Author Topic: EXENT 65% Custom Keyboard (most exciting community project of 2017)  (Read 118050 times)

Offline ironpup

• Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber
Re: EXENT 65% Custom Keyboard (most exciting community project of 2017)
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 16:47:16 »
Any build updates? Dying to see things with some caps and underglow :p

Offline robbles

« Reply #301 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 16:52:40 »
Any build updates? Dying to see things with some caps and underglow :p

I'm really interested to see the underglow since the feet of the keyboard suspend the bottom housing off the desk surface. I wonder if enough light shines through to play on the desk.
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #302 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 17:08:23 »
I'm having such a hard time deciding whether to go with Black or Space Gray. Might have to buy two  :)).

Black goes with everything! If there were rose gold I'd be tempted but it's just so easy and effortless to match any and all keysets (in my opinion) with black; some better some worse, but they all work in their own way.

Well not trying to tempt you or anything, but unless something changes Rose Gold is listed as an option in the post haha.

But yeah, Black is definitely the safe option and looks nice. I really want Space Gray, but Black would probably look better with my favorite keyset (Nantucket Selectric). And it's not like I dislike Black, it's just the Space Gray is more unique and would probably look better with the GMK keyset included in the premium kit.

*gets popcorn* I love fights on forums, so passionate!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #303 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 17:50:31 »
Or you missed a 3rd assumption, at the time I did not have time to reply back to you  :))

If your argument is based on the semantics related to a word that was adopted by the hobby then there's not much discussion to be had. I feel like big bezels are an infinitesimal part of why gaming keyboards are regarded as bad within the mech community and making a post like your 1st on this particular thread to address the people who're hypothetical being hypocrites was moot, that's my only point to be made. Maybe I'm wrong and you have more than anecdotal evidence that warrants what you said.

Well not trying to tempt you or anything, but unless something changes Rose Gold is listed as an option in the post haha.

But yeah, Black is definitely the safe option and looks nice. I really want Space Gray, but Black would probably look better with my favorite keyset (Nantucket Selectric). And it's not like I dislike Black, it's just the Space Gray is more unique and would probably look better with the GMK keyset included in the premium kit.

OH. I swear that wasn't there before. Maybe it was. Well, I don't think I can afford two but I might as well try rofl

Hoping for some more pictures of the built prototype, 2 more days of the week to go if we're still on track for the launch. Awwyizz.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 18:01:54 »
I think this last one is actually of the original M67 comissioned by aaaaaaaaamos.

Was that M67-A ever made available for sale? I love the renders of it on Rama's page...

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #305 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 18:03:38 »
I think this last one is actually of the original M67 comissioned by aaaaaaaaamos.

Was that M67-A ever made available for sale? I love the renders of it on Rama's page...

Not publicly no

Offline Data

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 20:15:27 »
Large bezels can be beautiful when done tastefully, as Exent aptly proves.

Some bezel extremists won't settle until a bezel is as paper thin and "minimalist" as mechanically possible.  But I am not one of them.  There are many classic boards that got it right.  Who wouldn't be proud to own one of these beasts?

OK, so giant bezels aren't really as necessary as they once were.  But we can still capture a bit of that aesthetic in a new 65%.  The results will speak for themselves.  In RAMA we trust.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 20:18:10 »

Some bezel extremists won't settle until a bezel is as paper thin and "minimalist" as mechanically possible.  But I am not one of them.  There are many classic boards that got it right.  Who wouldn't be proud to own one of these beasts?

Show Image

OK, so giant bezels aren't really as necessary as they once were.  But we can still capture a bit of that aesthetic in a new 65%.  The results will speak for themselves.  In RAMA we trust.

I love that bezel. But I do not like the one on Exent.

Offline Data

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 20:32:20 »

Show Image

Yeah, people like different things.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 20:49:03 »

Show Image

Yeah, people like different things.

Show Image

And some people enjoy sharing their different likes.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 22:30:20 »
This would look so classy paired with DSA Midas if it ever gets off the ground.

