Author Topic: [GB]GMK Dolch(Fill in the form for address changes)  (Read 206102 times)

Offline lunr

Re: [GB]GMK Dolch(Requesting Invoice)
« Reply #450 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 20:10:47 »
I somewhat liked the x-CMYW. It's a shame that it didn't reach moq :(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #451 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 00:24:36 »
I wonder what keyboard do the three 2u row 4 keys in the add-on kit are for? I just paid for one add-on set because I want to have this set as complete as possible, but I do not know what are these unusual keys for.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #452 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 01:17:25 »
I wonder what keyboard do the three 2u row 4 keys in the add-on kit are for? I just paid for one add-on set because I want to have this set as complete as possible, but I do not know what are these unusual keys for.

Filco minila and xd60 :)

Offline menuhin

« Reply #454 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 04:18:16 »

It's so complete that one can lose track of its completeness...  :p
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #455 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 06:07:55 »

Only the Filco Minila has a 2u Control key, but what the other - blank and shift - 2U keys are for? Are they redundant? Wouldn't that money be best invested buying other more useful keys? A second, spare, 6.25U space bar would rock, wouldn't it?

Edit: I just found that the Ergo-Dox takes up to 4, 2U keys; but, again, this set does not cover the Ergo Dox entirely.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 May 2017, 06:11:01 by ideus »

Offline soilheart

« Reply #456 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 10:42:44 »

Only the Filco Minila has a 2u Control key, but what the other - blank and shift - 2U keys are for? Are they redundant? Wouldn't that money be best invested buying other more useful keys? A second, spare, 6.25U space bar would rock, wouldn't it?

Edit: I just found that the Ergo-Dox takes up to 4, 2U keys; but, again, this set does not cover the Ergo Dox entirely.

I think the blank 2U was added so you wouldn't be required to use a shift as a control on the minila. Not sure why the 2U shift was kept after that though as 2U's shifts are very rare (or old/odd, like the g80-11800) and could probably use the blank 2U...

EDIT: I obviously missed the 2U Control... My point still stands though, I don't see the use of all the special 2U keys, although I feel like it's too late to change the kits now =P Oh, and the blank was added because someone wanted it for planck spacebar it seems... (isn't GMK working on a convex 2u btw?)
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 May 2017, 10:45:31 by soilheart »
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline poolside

« Reply #457 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 10:51:53 »
The R4 Control is actually 1.75u  ;)

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #458 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 11:15:25 »

I think the blank 2U was added so you wouldn't be required to use a shift as a control on the minila. Not sure why the 2U shift was kept after that though as 2U's shifts are very rare (or old/odd, like the g80-11800) and could probably use the blank 2U...

EDIT: I obviously missed the 2U Control... My point still stands though, I don't see the use of all the special 2U keys, although I feel like it's too late to change the kits now =P Oh, and the blank was added because someone wanted it for planck spacebar it seems... (isn't GMK working on a convex 2u btw?)

The 2u shift was a primary driver for me buying this because I'm tired of having to rely on blanks. Yes, it's a rare key but for me, it was a great feature of this set.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #459 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 12:08:12 »

The 2u shift was a primary driver for me buying this because I'm tired of having to rely on blanks. Yes, it's a rare key but for me, it was a great feature of this set.

Ah, I see. G80-11[8/9]00 user? Or some other funky layout?
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #460 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 12:12:33 »

Ah, I see. G80-11[8/9]00 user? Or some other funky layout?

Tinkering with an XD60 layout

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #461 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 12:33:20 »
It is good to know someone will use at least one of them, after all.

Truth be told, the add-on set was out of my radar until recently, when I decided to add it to my order, so please excuse me for raising these concerns this late. However, if the PO is not set yet, there is still some room for making fine adjustments to the sets. We all know that any key wider than one unit is more expensive, so if one or two out of the three 2U keys included could be replaced with something of broader appeal, it worth the time discussing.

The OP can always claim that time for changes is over and that the set layout is written in stone. But, asking will not do any harm, while we can get a few nice useful keys.  ;D

If the three keys have potential use for any of the GB's buyers the issue can be immediately settled. I just would like to know it. Thank you.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 May 2017, 12:36:04 by ideus »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #462 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 21:44:28 »
A heads up and flag rising on a manufacturing quality issue reported by a participant of the GMK Honeywell group buy.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89508.msg2422679#msg2422679

It would be advisable to pass the information to your GMK contact and ask her for implementing preventive quality measures to avoid the error that caused the bad molding on those keys to happen again, particularly with this Dolch Set.

