Author Topic: Post your watch!  (Read 416153 times)

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
Re: Post your watch!
« Reply #750 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 04:46:51 »
Ya I like it. I have the black dial on bracelet version too. That thing is more unwieldy than on the silicone strap. The PADI version is nice with that blue sunburst dial, but I am trying to limit buying kinetic watches. They're a bit of a pain to keep charged when you have a lot of watches.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #751 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 05:28:49 »
Well, approaching end of the weekend. Ya... I'll do a mini review in 2-3 weeks once I get a little more wrist time on these.

Sneak peek picture  :-*

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #752 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 00:46:18 »
If you zoomed in on the sneak peek picture, you may already seen that the mystery watch has a green dial. It is the SBDC059.
191837-0

It is the limited edition of the larger non-limited edition version of the 62MAS reissue SBDC051 (small limited edition is SLA017, which has nicer movement). I've talked a bit about this series of watches last time, but I'll go over it again. 50mm lug to lug with 42.5" diameter. It is nice Seiko is back at making more reasonably sized diver's watches again. This particular version has a lovely blue green sunburst dial. The indices and hands are gilded. This has the hand set from the Marinemaster 1000 (emperor tuna). Big bold hour hand with a Washington monument minute hand. Lug width is 20mm that tapers down to 18mm at the clasp. Clasp has the familiar pop-open diver's extension. It also has machined extension in the main folding part. However, it still have the el-cheapo stamped and folded outer clasp. This watch is not for you if you like chunkier watches. It feels slightly bigger on the wrist than an SKX007, but flatter. May be somewhere between stargate and the 007 in feel.

The watch is coated with Diashield (the bracelet feels coated too). Based on the color of the coating, I am guessing it TiC based. It has kept my watches looking pretty new, however don't expect miracles if you're rough on your equipments. It is still going to scratch if you rub it against concrete and such. Afterall, the coating is microns thick. Also, as I've previously mentioned, it has a domed sapphire crystal. The bezel insert is shiny, with the numbers and indices printed on it. It doesn't feel quite cold to the touch like metal. Not entirely sure the material, or it is just some coating.

+domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the inside
+lubly sunburst blue green dial. more blue or more green depends on lighting.
+medium sized.
+ever reliable 6R15 movement. 50+ hour power reserve.
+great handset and applied indices.
+ISO diver
+lovely layers of brushed and polished surfaces. It has a lot of pop on the wrist.
+diashield = no fine microscratches
+120click bezel, dampened with o-ring. Pretty standard affair on Seiko divers.
+grippy coin-edge bezel
+no day. gimme no date version please.
+less wide bracelet.
+beefy crown, with nice smooth crown action.
+beefy 2.5mm springbars
+drilled through lugs

-again, Seiko place the lume on the wrong end of the second hand
-still hate the PS prospex logo.
-not sure about white texts on the dial, but completely gilded may look worse? Not sure.
-pricy for a 6R15 powered watch
-don't like how the solid endlink integrates into the watch. Feels tacked on.

~3 o'clock crown... would have been a negative if it was a larger watch. medium watch... it doesn't dig into the back of my wrist.
~unsigned crown, it is polished at the end. See my previous mini reviews to see this is what I would do if they can't make the signed crown line up correctly.
~no squeaky bracelet. it is probably the slipperiness of the coating that prevented it.

Currently really tempted to add the standard black version (or blue version on bracelet), and make it one of my primary daily driver. It really is that good to make me want 3 different colorways :))

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #753 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 08:35:25 »
Here is my modded Seiko. Its a nice homage to the Sinn 556. Maybe one day I can get one!

Offline Kyi195

« Reply #754 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 09:24:51 »
Picked it up on the MD group buy.  Model FAC00005W0.  Second gen Bambino classic.  Also my first automatic (last several were all quartz movements).  Thought I was going to drop the brown band for a black one butthe brown is dark enough that it doesn't clash with anything I wear.