Oh no, you should get the gmk bundle with this board
because...
well... cherry profile is the best really ;)
Oh please, SA is the best

SA looks prettiest, but I slightly prefer cherry for typing

(could you please respond to my messages)
Don't worry mate. Will invoice you in awhile.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline DanB

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 22:53:31 »
This would look so classy paired with DSA Midas if it ever gets off the ground.

Oh no, you should get the gmk bundle with this board
because...
well... cherry profile is the best really ;)
Oh please, SA is the best

SA looks prettiest, but I slightly prefer cherry for typing

(could you please respond to my messages)
Don't worry mate. Will invoice you in awhile.
Awesome

I can pay within a day except for a few days in February where it might be 4 depending on Internet.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Kingsaver, Koala

« Reply #312 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 12:04:55 »
I thought I saw this in the thread somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now. When/Where will these be orderable?

Offline Traveler

« Reply #313 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 12:10:49 »
The goal was to get the preorder started sometime this week. Last I heard one of the guys was putting together one of the prototypes and some other people were doing some number crunching to make sure of the price. As of yesterday the answer was "real soon". When the time comes there should be a post made in the Group Buy section of these forums with ordering forms or whatnot. There will probably be a link posted her to direct us to it.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 13:14:42 »
I thought I saw this in the thread somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now. When/Where will these be orderable?

Originativeco.com, as of recently they have their own vendor forum section so I'm sure something'll show up there once the time comes.

Offline Data

« Reply #315 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 14:47:41 »

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #316 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 17:37:46 »
I really wish the bezel wasn't so large, but there are so many big names here that I feel like I need this board. So much hype.  :p
AKA: /u/io2red on /r/mk
, Ducky YotM, Anne Pro, & Plum84 RGB (35g) | Waiting on: KBD75, & Keycaps.
Wanted:
More
Unknown :).

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #317 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 17:46:44 »
I really wish the bezel wasn't so large, but there are so many big names here that I feel like I need this board. So much hype.  :p

Just save your money.  It sounds like this just isn't your cup of tea.  However.... I still don't think we've seen enough yet to make a solid decision.

« Reply #318 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 18:15:32 »
This is the image that got me excited about the Exent, but I didn't realize they were two different boards. When are we going to see the group buy for this one?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #319 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 18:55:04 »
I'm having such a hard time deciding whether to go with Black or Space Gray. Might have to buy two  :)).

Black goes with everything! If there were rose gold I'd be tempted but it's just so easy and effortless to match any and all keysets (in my opinion) with black; some better some worse, but they all work in their own way.

*gets popcorn* I love fights on forums, so passionate!

Show Image

Space gray is more versatile than black in my opinion. I don't like blue caps on a black board (or purple, green).  Silver is probably most versatile and it can pair with basically any caps.
keyboards.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #320 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 23:06:55 »
This is the image that got me excited about the Exent, but I didn't realize they were two different boards. When are we going to see the group buy for this one?

That is the M-67 private GB, we wont be seeing that one!

Offline quadcube

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 08:44:10 »

Question: since this is based on ps2avrGB firmware and Bootmapper GUI, what keymap would I use if I'm following this tutorial http://blog.winkeyless.kr/183? keymap_gb_B87(EX).hex? Or will the keyboard have it's own keymap and instructions?
no worries, there is a keymap file for it and the instruction might be a little different

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 09:07:08 »
MFW it's Friday.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #323 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 09:18:06 »
MFW it's Friday.

Show Image

Are you like that every Friday?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #324 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 09:32:56 »
Oi, Jua! Stop keeping Exent for yourself, post some pictures please!!!

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline gt1989

« Reply #325 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 09:37:33 »
I really want to see how the Ionic Blue looks like.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #326 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 09:38:44 »
MFW it's Friday.

Show Image

lmao every friday he be like i woke up lyk deez
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #327 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 09:54:10 »
fk la. Jua doesn't want to post them. Here's the only photo I have

My collection

More

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #328 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 09:56:14 »

Show Image

looks great   :eek:

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #329 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:18:55 »
MFW it's Friday.

