Author Topic: [GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (CLOSED)  (Read 494034 times)

Offline swangful

Re: [GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (Closed for orders. Manufacturing phase.)
« Reply #1050 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 17:09:51 »
Seriously, this is where I come for updates for moon :D

Anodizing has become a longer process than any of us have expected. EVE had to purchase and set up a new sand spraying machine and get it done right.. He just completed and sent out whole bunch of Moon boards for Chinese GB. So hopefully Mira is the next and than Moon boards for GH GB. Again, I'm sorry about the long wait.

No worries, just glad to get updates. :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (Closed for orders. Manufacturing phase.)
« Reply #1051 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 17:39:53 »
Seriously, this is where I come for updates for moon :D

Anodizing has become a longer process than any of us have expected. EVE had to purchase and set up a new sand spraying machine and get it done right.. He just completed and sent out whole bunch of Moon boards for Chinese GB. So hopefully Mira is the next and than Moon boards for GH GB. Again, I'm sorry about the long wait.

No worries, just glad to get updates. :)

^^

agree with this
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1052 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 23:37:36 »
I didnt realize there was any spraying involved with aluminum anodizing  :p
Thanks for the status though.
-Dana

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1053 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 09:40:42 »

That would be the sandblasting part for surface prep.  The texture you see on anodized surfaces is due to the finish prior to anodizing, as the actual anodized layer is only microns thick.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1054 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 13:48:48 »

That would be the sandblasting part for surface prep.  The texture you see on anodized surfaces is due to the finish prior to anodizing, as the actual anodized layer is only microns thick.

"microns thick" is a bit of an oxymoron, but i dig
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline klayyan

« Reply #1055 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 22:48:17 »
Looking to buy a pink, blue,red, or grey keyboard if anyone is looking to transfer. Preferably WKL, but it doesn't much matter. Let me know, thanks!

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1056 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 06:42:24 »
Reason for delay:
multifactorial but the current delay is due to anodizing.
EVE moved his shop and has some new equipment. After finishing blue,grey, and pink were off. Black and silver were fine.
Blue seems to have been corrected so blue, black, and silver are currently being anodized.
Grey and pink - colors may be good but he took pictures with a cell phone in bright light so we are waiting on good pictures. After we get those if the colors are good those colors will start. Boards are made, anodizing is the only hold up.

I apologize about the duration of this group buy. It is my first and I've learned alot. Assuming I do others I will have my "ducks in a row" before I begin.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #1057 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 06:53:15 »
Reason for delay:
EVE moved his shop and has some new equipment. After finishing blue,grey, and pink were off. Black and silver were fine.
Blue seems to have been corrected so blue, black, and silver are currently being anodized.
Grey and pink - colors may be good but he took pictures with a cell phone in bright light so we are waiting on good pictures. After we get those if the colors are good those colors will start. Boards are made, anodizing is the only hold up.

I apologize about the duration of this group buy. It is my first and I've learned alot. Assuming I do others I will have my "ducks in a row" before I begin.
Everythings seemed fine for far despite the delays, some things you just cannot change.
As long as shipping is fast with no delays I'll be very happy with how this has gone.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1058 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 11:07:13 »
Reason for delay:

Thanks for the update. Explains a lot.

Hopefully this will be done soon, seems like we're in the home stretch now.

Offline Calza

« Reply #1059 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 11:27:38 »
If any one would like to sell on their space in this GB I am interested

Offline ns90

« Reply #1060 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 13:24:15 »
Given all the delays, it still seems like nothing absolutely terrible has happened, so that's pretty good. I am excited that we're (hopefully) getting close to actually having them though.

Offline avid

« Reply #1061 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 13:38:09 »
Im also looking for a WKL board, so if anyone want to transfer, let me know!  :thumb:

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #1062 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 19:10:11 »
Reason for delay:

I first put in to the MIRA almost 2 and a half years ago. Long before you took over and this buy started I was already writing it off as a loss.

The fact that you got the board to where it is now is seriously appreciated by me and I am sure by many others! Excited for the numpad and will definitely be joining that buy too if you decide to run it.
Thanks again and I've already waited this long for the board I have no problem waiting a bit more to get everything perfect :thumb:
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline klayyan

« Reply #1063 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 21:04:01 »
Still looking for blue, pink Mira SE, prefer wkl, if you want to transfer, let me know, thanks!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1064 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 01:28:57 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90379.msg2517807#msg2517807

Does this mean MIRA updates soon?

Silver orders will go out first probably the rest follows shortly after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is the part where i remember i got a pink plate as well, and regret it for only a moment
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 November 2017, 01:35:54 by Puddsy »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1065 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 19:24:59 »
Never regret the pink!  Pink is the master color.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1066 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 19:40:24 »
Never regret the pink!  Pink is the master color.

truly is

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1067 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 19:57:56 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1068 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 20:34:26 »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1069 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 20:35:23 »
wew :ahegao:

Offline bciamny

« Reply #1070 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 22:32:54 »
the pink mira looks lighter than the preproduction run.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1071 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 22:36:20 »
There was one prototype made, which we agreed upon based on photographs, and then for some reason reproducing that was difficult.  But also there's the issue of photograph quality, both for the prototype and for this case you see in the picture above: it might well be a bit darker in person as well as a different shade (lighting quality and color temperature of the bulbs or natural light make a big difference in appearance of anodized aluminum).  Personally I like what I see above (and I'm one of the few people who ordered pink).  The intended shade was a muted light pink.