Only thing is I need to get used to winding it if I don't wear it for a little while!  I go to a buncha concerts and don't like taking a watch in case it gets damaged but that means it'll sit a lot on weekends and it's power reserve can't get it through the weekend.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #755 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 12:59:35 »
Here is a post repair shot of my Seiko SNZF17. One of the hands was sticking and just needed opening and reseating.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #756 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 15:26:53 »
SRP775J1 - Very happy with it.
192681-0
REΛLFORCE

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #757 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:13:24 »
Was wearing my PADI today. Figure I do a family portrait:
193250-0
3 Generations. Edit: that is 3rd gen, 2nd gen, then 1st gen. put 3rd gen on the left, closest to light source, to get the dial color.
I think I've posted the first gen. I don't think I posted the other 2. Yellow on black 2nd gen is my favorite of the particular gen. PADI is obviously a stand-out for 3rd gen.

Went from PU > stainless steel > ceramic shroud. I think the stainless 2nd gen's shroud feels the least tacked on. it is well integrated with rest of the case, where as the 3rd gen feels like it sits on top. First gen is even better integrated, but PU :( 3rd gen measures about the same as other 2, but wears bigger. I didn't measure it, but feels like the shroud may have bigger diameter on the face side of the watch.
EDIT: measured @ 52 north to south, and east to west. There are points where it measures 54mm, not including the crown. It is a big watch. 1st and 2nd gen only measures about 48 diameter. 3rd gen is borderline clown watch. At least I got it in festive colors.

I guess since I started, may as well talk more about it.

hands and markers
1: pretty unique looking hands that is bifurcated. Seconds hand is from the Sumo. Has needle points on the tips of the hands. It may help with reading the finest marks on the chapter ring... but if you want that much accuracy, get a radio controlled G-Shock.
2: Hand set from monsters. Wish it had a more unique looking handset. I like the updated markers.
3: I know I've seen the hour hands before somewhere, but can't remember exactly. Minute hand looks the same as 2nd gen at first glance, but the 2 angles near the tip are rounded. As the picture show, it has the most 3d markers. The rounded look with triangles is really nice. Note that this the only one in the series that has seconds lume pip on the wrong end.
EDIT: The handset I've seen on the Transocean. I think this series came out before that.

Dial and chapter ring:
1: has the finest graduations on the chapter ring.
2: Boring matte black, but boring is good.
3: Sunburst dial that is slightly matted over. Very interesting under spot lights.

Bezel:
Mostly the same, just different colors. 1st gen has the boldest engravings, and numbers are curved along the circle.
EDIT: I keep forgetting things when I make edits. I measured the bezel and it 4mm bigger on the 3rd gen.

Lugs:
First gen had the longest, and 3rd gen is shortest. 2nd gen is a happy medium.

straps:
1: this actually came on the bracelet I put on the 2nd gen.
2&3: bracelet is a upsized version of the monster's bracelet. I prefer the one from 1st gen. My 3rd gen is obviously on the silicone strap. Not the latest formulation. Not sure if I like this more or the newest silicone more.

Lume:
3>2>1

They all use the same 4R36 movement. Not much there to talk about.
I picked the most eye catching of each generation. If it wasn't for the PADI edition, I would have easily picked 2nd gen as my favorite. Now it is a toss up between 2 and 3.

PS, I still refuse to call these baby tunas.
PS2, 3rd gen PADI is VERY loud. Great if you want the attention. Not so good if you want to fly under the radar.
PS3, I should do a proper review of these 3 together -___-
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 April 2018, 09:01:52 by laffindude »

Offline Tactile

« Reply #758 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 15:04:50 »
193848-0
REΛLFORCE

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #759 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 21:38:41 »
Tudor Heritage Ranger

Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #760 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 17:14:48 »
Tudor Heritage Ranger

Show Image

How do you like their one piece natos? They look really well done in pictures
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #761 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 17:18:04 »
Tudor Heritage Ranger

Show Image

Light-weight, comfortable, perfect for summer.  I have it on all my Tudors... well, the ones that come with the OEM nato anyway.  :)    And it's made by the same company that manufactures the Pope's robe.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/visit-tudor-strap-making-factory-julien-faure

« Last Edit: Sat, 21 April 2018, 17:22:21 by reaper »
Din Eli

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #762 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 17:28:36 »
More
Tudor Heritage Ranger

Show Image

Light-weight, comfortable, perfect for summer.  I have it on all my Tudors... well, the ones that come with the OEM nato anyway.  :)    And it's made by the same company that manufactures the Pope's robe.

