Author Topic: AEBOARDS CONSTELLATION 65%  (Read 281406 times)

Offline pickoloh

Re: [IC] CONSTELLATION 65%
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 15:52:52 »
This looks beautiful, very interested in this.
k e e b

Offline menuhin

« Reply #301 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 05:39:35 »
Interested

A point about the plate design:
The fixed layout has split-backspace and the plate still offers a 2u backspace slot.

May as well be a hotswap PCB if the layout is fixed.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline tazercow

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 01:00:06 »
Interested

The fixed layout has split-backspace and the plate still offers a 2u backspace slot.

The plate design and keyboard layout diagram implies that either 2u or split backspace is possible.  @aeryxz can you confirm this?  Maybe post a pic of the pcb?

Offline caronte0

« Reply #303 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 04:49:40 »
You guys have a beautiful design here and I am really enjoying the weight design also.

I don't believe you will have any issues hitting MOQ that's for sure.

GLW everything, I would love to add one of these to my collection.

Mike

We won't have a problem because we set the MOQ and have bought out all the units. It will be instock when available to the public. This model works better for you as WE take on the risk, and is far more customer friendly than group buys. Keep in mind we are only 3 people doing this as a hobby part time, and still manage to raise the capital required for such a project...
Maybe i'm wrong but when you say "It will be instock when available to the public", that means the is it first come , first served?

Offline caronte0

« Reply #304 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 04:54:56 »
Super interested in this board. The space grey is a dark grey or a light grey?
The different mounting styles is a super nice feature.
Also 150 it's a really low number, there is a LOT, and i really mean A LOT of interest in this board, maybe after first batch (and all the winners have recieved their boards) you should made a GB with a 24h window, or something like that.
Also is there a discord to follow the process?

Offline poyenc

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 22:31:03 »
great

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 22:43:16 »
Interested

The layout is fixed with 2 exceptions of the caps and split backspace.

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/f67c44dc3cd9d7ff552fb7e10076240e

No hotswap since the team prefers soldered components, maybe later down the track.

Also 150 it's a really low number, there is a LOT, and i really mean A LOT of interest in this board, maybe after first batch (and all the winners have recieved their boards) you should made a GB with a 24h window, or something like that.

We can always machine more later on. 150 is a lot for an instock (no gb) item, and it's our biggest project yet, but I'm sure with time we can scale up.

You guys have a beautiful design here and I am really enjoying the weight design also.

I don't believe you will have any issues hitting MOQ that's for sure.

GLW everything, I would love to add one of these to my collection.

Mike

We won't have a problem because we set the MOQ and have bought out all the units. It will be instock when available to the public. This model works better for you as WE take on the risk, and is far more customer friendly than group buys. Keep in mind we are only 3 people doing this as a hobby part time, and still manage to raise the capital required for such a project...
Maybe i'm wrong but when you say "It will be instock when available to the public", that means the is it first come , first served?

Yes, waves of stock will be up on our vendor website, keyboard treehouse.

keyboardtreehouse.com/discord
It's a darker gray.

@aeryxz how's the FnF/prototype batch going?

yeah, the influencer red is really gorgeous!

Same batch as public - they're doing through annodisation at the moment. So hopefully will start shipping out in the next month I'm hoping.

Offline thestateofmay

« Reply #307 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 00:05:02 »
I may have missed this somewhere, but we'll be notified days before the GB correct? I'd imagine It'd get grabbed up quickly given the number of slots.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #308 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 01:00:34 »
I may have missed this somewhere, but we'll be notified days before the GB correct? I'd imagine It'd get grabbed up quickly given the number of slots.

Yeah just join the discord or follow us on instagram.

Offline thestateofmay

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 02:06:05 »

Yeah just join the discord or follow us on instagram.

Where is the Discord link?

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 02:35:57 »
keyboardtreehouse.com/discord or @aeboards

Offline DZSlasher

« Reply #311 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 13:37:10 »
This looks awesome! Great work! Hoping to be able to pick one up when they are available.

Offline jontseg

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 12:17:26 »
Added to the list of 65% keyboards I attempt to nab this year. Good luck!

Offline Voidec

• Tip of the Spear
« Reply #313 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 11:44:36 »
Im really interested in this. Looking forward to putting my order in when it becomes available.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #314 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 00:03:41 »
Update: Annodisation is almost done.
We're getting to the finish line soon(tm) - it took a little longer than we wanted but that's the situation of things in 2020.

