Author Topic: Post your life any pictures !  (Read 626003 times)

Offline iri

Re: Post your life any pictures !
« Reply #1250 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 13:57:02 »
i tried laws and they were awful. none of these for me, please!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1251 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 17:33:16 »
We may have gone slightly overboard with Christmas lights...  :))

(the entertainment center is nearly a fire hazard)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1252 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 19:32:12 »
We may have gone slightly overboard with Christmas lights...  :))

(the entertainment center is nearly a fire hazard)

Show Image

Nice! The man cave in my basement always ends up being a Christmas light fire hazard  :)) .
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline iri

« Reply #1253 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 03:05:15 »
Isn't Christmas in 1.5 months?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1254 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 07:26:24 »

Offline iri

« Reply #1255 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 08:51:29 »
so you made Christmas lights before all Russia is covered in New Year installations? weeeeird!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1256 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 11:47:10 »
Breakfast this morning:  Apple cinnamon buttermilk pancakes  :thumb:

81710-0
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #1257 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 16:46:37 »
Breakfast this morning:  Apple cinnamon buttermilk pancakes  :thumb:

(Attachment Link)

And now I'm hungry...

Offline iri

« Reply #1258 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 18:10:45 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1259 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 18:27:26 »
Show Image

Dang, dude, sorry.  Will you get some money out of this?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline iri

« Reply #1260 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 18:34:27 »
i won't, unfortunately :D but the left car's owner will. it's mandatory here to have insurance which covers necessary repair in such cases.

by the way, the passenger didn't get any serious injuries :)

-Ray Bradbury

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #1261 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 18:46:14 »
Been to Cologne a few weeks ago and thought I'd share these two. The cathedral is really hard to capture because of its size but I tried :)

Show Image

Quite the dent you made there!
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 January 2015, 06:21:56 by BlueBär »

Offline iri

« Reply #1262 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:43:57 »
Quite the dent you made there!
yeah, the guy who made the dent is a ****ing magician, he drove right into a parked car on a straight safe avenue.
anyway, the front seat passenger in the left car (my wife) got almost no traumas.

also, cologne
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:45:31 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1263 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:50:12 »
Stunning pictures, Iri and BlueBar, makes me want to visit Germany even more. My sister was there last spring for a study abroad program, and was so sad when she had to leave.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:51:53 by Flyersfan1 »
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1264 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 18:26:08 »
Camping tonight.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline osi

« Reply #1265 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 07:56:58 »
81879-0

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1266 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 07:57:29 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1267 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 08:03:35 »
(Attachment Link)

I think I'm most impressed that you managed to stop your car at 200k.  :))  Congrats on the milestone!

Offline osi

« Reply #1268 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 08:42:34 »
(Attachment Link)

84 degrees? I'm so jealous  :'( :'(

I love Fall and Winter in Florida! :D 

(Attachment Link)

I think I'm most impressed that you managed to stop your car at 200k.  :))  Congrats on the milestone!

It worked out perfectly to be in tune with my normal after work stop. Now I should get that airbag recall done before I lose an eye

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1269 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 14:20:05 »
Swedish pancakes at a Swedish restaurant!  To all the Swedes on here, I love your heritage.  (Norwegians too (and the Finns too, I suppose :P ))

The building was constructed in Norway and rebuilt in WI, so it's legit, don't worry.   :thumb:  ;)

Offline iri

« Reply #1270 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 03:48:42 »
and the Finns too, I suppose :P
check out mämmi

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #1271 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 07:18:07 »
Swedish pancakes at a Swedish restaurant!  To all the Swedes on here, I love your heritage.  (Norwegians too (and the Finns too, I suppose :P ))
The food here is pretty nice! The weather on the other hand...

Having glasses sucks, it's nice that they help you see but they're impossible to keep clean.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #1272 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 14:23:09 »
Saw this band called the Arkells about a month ago... Thought I would post this photo here for y'all

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #1273 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 14:32:11 »

Show Image

The building was constructed in Norway and rebuilt in WI, so it's legit, don't worry.   :thumb:  ;)
Show Image

Cool! Can give you a recipe for swedish pancakes!  :thumb:
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1274 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 14:56:49 »
Show Image

Having glasses sucks, it's nice that they help you see but they're impossible to keep clean.

