geekhack Marketplace > Great Finds

New foam-filled, bonded-leather 14" wristrests, $7.39 shipped

(1/4) > >>

ander:
I just got one of these, and it's great:

Luxury PC Laptop PU Leather Wrist Rest with Meomery [sic] Foam for Standard Keyboards

$7.39, free international shipping (eBay)

As you may know, "bonded" leather is leather sealed with clear polyurethane. It's soft like leather, but it's spill-proof and can last longer. This wrist rest is foam-filled and springs back into shape when you release it. It has a thick textured anti-skid base. It's a lot more comfortable—and classier-looking—than my last one, which was covered with coarse fabric.

The shipping from China was supposed to take at least a month, but mine arrived in 2 weeks. The one in the photo looks black; mine turned out to be chocolate brown. If you order one, you can try dropping the seller a note and requesting one colour or the other.

fanpeople:
Thats pretty cool does it smell like leather?

jaffers:

--- Quote from: fanpeople on Sat, 09 January 2016, 03:10:33 ---Thats pretty cool does it smell like leather?

--- End quote ---

No, PU doesn't smell like anything except plastic and it falls apart quite quickly, even faster in an area of use like a wristrest.

I wouldn't touch these with a 10 foot stick personally. "There is no substitute for quality" Save your money and get a real leather ristrest

EDIT: I have found from many many experiences that PU leather is one of the worst materials manufactured. Well looked after leather will last for over 20 years. We have saddles from back in the 80's that are still in use because they were greased once or twice a year. PU is lucky to last a year

ander:

--- Quote from: fanpeople on Sat, 09 January 2016, 03:10:33 ---Thats pretty cool does it smell like leather?

--- End quote ---

LOL—I thought it did when I took it out of the box, but it was just the power of suggestion. (You know, like how simulated fireplaces seem to emit heat?) It does feel very much like leather to me.

--- Quote from: jaffers on Sat, 09 January 2016, 03:16:12 ---No, PU doesn't smell like anything except plastic and it falls apart quite quickly, even faster in an area of use like a wristrest.... I wouldn't touch these with a 10 foot stick personally. "There is no substitute for quality" Save your money and get a real leather ristrest...

--- End quote ---

Hey, if you want to spend $35 on a "real" leather wrist rest, knock yourself out—but I don't think you'll be "saving" any money.

For what it's worth, I'm resting my wrists on one of these right now, and I wouldn't have posted about them if I thought they were shoddy. For under 8 bucks total, they seem like a real deal.

Elrick:

--- Quote from: ander on Sat, 09 January 2016, 03:26:37 ---For what it's worth, I'm resting my wrists on one of these right now, and I wouldn't have posted about them if I thought they were shoddy. For under 8 bucks total, they seem like a real deal.

--- End quote ---

For what it's worth if you love it then why would you care about anyone's opinion here on Geekhack?

Just please yourself and forget about getting any kudos or back pats from this dismal place.  Only use this place to purchase items and nothing more, that way you'll keep your sanity and spend more time with the people that matter in your life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version