Once they're ready and packed, they'll reach us in Sydney. We'll spend time doing our internal QC and making sure that we have some boards we're happy to sell and send out.

The first wave of units will be the FNF GB - these will be shipped out first.

The next wave of units will be on the keyboard treehouse website. We'll definitely post information about release schedule when we have them in stock. We'll do multiple waves of times for releasing units, so that at least one of the windows will be around your prime time. We like doing waves of releases as it helps us manage and pack things at the rate we feel comfortable with, and it allows people multiple chances to try snag one. We'll put a limit of 1 per person for now.

We plan to have 150 units for instock public sale, with additional accessories. We'll also have accessories in sale from waves. The standard kit should give you everything you need to toy around with your base line experience - and don't worry if you miss out on accessories, we'll fast follow with additional accessories if there is a demand for it.

We'll probably do another round of PCBS with additional layout support, plates of other various materials (POM is a new favourite of mine, using it in the EXT65) and accent colours.
Please join the keyboard treehouse discord (keyboardtreehouse.com/discord) to keep up to date, and be part of the constellation conversation when it happens, as I'm keen to find out what people like, and what accessories are most in demand.

Until then, hope everyone has enjoyed the naevy switches (R2 will be soon, just making minor adjustments based on the first round of feedback), and EXT65r2 PCBs (I loved seeing people make their own cases for this great layout) - and we'll have more news soon(tm)

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #315 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 00:13:48 »
Oooo buddy. Getting closer!

Offline mechmafia

« Reply #316 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 03:17:11 »
I'm very interested in this keyboard :cool:
Is it possible for me to know the specs of the dimensions of this keyboard somewhere?

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #317 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 04:08:41 »
I'm very interested in this keyboard :cool:
Is it possible for me to know the specs of the dimensions of this keyboard somewhere?

It's a very standard 65% layout, so it'll be basically the same size as most other 65% layout keyboards - about 13" wide x 5" front to back (about 33 cm x 12.5 cm).
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2020, 04:10:43 by bakuretsu »

Offline eczactly

« Reply #318 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 09:25:10 »
We're getting to the finish line soon(tm) - it took a little longer than we wanted but that's the situation of things in 2020.

Once they're ready and packed, they'll reach us in Sydney. We'll spend time doing our internal QC and making sure that we have some boards we're happy to sell and send out.

opens mailbox
closes mailbox
opens mailbox
closes mailbox
opens mailbox

Offline etong415

« Reply #319 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 14:17:25 »

The next wave of units will be on the keyboard treehouse website. We'll definitely post information about release schedule when we have them in stock. We'll do multiple waves of times for releasing units, so that at least one of the windows will be around your prime time. We like doing waves of releases as it helps us manage and pack things at the rate we feel comfortable with, and it allows people multiple chances to try snag one. We'll put a limit of 1 per person for now.

We plan to have 150 units for instock public sale, with additional accessories. We'll also have accessories in sale from waves. The standard kit should give you everything you need to toy around with your base line experience - and don't worry if you miss out on accessories, we'll fast follow with additional accessories if there is a demand for it.

We'll probably do another round of PCBS with additional layout support, plates of other various materials (POM is a new favourite of mine, using it in the EXT65) and accent colours.
Please join the keyboard treehouse discord (keyboardtreehouse.com/discord) to keep up to date, and be part of the constellation conversation when it happens, as I'm keen to find out what people like, and what accessories are most in demand.

Until then, hope everyone has enjoyed the naevy switches (R2 will be soon, just making minor adjustments based on the first round of feedback), and EXT65r2 PCBs (I loved seeing people make their own cases for this great layout) - and we'll have more news soon(tm)
What plate materials will be offered in the initial purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #320 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 14:45:04 »
Did you really need to quote the entire update to ask that?

Offline Oddstag

« Reply #321 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 15:14:06 »
Did you really need to quote the entire update to ask that?

What, we paying by the pixel here?

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #322 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 15:24:04 »
Clogging up the post with unnecessary blocks of text makes searching through it harder in the future.

Offline KurageOuji

« Reply #323 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 16:02:55 »
Clogging up the post with unnecessary blocks of text makes searching through it harder in the future.

the irony.