Offline kekkon

« Reply #463 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 03:42:12 »
A heads up and flag rising on a manufacturing quality issue reported by a participant of the GMK Honeywell group buy.

It would be advisable to pass the information to your GMK contact and ask her for implementing preventive quality measures to avoid the error that caused the bad molding on those keys to happen again, particularly with this Dolch Set.

Interesting, let me send an email to GMK and get feedback from them.

Over the weekend, I have compile the final orders quantity and has sent it over to GMK.

Now on the refund for CMYW, for those with CMYW only orders, I will direct refund.

As for those with other kits, what I have in my mind now is that I will use the CMYW as shipping fees when the keycaps arrived. We should able to know what's the price soon when Dolch Reborn start shipping, from there I will refund the remaining throught the ori invoice.

Any comments are welcome on this.

Offline Ultraman

« Reply #464 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 03:50:30 »
Hey Kekkon, I msg'd you about the refunds if we can't opt into extra charges. What's the timeline on that? Thanks

Offline kekkon

« Reply #465 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 05:45:44 »
Hey Kekkon, I msg'd you about the refunds if we can't opt into extra charges. What's the timeline on that? Thanks

Pardon me, but what is your invoice no?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #466 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 06:03:47 »
I know it's tad late, but if anyone wants to part with their base set, I'm gladly buying it.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #467 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 08:07:06 »

Over the weekend, I have compile the final orders quantity and has sent it over to GMK.

Now on the refund for CMYW, for those with CMYW only orders, I will direct refund.

As for those with other kits, what I have in my mind now is that I will use the CMYW as shipping fees when the keycaps arrived. We should able to know what's the price soon when Dolch Reborn start shipping, from there I will refund the remaining throught the ori invoice.

FYI: I have read about an answer on the issue, apparently from GMK, that they consider flash and bad molding defects underneath the cap as cosmetic. That is not acceptable, the reinforcement cross underneath the key cap was included in the original design by Cherry for a reason and having those reinforcements wrong molded is not cosmetic. In the Honeywell set's GB Thread someone wrote that the defect appears to be related with custom colors, I just hope that Dolch is not in that category and no issue would arise. In any case, close communication with GMK is highly advisable. This is the first time this issue arises.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #468 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 09:21:31 »

FYI: I have read about an answer on the issue, apparently from GMK, that they consider flash and bad molding defects underneath the cap as cosmetic. That is not acceptable, the reinforcement cross underneath the key cap was included in the original design by Cherry for a reason and having those reinforcements wrong molded is not cosmetic. In the Honeywell set's GB Thread someone wrote that the defect appears to be related with custom colors, I just hope that Dolch is not in that category and no issue would arise. In any case, close communication with GMK is highly advisable. This is the first time this issue arises.

:eek: We need some other manufacturers to try to kick GMK ass.
Just like how Gateron and others getting some market share of Cherry.
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #469 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 13:07:35 »

:o We need some other manufacturers to try to kick GMK ass.
Just like how Gateron and others getting some market share of Cherry.

It is not known if the answer came from GMK or from the middle man of that other GB Sherryton's, just be aware of it. Our GB leader has direct contact with the manufacturer, so just keeping him informed may help.

Offline kekkon

« Reply #470 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 07:20:00 »
Hi,

I am still waiting for GMK response, I will shoot them an email today to get an update.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #471 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 07:25:28 »
Hi,

I am still waiting for GMK response, I will shoot them an email today to get an update.
Do you think you can add a basekit to the GMK order for me? Thanks in advance.

Offline iArson

« Reply #472 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 09:11:06 »
If the orders haven't been placed is it too late to cancel. Originally on board because I liked the modifiers but without them I might want out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #473 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 09:39:26 »
If the orders haven't been placed is it too late to cancel. Originally on board because I liked the modifiers but without them I might want out.
I'll take your spot for the basekit if kekkon agrees.

Offline iArson

« Reply #474 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 10:44:08 »
I'll take your spot for the basekit if kekkon agrees.
I have more than just a base. I have everything but the add on. I'll message him and see what can be done. How many CYMK short were we

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #475 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 12:35:55 »
How many CYMK short were we
By the look of the first post, nine.

Offline Cantello

« Reply #476 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 07:29:59 »
How many CYMK short were we
By the look of the first post, nine.

If it helps, I'll chime in with a CMYW set.

Offline iArson

« Reply #477 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 10:06:30 »
Yeah I was pretty vocal about buying extra sets, there wasn't really a warning. Just that it didn't make it

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #478 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 11:01:17 »
I would buy back into my set if it's going to make it.