Show Image

Huh, TIL

Very cool fun fact about the straps and the pope, I might need to track down a few of those straps for my Squale (no modern tudor in my collection).
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #763 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 22:48:05 »
More
Tudor Heritage Ranger

Show Image

Show Image

Huh, TIL

Very cool fun fact about the straps and the pope, I might need to track down a few of those straps for my Squale (no modern tudor in my collection).

Here's another article with better pics and a vid (for Tudor's straps manufacturing process).

http://watchesbysjx.com/2015/08/explaining-how-tudors-fabric-nato-straps-are-made-with-video.html#
Din Eli

Offline Tactile

« Reply #764 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 19:52:25 »
Just got a Mako II from Orient USA. A diver with a white dial! Woo Hoo!

Anyway... This is better than any photo I could have taken of mine:
REΛLFORCE

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #765 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 00:30:33 »
Surprisingly a lot of Seikos here, efficient, best bang for the buck brand of watch!!

Offline 89sec

« Reply #766 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 23:03:47 »
My first automatic watch was the Seiko SKX007, and it has been on my wrist nearly every day since I first put it on.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Offline Tactile

« Reply #767 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 11:14:51 »
Ocean One GMT 39
198067-0
REΛLFORCE

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #768 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 13:49:39 »
Here is a post repair shot of my Seiko SNZF17. One of the hands was sticking and just needed opening and reseating.

Show Image

this pic is so dank it makes this watch look like a thousand bucks ;)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #769 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 13:52:21 »
Show Image

Black Bays are so god damn nice...

Might have one within the next couple of weeks. Glad I've seen this thread is back :p

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #770 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 14:10:39 »
Don't own a watch, but this is the only one I've ever lusted after

Mido Multifort Pulsometer

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #771 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 14:11:14 »
Who doesn't wear a watch?!  :confused:

Offline Kyi195

« Reply #772 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 14:15:10 »
Who doesn't wear a watch?!  :confused:
Honestly I feel naked without mine!  I went a while where the only one I had had a broken strap and damn Skagen had to be weird and use a non-standard fastening style so I never got it replaced.  Probably a year or so with no watch and it felt sooooo awkward.  Now I have a new one (we I've had it a few months now) that's also my first automatic (all others were quartz) and its great to just have one on my wrist again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #773 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 06:19:16 »
OCD can get quite expensive.
Finally got the black one. Will replace a watch in my regular rotation.

Offline superbia

« Reply #774 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 10:00:55 »
I completely forgot I was wearing this thin 36mm chunk of steel for the past year.
Silicone strap is from CNS with solid hardware I manually brushed with sandpaper.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 June 2018, 14:33:11 by superbia »
Keebio Iris 2.8 (Alps) X Colemak Mod-DH

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #775 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 07:56:06 »
lovely wabi on the case.

PS, the SBDC051 is running 15seconds fast over the past 4 days. Really is almost the perfectly sized watch for my wrist.  Tempted to also get the blue one ;)

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #776 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 05:01:21 »
I accidentally another Pepsi.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #777 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 16:17:30 »
Picked this up today, in love.

Offline iri

« Reply #778 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 17:01:35 »
Congrats, Tudor's not bad.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #779 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 04:57:48 »
I like it..
199829-0
199831-1
LZ Limited

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #780 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 05:04:25 »
Been busy.
Anyhow, if you know me or been following this thread, you should know this one was coming: the Fanta Turtle. Come with a Limited Edition box + blue silicone strap. I think I'll appropriate it for the dark blue one, or stick it on my 009.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 August 2018, 03:21:38 by laffindude »

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #781 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 20:05:07 »
Probably some pleb nonsense.