Offline jediknight

« Reply #324 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 18:55:22 »
so niceeeeeeeee

Offline eczactly

« Reply #325 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 17:08:18 »
Ladies and Gentlemen, we got'em.

Offline dRpkebs

« Reply #326 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 17:27:29 »

I need this nowwww!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline Kings

« Reply #327 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 17:47:09 »

My body is ready

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #328 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 18:33:15 »

Man, those colors and plate options. Definitely an endgame 65% if I can get my hands on it. Hope I can get it for retail :x
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #329 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 18:45:12 »
Nice

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 19:58:34 »

N E Video Avail?

Yes.

Offline lushiie

« Reply #331 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 20:29:03 »

Offline aadk5

• AKA: feeebleminded
« Reply #332 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 20:37:13 »

FINALLY! I really NEED a blue one in my life. Typically not into blockers on 65s, so this styling is perfect for me. I'm assuming we can order additional accent pieces to mix and match them when the time comes?

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #333 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 22:24:48 »

Stunning! Ngl I was pretty nervous during the Tower build  :eek:

Offline __init__

« Reply #334 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 22:44:23 »
I hope this isn't a dumb question but on the website it says it will be an in-stock board, does that mean it will be available year-round? Or available in batches year-round?

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 22:45:59 »
I hope this isn't a dumb question but on the website it says it will be an in-stock board, does that mean it will be available year-round? Or available in batches year-round?

They will have a limited number of units available for purchase right away, unlike a typical GB where you place an order and wait months for the board.

Offline premise_

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 22:48:22 »

Stunning! Ngl I was pretty nervous during the Tower build  :eek:

Yes.

Offline __init__

« Reply #337 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 23:15:52 »

They will have a limited number of units available for purchase right away, unlike a typical GB where you place an order and wait months for the board.
Does that mean that there is a possibility for a traditional group buy in the future?

Offline deedz

« Reply #338 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 01:13:06 »
Noob question for you guys.

In the video, the gasket mounted method shows the gap between the top aluminum piece and the bottom aluminum piece when he compresses it to show the compression.  ( @ 5:34)

Does that mean if mounted in gasket form, the keyboard will always have that gap when the build is completed?

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #339 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 01:32:14 »

In the video, the gasket mounted method shows the gap between the top aluminum piece and the bottom aluminum piece when he compresses it to show the compression.  ( @ 5:34)

Does that mean if mounted in gasket form, the keyboard will always have that gap when the build is completed?

That's just to show how much the gasket gets compressed by the case when you screw the top and bottom together. Bigger gap before compression = stiffer feeling plate.

Offline deedz

« Reply #340 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 01:48:20 »

That's just to show how much the gasket gets compressed by the case when you screw the top and bottom together. Bigger gap before compression = stiffer feeling plate.

Hahaha wow. Well I have definitely been educated.

Really appreciate the response  :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2020, 11:11:06 by deedz »

Offline Nvr_Smile

« Reply #341 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 08:13:57 »
Have prices been determined? On the board itself and extra such as the 4.5mm plates, ect.

Offline briyun

« Reply #342 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 10:43:06 »
would love to know which mount is preferred by the creator himself!

Offline break

« Reply #343 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 08:43:25 »
Have prices been determined? On the board itself and extra such as the 4.5mm plates, ect.

Prices have not yet been publicly released, no. You can check the website for those details, and they'll surely be posted here when ready.

Offline Lastpadawan

• Product design team and Vendor | LastPadawan.Store
    • LastPadawan Store
« Reply #344 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 23:36:42 »
I really like how elegant this looks and doubly love the choice to use 'constellation." It's one of my favorite words haha. Looking forward to seeing more updates on this.

Offline isot0nic

« Reply #345 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 22:01:34 »
How do I get this? Im new to the Mech keyboard scene, this would be my first board :)

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 22:02:36 »
How do I get this? Im new to the Mech keyboard scene, this would be my first board :)

Who's going to tell him?

Offline isot0nic

« Reply #347 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 22:07:00 »

Who's going to tell him?

This is not a good sign...

Offline isot0nic

« Reply #348 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 22:15:51 »

Who's going to tell him?

This is not a good sign...

Ok nevermind, just read through the post a bit. Hope to nab one at retail, thank you

Offline jubei

« Reply #349 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 22:24:25 »
Welcome to the community. Lock up your wallet =) Else, have fun with it