Show Image

lmao every friday he be like i woke up lyk deez

LOL, god damnit Romevi.

Show Image

Black on black with vintage blacks/black housing. That's exactly the setup I want.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #330 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:22:13 »

Show Image

Black on black with vintage blacks/black housing. That's exactly the setup I want.

Grays  ;D

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #331 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:25:23 »
Grays  ;D

Are those grays? Or do you mean you want grays on yours? Didn't enlarge the picture, looked like vintage blacks to me, I didn't even know grays existed! Looked it up on DT now and they definitely look interesting.

Edit: enlarged the pic on my desktop now (was on my phone), yea those definitely look gray. Cool!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #332 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:26:54 »
Grays  ;D

Are those grays? Or do you mean you want grays on yours? Didn't enlarge the picture, looked like vintage blacks to me, I didn't even know grays existed! Looked it up on DT now and they definitely look interesting.

It's built with grays if you look closely =)

Offline robbles

« Reply #333 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:33:01 »

Show Image

Holy crap. It's perfect. Jua pls.
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #334 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:35:45 »
Removed
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:50:27 by yuktsi »

My collection

More

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #335 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:40:03 »
K. Will leave this here for 15 minutes before he finds out.

Shhhh!

Love.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #336 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:40:21 »
daaaaaaaaanggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg that is cool

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #337 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:45:14 »
ohmagawd

Offline gt1989

« Reply #338 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:47:34 »
K. Will leave this here for 15 minutes before he finds out.

http://i.imgur.com/tD0Bkmp.jpg
Well I was on the fence about this board, but after seeing this I'm all in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #339 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:59:22 »
looks so good, I think people will come around after seeing these built pictures.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #340 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 11:01:25 »

Oh hey twin!  That's my current set-up with my RS78 as well.  I wanted to do something different with this board but as each pic is posted, I can't help but to want to do it again.  Tactile grays might be cool though, too.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 January 2017, 11:21:57 by Pwner »
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline Traveler

« Reply #341 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 11:05:57 »
Removed
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 January 2017, 11:21:14 by Traveler »

Offline losskutleboys

My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline el_mechacontext

• You can find my body in the mechacontext.
« Reply #343 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 11:15:41 »
Someone PM me the pic yuktsi removed.  :p

Done!

me want!

PM me too please!!! I'm so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pok3r MX Clears | CM Storm Stealth MX Blues | Dell AT101W Alps Blacks | Happy Hacking Keyboard Uni 45g | Ortholinear Planck Gateron Blacks

Offline ironpup

• Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #344 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 11:23:45 »

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #345 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 11:26:26 »
Someone PM me the pic yuktsi removed.  :p

Done!

me want!

PM me too please!!! I'm so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I get in on this too?

It was removed from Imgur, link is dead.  :blank:

Offline robbles

« Reply #346 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 11:27:35 »
It is just as beautiful as the renders. They did it.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #347 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 11:34:12 »
Oh hey twin!  That's my current set-up with my RS78 as well.  I wanted to do something different with this board but as each pic is posted, I can't help but to want to do it again.  Tactile grays might be cool though, too.

Haha yea I'm so excited to get that set-up for the Exent, it's so striking. Grays seem a little bit too heavy for me (I'm a red/brown kinda guy, 60g~ Zeals at most) but they do look sick.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #348 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 11:37:57 »

Haha yea I'm so excited to get that set-up for the Exent, it's so striking. Grays seem a little bit too heavy for me (I'm a red/brown kinda guy, 60g~ Zeals at most) but they do look sick.

My first couple boards were reds and browns but they always seemed way too light for me.  Tried out gat blacks which were a bit better but just way too inconsistent for me.  Got some vint blacks and some 78g springs and fell in love.

Offline Biggestmac

« Reply #349 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 11:59:29 »
Damn missed that last picture! Any chance that this board still release this week or has it been pushed into next week?