Author Topic: Artifact Bloom keycaps review - $45 Cherry-profile dyesub PBT  (Read 5522 times)

Offline jasontsay

• Material Journal
Artifact Bloom keycaps review - $45 Cherry-profile dyesub PBT
« on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 18:50:13 »
Just published a review of the Artifact Bloom keycaps - a series of $45 Cherry-profile dyesub PBT sets that are often offered in-stock. In the review, I compare them to some EnjoyPBT and CRP keycaps I have on hand as well.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the keycaps or feedback on the review! Thanks!

Review Link - https://materialjournal.com/blog/artifact-bloom-keycaps-review

Publishing content on deliberate materialism at Material Journal. Can also be found on Instagram @jasontsay.

Offline gh_pp

Re: Artifact Bloom keycaps review - $45 Cherry-profile dyesub PBT
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 23:26:23 »
I have not tried budget PBT like these artifact bloom or the hk gaming series, although on amazon people said the hk gaming series is shorter than regular cherry profile keycaps, thus making the switches more visible from the side profile.

But you are saying that most PBT cherry are taller than GMK cherry profile keycaps?

It would be nice if you can include a side profile shots of these caps.

Nice review BTW. Makes me reconsider spending $120+ on EPBT and infinikey sets, but those are already sunk cost...

QFR brown x2, Realforce 45G, Type-S, Keycool 22 blue

Previous keyboards: 55G, IBM Model M, Dell AT101W, Fujitsu FKB4725, G80-3000 clear, QFS green, QFS blue

[WTB] Custom keyboard build

Offline jasontsay

• Material Journal
Re: Artifact Bloom keycaps review - $45 Cherry-profile dyesub PBT
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 00:00:28 »
I have not tried budget PBT like these artifact bloom or the hk gaming series, although on amazon people said the hk gaming series is shorter than regular cherry profile keycaps, thus making the switches more visible from the side profile.

But you are saying that most PBT cherry are taller than GMK cherry profile keycaps?

It would be nice if you can include a side profile shots of these caps.

Nice review BTW. Makes me reconsider spending $120+ on EPBT and infinikey sets, but those are already sunk cost...

Thanks for reading! I can try to include some side profile shots, although the biggest difference is when the keycaps are mounted (they sit taller on the stems and expose more of the switch area between the keys and the bezel).

I do think there is still plenty of reason to explore more premium keycap options like EnjoyPBT and CRP (these are still my personal preference in terms of sound and feel). However, it's great to see a decent budget option – at a fraction of the cost – for those less concerned with these subjective aspects.
Publishing content on deliberate materialism at Material Journal. Can also be found on Instagram @jasontsay.