Offline kekkon

« Reply #479 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 07:34:53 »
I have received the invoice and already made a first payment attempt.

As for those who want to refund/modify their orders, I will proceed with these changes next week.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #480 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 08:38:14 »

As for those who want to refund/modify their orders, I will proceed with these changes next week.

Any feedback on fixing the underneath stem's reinforcements defect?

Offline kekkon

« Reply #481 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 08:45:53 »

Not yet, only invoice update till now.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #482 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 09:10:21 »

it would be very disappointing if this nice and special set comes with defects after feedback on a quality issue has been reported to GMK.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #483 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 17:54:33 »
Any chance GMK can make an exception for the CMYW set? We are pretty damn close to the MOQ and have ordered a fair amount of other stuff within this order? I could understand them saying no if it was just the CMYW set on it's own?

Offline menuhin

« Reply #484 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 08:15:51 »

it would be very disappointing if this nice and special set comes with defects after feedback on a quality issue has been reported to GMK.

Perhaps GH, DT, and /r/mk can make a joint online petition addressed to GMK. If pinned on top, hope there'll be at least a few hundard signatures.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #485 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 10:17:37 »
Not a bad idea joining to get GMK attention. The problem that may come first is that some fellows have been very vocal on the defect not being a defect, to start with. I have checked the OG Cherry sets that I have and none has the defect and considering that these sets are not cheap, even for mechanical keyboard stuff standards, it is something none acceptable. But vendors and manufacturers may side with those that have already dismissed this problem as not being a problem. What else could be easier than just stating that this is not a problem.

I think, that at least this upcoming manufacturing lot should be requested to be defect free. If our GB leader achieves a defect free manufacturing lot, it may be a strong precedent for future productions that they should also be free of these nasty defects. What may be better than a demonstration with evidence that these GMK made sets could be as nice as any old OG Cherry made one.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 May 2017, 10:19:13 by ideus »

Offline shensmobile

« Reply #486 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 10:18:20 »
Ah, due to poor circumstances, I need to back out of my order.  Is there anyone out there who would like to take over my order if Kekkon is unable to refund me?  I just have an order for the base set+CC space bars.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #487 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 12:32:58 »
I also need to find someone to take my spot if I can't be refunded. I have the base + CC spacebars + addons. PM me if interested.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 May 2017, 06:44:15 by wholypantalones »

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #488 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 14:34:53 »
Ah, due to poor circumstances, I need to back out of my order.  Is there anyone out there who would like to take over my order if Kekkon is unable to refund me?  I just have an order for the base set+CC space bars.
I will.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #489 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 08:42:57 »
if someone want to sell thier spot

-Dolch Icon      
-Dolch AddOn

please PM me thanks :)

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #490 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 14:10:12 »

-Dolch Icon      
-Dolch AddOn

I am looking to sell my spot as well, pmed!

For clarity, I have the base + addons + CC spacebars kits.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 May 2017, 14:13:08 by -musubi »

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #491 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 22:13:49 »

-Dolch Icon      
-Dolch AddOn

I am looking to sell my spot as well, pmed!

For clarity, I have the base + addons + CC spacebars kits.

go pm-ing kekkon about this ;)

Offline Arcsxum

« Reply #492 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 23:25:52 »
Hey kekkon,

Any update on a ship date? I only ordered the TU2 spacebar if that helps you determine a time frame.
If not or depending on the date, I might want a refund.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #493 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 00:46:09 »
dang.... I'm sad I slacked so much on keyboards... totally woulda gotten one of everything and two x-CMYW if they had hit MOQ >_<.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #494 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 09:13:31 »
I think today is a good time for an update. It seems people needs it badly. Even a simple statement on the state of affairs may help.

Offline kekkon

« Reply #495 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 11:38:02 »
Sorry for hiatus for a week, I am just coming back from China.

The invoice has been paid, and we are now waiting for GMK confirmation on this, should be done within this week.

It is now 12:30am here, so I won't be able to reply any PM for now.

Offline lee jeong woo

« Reply #496 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 11:49:26 »
We waited too long.

Can you get it before summer is over?

Offline Arcsxum

« Reply #497 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 00:23:08 »
Hey kekkon,

Is it possible for me to get a refund? I only ordered the TU2 spacebar.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #498 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 01:36:39 »
We waited too long.

No we didn't, it's not how this works
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline kekkon

« Reply #499 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 07:35:41 »
We waited too long.

I expect this will be shipped on September/2017, but I am not sure if it is still summer.