaver with Complicated Blue Alps and the IBM 6019284 with capacitive BS switches.

Damn son, we got the exact same board at work.

We're bro's for lyfe!

Only thing different is that I have 65g blues cause I'm weird.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:46:16 »
Hehe. You've got good taste digi. I'd rotate this leeku and my filco but the new office is too quiet for blues.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 13:22:23 »
I have 65g blues cause I'm weird.

SmallFry switches.

in memoriam

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 05:05:47 »

Damn son, we got the exact same board at work.

We're bro's for lyfe!

Only thing different is that I have 65g blues cause I'm weird.

Is that 65g in Korean measurements or Cherry measurements?

Right now I'm using some crazy Frankenswitchs, that were made with the bottom half of the switch coming from MX Blacks, the top and stem from Gateron Blues, and springs from MX Clears. So far I think I've really been liking how they feel

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 06:44:45 »
new blog post: slow day

slow day on GH
slow day in irc (shhh)
slow day at work

i watched taxi driver for the first time today
i also finished scarface (which i started yesterday)
now i'm watching king of new york

i should probably watch something less violent next, eh? i'm just trying to catch up on stuff i've never seen - i was pretty movie-deprived as a kid (not that these are kid movies) so i've got a lot to see. coming up soon: goodfellas and the godfather movies, i think.

anyone else here like pootie tang?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 06:48:11 »
Wa Da Tah
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 06:50:50 »

Offline joey

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 07:49:41 »
What did you think of Taxi Driver? I wasn't too amazed by it.

Typing on Lenovo rubber domes at work.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 07:52:59 »
What did you think of Taxi Driver? I wasn't too amazed by it.

Typing on Lenovo rubber domes at work.

i liked it but i get why people might not.
i guess im a fan of rambling/uneventful/pointless movies (taxi driver isn't any of those specifically but it doesn't really go anywhere, either). then again i also love stupid big budget action movies like the fast series...

Offline joey

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 07:54:29 »
The Fast and the FierceHorseious

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:08:41 »
The Fast and the FierceHorseious

FIERCE HORSE is fast, furious and fantastic. A fine fella.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:18:27 »
Taxi Driver and Raging Bull...DeNiro has some great acting chops.

You should check out Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon, since you already watched Scarface.

in memoriam

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:20:13 »
Taxi Driver and Raging Bull...DeNiro has some great acting chops.

You should check out Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon, since you already watched Scarface.

will do! thanks for the tips.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:20:46 »
Updating your blog

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:07:29 »
new blog post: reblogging the truth

lubing cherry mx is like using hemorrhoid cream, sure it feels better but you still have a problem

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:30:20 »
the truth stings a little bit
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:32:55 »
Truth:

HHKB is great, but it's great because of the LAYOUT, not the Topre "switches."

in memoriam

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:35:41 »
opinion:

HHKB is great, but it's great because of the LAYOUT, not the Topre "switches."

fixed.

i have hhk layout gh60 but time and again i return to my hhk. i'm a faster typist on my hhk than with cherry -- maybe because i modded with dental rings for quicker actuation? maybe it's something else. topre feels more stable to me than flimsy cherry mx too.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:37:11 »
Re: opinion vs. truth

It's anchorman, not anchorlady, and that's a scientific fact!

in memoriam

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:38:31 »
jd: i respect your opinion

but i would respect it a lot more if you help me get some blank topre clacks

and that's a scientific fact

sometimes i feel like typing like bunny????

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 12:09:29 »
Hopefully you'll find some blanks with the new influx of clackvent caps.