202027-0

I wear the G-Shock everywhere I go and I'm only now noticing that the Citizen is dead. Whoops.
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline foxtrott

« Reply #782 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 13:52:18 »
Deutsche Damasko DA46

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #783 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 09:11:12 »
Just bought this, yes, it's used but has been re-conditioned like new, and it ain't cheap either. I fell in love with Rolex Oyster since my dad bought me one a long time ago.

Here's my old Rolex next to the one I'd just gotten (yes, the very same one my dad had gotten me decades ago), I might get an all steel Rolex in the future.....pardon the slight time difference between them. I'm in the habit of setting my watch 2-3 mins ahead.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 August 2018, 09:12:58 by PadawanGeek »

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #784 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 01:58:49 »
Bought a watch winder box to ensure that, when I wear one (and thus wind it automatically), my other two watches don't stop on me due to my not wearing them. That circular platter thing that seats my two Rolex is constantly rotating/spinning relatively slowly to ensure my watches are being wound.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #785 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 08:27:26 »
My last watch purchase, ain't gonna think about getting another....too costly a hobby to pursue.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #786 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 09:58:55 »
Relevant to this forum

Heavy Metal

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #787 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 21:53:12 »
Don't own a watch, but this is the only one I've ever lusted after

Show Image

Show Image

Mido Multifort Pulsometer

This is a super interesting take on the rare dial complication for pulse rate (I've heard them called "doctor's chronograph").  I love it, thanks for sharing.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #788 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 21:41:03 »
I've always had a thing for automatics generally not drawn to anything electric. only ever had one g shock and that was a work watch. But i saw this thing and thought holy **** that is the perfect  combination of digital almost luxury rendering it impractial as beater. Kinda like a transient in a tuxedo.

« Last Edit: Fri, 21 September 2018, 21:51:34 by fanpeople »

Offline iri

« Reply #789 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 07:30:19 »
I've always had a thing for automatics generally not drawn to anything electric. only ever had one g shock and that was a work watch. But i saw this thing and thought holy **** that is the perfect  combination of digital almost luxury rendering it impractial as beater. Kinda like a transient in a tuxedo.
How is this watch impractical?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #790 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 08:00:09 »
How is this watch impractical?

Impractical as a beater. The thing is shiny metal going to get scratched as hell.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #791 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 12:33:34 »
Impractical as a beater. The thing is shiny metal going to get scratched as hell.

No. The whole point of a beater is you don't care when it gets dinged or scratched. It has nothing to do with the watch but instead it's all about your OCD level.
REΛLFORCE

Offline zacheadams

« Reply #792 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 20:06:15 »

No. The whole point of a beater is you don't care when it gets dinged or scratched. It has nothing to do with the watch but instead it's all about your OCD level.

100% agree, I beat the **** out of my Glashutte as a daily

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #793 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 21:03:47 »
Sorry guys/gals, I think I have failed to use my words in a way that communicates my thoughts.

I totally agree that any watch can be a beater/daily, that is spot on.

What I meant was I generally only like automatics. I have always viewed G Shocks as work/sport/physical activity watches and nothing more. So when I saw that they had taken the square digital one (which I see as kinda the standard, poster child for good value for money and ready to take some serious abuse) and added some classiness (subjective use of the word), I really like what they have done. In my opinion it seems like a contradiction to what I view a G Shock to be and this is what I like about it.

Does this make sense?

Oh and to clarify, I am using this as a beater. I don't baby watches.

Offline iri

« Reply #794 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 07:01:46 »

100% agree, I beat the **** out of my Calatrava as a daily

-Ray Bradbury

Offline zacheadams

« Reply #795 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 20:51:44 »

100% agree, I beat the **** out of my Calatrava as a daily

🙏🙏🙏

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #796 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 20:55:07 »
Got to drive an Aventador the other day:

| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #797 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 04:49:08 »
My last watch related purchase, a Longines Hydro Conquest 41mm Auto

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #798 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 05:59:18 »

Show Image

Great shot of a great looking watch. :thumb:
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #799 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 18:30:11 »
What if my watch has ended?