Offline bciamny

« Reply #1072 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 22:49:01 »
i see. i think of the prototype as a metallic pink whereas the recent picture as more pink/purple.

i think we're in the club of cool kids photo, with the pink boards :)

Offline iArson

« Reply #1073 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 22:49:27 »
I actually now slightly regret not getting pink.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1074 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 23:17:22 »
i see. i think of the prototype as a metallic pink whereas the recent picture as more pink/purple.

Wait, "metallic pink" is a color?  :))  On my calibrated photography monitor, I don't see any purple in that shade of pink.  Just a cooler-toned light pink. It looks like the pic was taken with some daylight illumination.  Warm indoor lighting will give a more peachy tint.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 November 2017, 23:18:54 by Photoelectric »

Offline bciamny

« Reply #1075 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 23:28:20 »
hehe i guess metallic pink is a color to me alone then. i'm sure it'll be interesting to see how it looks in different lighting. i think cooler toned is probably accurate but it still appears to border closer to a lilac to me.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1076 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 00:00:28 »

Wait, "metallic pink" is a color?  :))  On my calibrated photography monitor, I don't see any purple in that shade of pink.  Just a cooler-toned light pink. It looks like the pic was taken with some daylight illumination.  Warm indoor lighting will give a more peachy tint.

it's pink and i like it

Offline aquafreshfan

« Reply #1077 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 08:53:41 »
God damn I regret not getting pink, that looks stunning :eek:
Revo RJ  |  Mira SE  |  Noxary 268  |  Red Scarf II+ Ver.c

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #1078 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 10:31:14 »
gd i want every color

Offline klayyan

« Reply #1079 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 08:27:38 »
Looking for Blue, Pink Mira Se, prefer WKL. If you want to transfer it, let me know. Thanks!

Offline Will_26

« Reply #1080 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 05:17:04 »
Hey! Sorry If I've missed an answer to this already. Any idea when we will be invoiced for shipping? :) Cheers!

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1081 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 01:42:34 »
Hey! Sorry If I've missed an answer to this already. Any idea when we will be invoiced for shipping? :) Cheers!

"12 to 16 weeks" ;)
-Dana

Offline aquafreshfan

« Reply #1082 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 09:26:18 »

"12 to 16 weeks" ;)

We passed that deadline 4 months ago though. I think that they won't invoice for shipping until production finishes, so hopefully soon!
Revo RJ  |  Mira SE  |  Noxary 268  |  Red Scarf II+ Ver.c

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1083 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 09:58:21 »
right. it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at the fact none of the time frames have been accurate this year (well, except Duck and LZ)
-Dana

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1084 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 11:48:53 »
right. it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at the fact none of the time frames have been accurate this year (well, except Duck and LZ)

Duck and LZ don't exactly have clean records this year either, but that's a list for another time.

It's not a GB without delays.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1085 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 15:23:39 »
Sorry guys :(  Just asked again for an update on beginning shipping.  As soon as we hear back, we'll let you know!  I really hope the long wait will be very worth it in the end (I'm really looking forward to getting my kit as well).

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1086 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 19:22:05 »
If anyone would like to pick up a kit, there's a slot available for the following configuration:

- winkeyless top
- gray top and bottom
- gray alu switch plate
- brass weight
- extra steel plate
- 1 extra PCB

Please send me a PM if you're interested in taking over this order.

EDIT: transfer is pending.  Thanks for everyone's interest. 
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 November 2017, 22:16:18 by Photoelectric »

Offline iArson

« Reply #1087 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 19:26:36 »
Oh very lucky for someone trying to pick one up!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Ponkan

« Reply #1088 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 23:49:50 »
If anyone giving up their slot, pls pm me! Thanks!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1089 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 01:49:47 »
E8 shipped

MIRA vs Dolphin

i'm so excited for this board

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #1090 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 01:50:38 »
E8 shipped

MIRA vs Dolphin

not even a competition

dolphin is shipping in the spring
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline Sissy

« Reply #1091 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 01:52:07 »
E8 shipped

MIRA vs Dolphin

Mira vs 910CE for me, if all things go well they should be very very close together

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1092 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 02:14:53 »
E8 shipped

MIRA vs Dolphin

Mira vs 910CE for me, if all things go well they should be very very close together

hope not, don't know if i can afford shipping on both right now lol

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1093 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 02:53:35 »
Reason for delay:

I kissed my deposit on this board goodbye a long time ago; I still can't believe it's actually being made. You're a damn rockstar, don't let anyone tell you different. Any future group buys you decide to run automatically have my interest.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1094 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 04:54:03 »
EVE said last night he's waiting on the custom boxes!!!

I've asked for pictures of multiple boards.
Closer to release - I think!!!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1095 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 11:45:09 »
EVE said last night he's waiting on the custom boxes!!!

I've asked for pictures of multiple boards.
Closer to release - I think!!!

YES

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #1096 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 11:50:29 »
MIRA CE that come with no-diffuser when?  :rolleyes:

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1097 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 12:19:33 »

That's the O'Mira.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #1098 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 12:20:33 »

That's the O'Mira.

Those Damned O'mira bois!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1099 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 12:23:05 »

That's the O'Mira.

Those Damned O'mira bois!

The O'Mira boys ride again!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)