Haha, does it rain a lot in Sweden?  :P

Show Image

Show Image

Cool! Can give you a recipe for swedish pancakes!  :thumb:

That would be excellent!   :thumb:   I know a Finnish family that makes really great Swedish pancakes, but I don't have their recipe.  ;)

Offline iri

« Reply #1275 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 16:21:31 »
The food here is pretty nice!
haha hoho hihihi ololo

it's all because of norskjavlar

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1276 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 12:16:27 »
Already had many free bubble tea drinks from the owner prior to the grand opening... Their pearls are really different since they combine two different pearl sizes and are the perfect chewiness!  :thumb:

« Last Edit: Sat, 22 November 2014, 12:18:21 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline kurukato

• Cars>Keyboards
« Reply #1277 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 21:25:22 »
Had fun with a Hasselblad yesterday

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #1278 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 22:03:05 »
Perfect! since this is a keyboard forum, you guys should at least cringe at this  :p
I got my left index finger caught in a woodsplitter 2 years ago, and now I'm missing about 1/4 of the fingertip (which doesn't sound like a lot, but it's just... gone.) pic for evidence:
[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1279 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 12:23:18 »
Perfect! since this is a keyboard forum, you guys should at least cringe at this  :p
I got my left index finger caught in a woodsplitter 2 years ago, and now I'm missing about 1/4 of the fingertip (which doesn't sound like a lot, but it's just... gone.) pic for evidence:
(Attachment Link)

Nah, that's cool.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1280 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 15:36:36 »
Learned a bit about colors/layers/masking in photoshop so I played with a few of my pictures isolating certain colors or objects

I don't know if I showed you guys another iron pour I went to. The first pictures is a professor using a thermal lance (kinda like a stick of thermite that cuts at around 4500C)

My favorite shot from the entire event!

A pretty artsy shot

How it happened was he overfilled the mold and just poured it on the ground about 5 feet infront of everyone. For sure not very safe since the pour temp was around 2600F

Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1281 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 15:49:00 »
Those eggs look good.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #1282 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 15:49:59 »
Holy cow Beast, that's insane! And awesome!

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #1283 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 15:59:04 »

Nah, that's cool.
Well, then how about this one?
More

82532-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 November 2014, 16:21:51 by jwaz »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1285 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 16:31:47 »
Why did I look at that pic while having BB tea...

Anyways, ever had bubble tea with small, white pearls? :d

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1286 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 16:36:31 »

Show Image

Are those just white tapioca balls?  Personally, I'm not a fan of the tapioca balls to begin with  :p

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #1289 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 16:53:47 »

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1290 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 16:55:36 »

Show Image

Are those just white tapioca balls?  Personally, I'm not a fan of the tapioca balls to begin with  :p

No. They're literally white mini pearls! Just as chewy as regular black pearls. :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1291 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 17:50:51 »
Nah, that's cool.
Well, then how about this one?
(Attachment Link)

PUT THAT **** IN MORE TAGS JESUS
NOW are you cringing?   ;D

lil' bit
And that was a few months into therapy. I've got a whole album of the recovery process, you wanna see?  ;)

We should have a Surgery/Injury Thread.  :P  I've got a few pics I could share...   :rolleyes:

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #1292 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 17:56:52 »
We should have a Surgery/Injury Thread.  :P  I've got a few pics I could share...   :rolleyes:
That's a really good idea, I'd be up for releasing my pictures if we had one  :thumb:

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #1293 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 01:59:16 »
My Fossilized bird egg from the Nebraska/ south Dakota grasslands.  Best specimen I've been able to find.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline MrexD

• aka mrwoodyxd
« Reply #1294 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 15:59:33 »
Something something something blah blah something
Pok3r MX CLears

Offline iri

« Reply #1295 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 16:37:06 »
but that one doesn't tell how exactly you pee!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #1296 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 08:41:21 »
 :-\

email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1297 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 11:08:40 »
:-\

Show Image

Nice!

Are you graduating, or watching the other students graduate?

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #1298 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 11:39:44 »

My workplace, or at least the view from the pier....

Currently, this is my life, outside of my hobbies. Trying to get a name in taxonomy of these beautiful creatures.
ALi
Filco MJ2 TKL MX Browns | KC60 Gateron Browns

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1299 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 12:57:46 »
This is why I love winter.

Cascade Mountain by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr