Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 766699 times)

Offline Marvellion

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1150 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 02:58:39 »
Hi Juahenza, is there any update on the expected shipping date for the polycarbonate bottoms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We gonna start working on it next week. Got procrasinated a little because we couldn't find a good place to sort and pack. But the owner of the cnc manu is kind enough to lend us a place at his factory office now. Just bought some tables yesterday and have most of the things sorted.
Please post some photos while shipping :)

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1151 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:04:53 »
We gonna start working on it next week. Got procrasinated a little because we couldn't find a good place to sort and pack. But the owner of the cnc manu is kind enough to lend us a place at his factory office now. Just bought some tables yesterday and have most of the things sorted.

Wonderful. Thank you for giving us an update with substance, very much looking forward to hearing of further developments next week!

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #1152 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:19:18 »
Thanks for the update! I hope the alu bottom will ship before 2018!  :cool:

Offline Marutks

« Reply #1153 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:33:33 »
I missed this GB!  Are you going to do R2?

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #1154 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 09:34:49 »
I missed this GB!  Are you going to do R2?

There will be extras available.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1155 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 17:36:59 »
update???

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1156 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 21:27:44 »
I’m curious as well, I got all hyped thinking I was getting it this month. Any updates?

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1157 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 23:17:39 »
I’m curious as well, I got all hyped thinking I was getting it this month. Any updates?

Based on Juanhenzas last comment, Maybe they are packing, maybe they are not. No photos, no updates on polycarb, etc.

Offline Koojahyung

• 안녕하세요.
« Reply #1158 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 02:18:56 »
 update something Plz,juahenja. (with picture possible..)
All of us are eager to updates, because excepting alu bottom and delivery. almost works are done. isn't it?
many people are sensitive about their delivery progress. (and also bottom picture.)

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #1159 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 02:34:36 »
I'm pretty sure packing and managing nearly 250 (the MOQ?) keyboards with their tops and bottoms, PCBs and all the other tiny stuff is extraordinarily hard and my hat is off to you guys, and also and the need of a big space to pack is a quite serious issue but taking just a few pictures and saying "It's all good" or "There are some issues" shouldn't require us to write here about it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 November 2017, 02:58:20 by Marvellion »

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #1160 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 03:30:05 »
We just done assembling 50+ boards (uploading the bootloader, qc all the parts and putting them together). Jua will take pic and post later.

email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline energyd

« Reply #1161 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 07:39:44 »
Is it possible to let you guys assemble the keyboard for me? Will have to find someone else to do it for me since I don't have a soldering iron now. Will pay the extra cost.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #1162 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 08:25:24 »
Is it possible to let you guys assemble the keyboard for me? Will have to find someone else to do it for me since I don't have a soldering iron now. Will pay the extra cost.

I think you'd have better luck finding someone local to do it for you, depending on where you live. You should ask on /r/mechmarket when your Exent arrives. I think Juahenza and Yuktsi have enough on there plates with shipping and stuff.  :))
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #1163 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 09:02:43 »
Where do you live?

Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline energyd

« Reply #1164 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 09:52:56 »
Where do you live?

NYC area

Offline rempire

« Reply #1165 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 10:48:38 »
Where do you live?

NYC area
I'm in NYC area, I can build it for you.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #1166 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 10:51:31 »
I'm in Toronto, I would love to connect with someone to help me with this. I've got a couple Primecaps offshoots I could throw in. Plus love and extras.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1167 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 10:57:27 »
We just done assembling 50+ boards (uploading the bootloader, qc all the parts and putting them together). Jua will take pic and post later.

How many left?

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1168 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 13:39:53 »

So if we got the premium with polycarb, are we getting them this month? Thanks for the updates!  :D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1169 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 16:05:36 »
I'm in Toronto, I would love to connect with someone to help me with this. I've got a couple Primecaps offshoots I could throw in. Plus love and extras.

PM 27 (of mech27)

He'll help you connect with Canadians.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #1170 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 16:17:25 »

PM 27 (of mech27)

He'll help you connect with Canadians.

Awe thank you, I'll be sure to do that.

Offline Gdubb90

« Reply #1171 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 17:41:20 »

Any word on those pics?
  ///    /// 

Offline energyd

« Reply #1172 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 23:49:33 »
Where do you live?

oh cool, I will pm u once the board arrive

NYC area
I'm in NYC area, I can build it for you.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1173 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 03:20:47 »
How's the status on the alu bottoms?
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline Gettys

« Reply #1174 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 21:18:15 »
We never did get those photos, any chance we're going to have a solid ship date in the near future?

Offline g_ken92

« Reply #1175 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:36:03 »
waiting patiently for the pics. judging by the recent updates, hopefully the keyboards are ready to be sent by the end of this month. will be travelling often after this :/

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1176 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 11:57:44 »
Juahenza what is your malfunction? Everything going on lately points to a problem with the groupbuy. Is there one? Are you deliberately withholding information? Because it's getting hard to not see it that way, given that we haven't seen any pictures in months, we aren't provided with good or consistent updates, and you've missed every single ship date estimate.

IF there are problems, you need to tell us what they are. Spare no details.

IF there are no problems, you need to do one of two things. Either

A) Provide at minimum weekly updates, with pictures, absolutely without fail.

B) Hand communication over to someone who can do the above.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 12:01:49 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline leoparder

« Reply #1177 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 12:04:49 »
I agree that communication should not be taken lightly when doing group buys like this. People paying for a product are right to ask for minimum transparency regarding their order.

All we want is for everything to work, so please, let us know how it is going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1178 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 12:14:33 »
Not to rile up the pitchforks, I personally am perfectly confident things are getting assembled and sorted as Yuktsi said they were seeing as I trust him but for those that are seemingly more annoyed/worried than I am - taking a picture of a stack of keyboards and posting it here literally takes all of 2 minutes, if that, really should not be that hard to comply so hopefully we see something concrete within the next couple days.

Offline demorior

« Reply #1179 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 12:57:53 »
this has unfortunately been the trend for this GB. the exent is a beautiful piece of kit but i doubt i will be joining further GBs run by Juahenza.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Data

« Reply #1180 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 13:10:31 »
I wonder how RAMA, TGR, and Originative feel about having their names attached to this project.

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #1181 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 13:10:41 »
Here we are, with double the predicted production time having passed, and with very few updates and hardly any information on when they might actually ship.

Very disappointing, to say the least.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1182 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 13:12:10 »
Juahenza what is your malfunction? Everything going on lately points to a problem with the groupbuy. Is there one? Are you deliberately withholding information? Because it's getting hard to not see it that way, given that we haven't seen any pictures in months, we aren't provided with good or consistent updates, and you've missed every single ship date estimate.

Not just Juahenza. This buy has other partners that are damaging their reputations, whether or not they realize it, by allowing this to continue to run as poorly as it is.

TARO, remember?

Yuktsi, Sherryton, RAMA, it's time to step up and get Juahenza back on track or replaced.

No one is saying "ship our boards tomorrow or else" but damn it give us a straight answer on what's going on and when shipping in starting.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1183 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 13:44:32 »

Not just Juahenza. This buy has other partners that are damaging their reputations, whether or not they realize it, by allowing this to continue to run as poorly as it is.

TARO, remember?

Yuktsi, Sherryton, RAMA, it's time to step up and get Juahenza back on track or replaced.

No one is saying "ship our boards tomorrow or else" but damn it give us a straight answer on what's going on and when shipping in starting.

Yeah I agree. Those guys' names were plastered all over this GB when it was just starting, now where are they?

And, right, I'm not trying to make any unreasonable request. Just actual, tangible information. I feel completely in the dark right now.

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #1184 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:03:10 »
I can say that there is very little these designers can do once the product goes beyond their scope. RAMA as a designer of the board would have very little influence on production, and I promise they are waiting for their boards as much as us. There should be something more concrete though, I agree with that. I'll reach out to RAMA and see if he has any input.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:11:52 by zurikade »

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1185 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:05:09 »
And I just opened a topic in the Originative subforum asking Sherry to try to get us a legit update.

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #1186 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:12:24 »
Ah we have finally reached that phase of the group buy again.

It is the same in nearly every group buy i ever joined. The information flow has very seldomly been perfect and close to nothing arrived on time. However I have always received what I payed for.

Calm down people, relax a bit!

Asking for updates is not a sin but there is no need to question the existence of the boards. Plenty pictures during anodising and of the pcb were posted.

Your boards will arrive...

If we are lucky maybe even before Christmas.

Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #1187 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:18:18 »

It is the same in nearly every group buy i ever joined. The information flow has very seldomly been perfect and close to nothing arrived on time. However I have always received what I payed for.

Asking for updates is not a sin but there is no need to question the existence of the boards. Plenty pictures during anodising and of the pcb were posted.

This is the truest truth. Let's all take a deep breath and stare at that empty space on our desk until the time is ripe.

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #1188 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:45:56 »
Simmer down guys. I do agree we haven’t been provided with enough updates, and maybe someone’s a little tuckered out, but we’re almost there. I guess he’s busy making sure to dot the i's and cross the t's. I wish we could get it before December.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1189 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:54:21 »

That's great and all, but maybe give realistic estimates. "June," then "October," and now "maybe before Christmas" are slaps in the face to us.

Offline Data

« Reply #1190 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:04:37 »
Simmer down guys. I do agree we haven’t been provided with enough updates, and maybe someone’s a little tuckered out, but we’re almost there. I guess he’s busy making sure to dot the i's and cross the t's. I wish we could get it before December.

I am constantly amazed by the willingness of some GB participants to bend over and take it in the ass, repeatedly, when a particular buy is months behind schedule and the communication from its organizers is generously described as "piss poor".  This kind of bull**** is unfortunately rampant in our community and we absolutely MUST expect better from our group buys or it's only going to get worse.  STOP BEING A WELCOME MAT.  You do not speak for me, and frankly I am ****ing fed up.

This GB was sold as a "12-16 weeks" production that started at the end of February.  That's 3-4 months.  We're now into November (month #9) and have yet to receive even a firm ship date, let alone actual tracking numbers.  This is not acceptable.  No one is overreacting -- the outcome that we're facing now is bordering on fraud.  We've gone from "a few delays are to be expected" to "holy ****, what the **** happened here?" and the time to just be patient is long past.  You can take that advice and shove it.

No more empty promises.  Give us the god damn product that we paid for.

Edit: I really screwed up the math there.  Fixed.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:13:55 by Data »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1191 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:18:17 »

I am constantly amazed by the willingness of some GB participants to bend over and take it in the ass, repeatedly, when a particular buy is months behind schedule and the communication from its organizers is generously described as "piss poor".  This kind of bull**** is unfortunately rampant in our community and we absolutely MUST expect better from our group buys or it's only going to get worse.  STOP BEING A WELCOME MAT.  You do not speak for me, and frankly I am ****ing fed up.

This GB was sold as a "12-16 weeks" production that started at the end of February.  That's 4-5 months.  We're now into November (month #9) and have yet to receive even a firm ship date, let alone actual tracking numbers.  This is not acceptable.  No one is overreacting -- the outcome that we're facing now is bordering on fraud.  We've gone from "a few delays are to be expected" to "holy ****, what the **** happened here?" and the time to just be patient is long past.  You can take that advice and shove it.

I'm very patient for the better part and I understand delays are to be expected but this mostly echoes my sentiment regarding these situations - IF delays are to be had, please be upfront and straightforward about it. Sporadic updates as we've been having here (if at all) are unacceptable if you are to ensure customer satisfaction.

You might not be able to ensure delivery upon the date you promised at the start but what you ARE able to do and should ALWAYS do is keep the customer in the know. It blows my mind that people take up running group buys and don't know this to begin with - there have been TONS of buys I've watched unfold where the person in charge is behind on schedule and hates their life because they can't do right by their customer (or themselves) and as such they go into radio silence or pretend they are constantly busy as if that's believable at all. EVERYONE has 5 minutes to type out what the situation is looking like at the current time and not doing so is not only going to rile up the customers it's also going to make them doubt the fact you even plan on delivering at all (as can be seen here).

Updates OF ANY SORT are CRUCIAL. Again, it's so surprising to me that tons of people seem to run into this issue within the community, even experienced people who should know by now (though mostly inexperienced community members who's intentions are not ill). Even if your update is bad news. Even if your update is no update. Type something.

It's basic. Please stop saying "calm down lol only been 3 months since last update and 5 months since they were meant to ship out".
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:34:50 by Vigrith »

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1192 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:32:40 »

This GB was sold as a "12-16 weeks" production that started at the end of February.  That's 3-4 months.  We're now into November (month #9) and have yet to receive even a firm ship date, let alone actual tracking numbers.  This is not acceptable.  No one is overreacting -- the outcome that we're facing now is bordering on fraud.  We've gone from "a few delays are to be expected" to "holy ****, what the **** happened here?" and the time to just be patient is long past.  You can take that advice and shove it.

Edit: I really screwed up the math there.  Fixed.

Well I gotta say, this is my last group buy. I ain't touching this "maybe you'll get a product, but definitely not before the production period has passed twice over" crap anymore. Not till this community gets its collective **** together.

Pretty much in the same boat as Vigrith and Data about this.

Juahenza, you're in for a ****storm of your own making when you finally find your way back to the forum
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:38:14 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline gutsack

« Reply #1193 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:45:05 »
What's particularly frustrating is that the people running this group buy are on GH every day. Active last night, the night before, etc. They're here, they're just avoiding answering questions. I've participated in 4 group buys in the last year, 3 of them have been utter disasters. I think I too am going to be done with this for the foreseeable future. Too many people running buys without any ability to actually do what they've promised.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #1194 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 17:09:22 »
I joined this groupbuy 1/2 month ago by buying the slot of someone. I really thought it would deliver soon. For sure I don’t like this « no update » status, even more that I am on the alu bottom team! I have experienced this lack of communication before on a kickstarter project for pen (apollo pen), and the project failed miserably but they still provided little or no update and lied. I’ve lost 250 bucks on this, that is life. As this would be my first gb ever for a keyboard (starting this hobby!) I hope it will not finish like this (I’m sure it will not!

Please provide us some update, and as everyone said before, be honest!  :cool:

Offline six_chains

• Looking for fashion bae.
    • Visual Art
« Reply #1195 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 17:38:53 »
well, we atleast already saw photos of production, so we know they exist somewhere. which is more than I can say about my last group buy....

Model M JIS Silver Label  --  Exent  -- Apple IIs ALPS -- Poker II Granite R1

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1196 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 17:43:08 »
You guys are WAY too paranoid. There is likely no update to provide.

I don’t really see any possibility of the GB failing. It’s just delays and delays happen.

I understand the fear of a GB failing. I got screwed on Miami Nights. I get it. But unless you have any indication that the GB might fail, and not just assumption and speculation, I think it’s wrong to suggest otherwise.

Waiting sucks, but there is a massive GB disclaimer for a reason.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1197 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 17:45:29 »

I remember my first group buy  ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 17:50:07 by dubious »

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1198 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 17:54:21 »

I don’t really see any possibility of the GB failing. It’s just delays and delays happen.

I understand the fear of a GB failing. I got screwed on Miami Nights. I get it. But unless you have any indication that the GB might fail, and not just assumption and speculation, I think it’s wrong to suggest otherwise.

What are you talking about there's no indication? There's huge indicators suggesting this group buy is not going well. Like, for example, no pictures of the polycarbonate bottoms. I have no reason to believe that those actually exist, or that Juahenza isn't hiding the fact that they don't.

The reason to believe that the GB will fail is because we've been given no reason to believe it won't. Or is this just how bad all of you are at running GB's? I think it's a bit of both.

And no update to provide? What the **** are you talking about? What about the polycarb? What about the aluminum? How many keyboards are packed? When will they be shipped out?

How unbelievably stupid are you to think there is no update to provide?
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 17:56:11 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1199 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 17:57:19 »

Weirdly enough just a couple posts back there were supposed to be pictures that were going to be sent, but i don't see them anywhere. "There is likely no update to provide." huh. Status on the Alu bottoms being anodized isn't being updated too, as jua's post last Oct 27 wasn't updated yet and he said that it was supposed to be finished on that week, or the week after. Delays happen, yes, but when i was expecting this board to ship a couple months ago, i can't blame anyone else from being antsy.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed