Author Topic: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]  (Read 305307 times)

Offline deterouni

Re: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPING]
« Reply #1150 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 15:29:07 »
You guys with PCB issues... if you email support you will have a new PCB in 3 days.  Don't fret.

Shot off an email. Thanks for the info. I did manage to get mine working, but I am concerned long term about having an already "repaired" PCB at the start of this keyboards life. I know with some of the older group buys PCBs are impossible to find.

Wanted to update.  Got a response from the email and Rama's customer service is above and beyond. This above anything gives me a great feeling about supporting him and his future projects.

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #1151 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 18:32:20 »
You guys with PCB issues... if you email support you will have a new PCB in 3 days.  Don't fret.

Shot off an email. Thanks for the info. I did manage to get mine working, but I am concerned long term about having an already "repaired" PCB at the start of this keyboards life. I know with some of the older group buys PCBs are impossible to find.

Wanted to update.  Got a response from the email and Rama's customer service is above and beyond. This above anything gives me a great feeling about supporting him and his future projects.

He's a proper good bloke and stands behind his product, it's made me pretty confident in buying RAMA merch for the foreseeable future! Glad to hear your issue is being resolved :)

Offline MrTq

Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPING]
« Reply #1152 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 20:16:45 »
Does it make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ExuDeCandomble

« Reply #1153 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 20:46:03 »
Holy hell! How the **** did they manage that?! I'm sure rama will sort you out though!
Precisely my first thought! That's a lot of packaging to punch through. When I initially saw that the outer box was damaged I wasn't too concerned, but then I saw the inner box and was hoping that the foam inside was thick enough. Sadly I don't think any foam known to man would have been dense enough to repel whatever sharp object was forcefully jabbed into my poor keyboard 😢

Wanted to offer an update on my situation as well. Rama, as you might expect, has handled it flawlessly. I'll be receiving my replacement parts soon. When my new Kuro pieces arrive, it'll be adorned with Halo Clears and GMK Pristine. Can't wait!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1154 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 23:27:33 »
Does it make sense?

Show Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.  Looks fab

Offline pendemon

« Reply #1155 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 13:20:47 »
Any news on the status of the waitlist?

Offline nerium

« Reply #1156 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 12:46:39 »
Anyone else notice a fair bit of rust on the four black screws on the bottom of their base? I am tempted to replace them with stainless or pvd coated screws to prevent any rust staining..
RAMA M60-A Mist w/ BOX Royals | RAMA M65-A Mist (unbuilt) | HHKB Pro 2 | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | CM Novatouch | Poker II w/ MX Clears | Pok3r w/ MX Blues | SA Godspeed | SA Industrial | SA Ice Caps | SA Modern Selectric | DSA Dolch | GMK 3Run | Hidden Labs Thermochromic | Hot Keys Project Neon Green + Neon Orange

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1157 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 12:54:34 »
Anyone else notice a fair bit of rust on the four black screws on the bottom of their base? I am tempted to replace them with stainless or pvd coated screws to prevent any rust staining..

Dude,  just contact support on rama's site and get new ones :)

Offline Cas

« Reply #1158 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 15:04:00 »

Me, on one clearly

Offline voight-kampff

Re: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]
« Reply #1159 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 02:58:25 »
finally my moon has arrived   :cool:

Offline nerium

« Reply #1160 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 08:25:24 »
I just put mine together last night and thought I'd share a few thoughts.

WOW. Never have I ever spent this much money on something and had zero regrets. I am completely blown away by the entire experience.

With the exception of some minor rust on the black screws, everything was perfect.

It only took me about 30-45 minutes to put it together (and I was taking my sweet time, to make sure I didn't break any of the hot-swaps).

One thing I definitely wish I did before installing the included switches (box royals; I'll get to this in a bit) is silence the space bar stab. It is VERY loud and unpleasant. I don't really like the idea of putting bandaid pieces and other sorts of odd fabric into this gorgeous keyboard, though. I think I am going to try to use one of the greases Rama recommends to get it to quiet down a bit. I'm guessing I can do this without taking the switches out and removing the PCB from the case? If that doesn't help enough, does anyone know if the Zeal stabs are quieter without modding them? If so, are they even compatible with this board? Any recommendations or tips are much appreciated.

One thing I failed to realize.. (cause I'm a noob, lol) is that I don't have any 7u spacebars.. Every kit I ordered in the past was for use on my Poker II or Pok3r and I never needed the larger spacebar. SO.. Until I receive my GMK WoB set which is supposed to ship in February, I think I'll be ordering the ePBT BoW R2 set and hope the spacebar isn't warped to hell like the ones from R1 were. Until then, my keeb is naked.

The switches (box royals).. They are awesome! I did get some minor stress fracture lines when I tested one on a GMK 3RUN cap, and these switches are TIGHT (putting keycaps on and taking them off is extremely difficult) when I tested them on a cheap cherry profile ABS set I got from Originative years ago, but they don't appear to be cracking any keycaps that I tested them on. I think I will end up using them.

Overall, I am so glad I got in on this group buy. The fit and finish, the QC, the packaging (amazing) the communication from Rama, the fast shipping.. Everything has been SO good. This should be the gold standard for how EVERY GB should be run. Take notes, other vendors/designers/creators!

This will definitely not be my last purchase from Rama. That is for damn sure.

Please, everyone post pics! I will take some tonight when I get home if I have time, too.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 December 2018, 12:53:54 by nerium »
RAMA M60-A Mist w/ BOX Royals | RAMA M65-A Mist (unbuilt) | HHKB Pro 2 | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | CM Novatouch | Poker II w/ MX Clears | Pok3r w/ MX Blues | SA Godspeed | SA Industrial | SA Ice Caps | SA Modern Selectric | DSA Dolch | GMK 3Run | Hidden Labs Thermochromic | Hot Keys Project Neon Green + Neon Orange

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #1161 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 15:51:11 »
Hey nerium, really glad to hear your experience was so good! The BOX Royals do crack GMK stems still, unfortunately, but if you are ever concerned there is someone who is running a GB for something called the Stemshaver, so you could always look into that, otherwise non-GMK sets don't usually have these issues.

If you have not lubed any of the stabs, I highly recommend doing so. It can be simply done with dielectric grease, or if you're feeling a big more bourgeois, you can use something like Krytox 205g2 or g0. This should help reduce a lot of the noise coming from the spacebar, and Band-Aid modding would reduce it to pretty much nill. The ePBT stabs from Taobao are almost identical to Zeal's and a third of the price, and seem to be quite popular, so I would look into those, personally.

Offline heavyheaded

« Reply #1162 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 17:42:29 »
One thing I definitely wish I did before installing the included switches (box royals; I'll get to this in a bit) is silence the space bar stab. It is VERY loud and unpleasant. I don't really like the idea of putting bandaid pieces and other sorts of odd fabric into this gorgeous keyboard, though. I think I am going to try to use one of the greases Rama recommends to get it to quiet down a bit. I'm guessing I can do this without taking the switches out and removing the PCB from the case? If that doesn't help enough, does anyone know if the Zeal stabs are quieter without modding them? If so, are they even compatible with this board? Any recommendations or tips are much appreciated.

One thing I failed to realize.. (cause I'm a noob, lol) is that I don't have any 7u spacebars.. Every kit I ordered in the past was for use on my Poker II or Pok3r and I never needed the larger spacebar. SO.. Until I receive my GMK WoB set which is supposed to ship in February, I think I'll be ordering the ePBT BoW R2 set and hope the spacebar isn't warped to hell like the ones from R1 were. Until then, my keeb is naked.

Nerium - regarding Zeal stabs - yes, they are quiter without modding. I usually do the bandaid but on Topclack's advice skipped it this time and the spacebar is not loud. (I still lube with superlube tho)

Also, I have R1 of ePBT BoW and my 7U spacebar fits fine (I vaguely recall the problems may have been only with the first batch from R1).

Everyone else - anyone getting a short from time to time? Once in a while I need to reconnect the USB, not sure why yet.

Offline nerium

« Reply #1163 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 18:34:37 »
Thanks for the responses, guys!

I ordered the Krytox GPL 205 grease as well as the ePBT BoW set earlier today. I'm going to grease the current stabs and see if they're satisfactory. I'll probably order the Zeal stabs as well, but I don't plan on replacing the stabs until I eventually swap the switches out. The new MD x Invyr Holy Pandas drop in a couple days (I know, I know.. not the real OG Pandas), so I'll be hopping on that just to try them out and will swap the stabs out then. Just hoping I don't damage the hot-swaps or the PCB in the process of removing the switches.

I'm curious as to why stabs weren't more well designed.. Maybe with miniature springs underneath, or just a completely different design but with the same stem for compatibility's sake. It's crazy how noisy they can get. Makes me wish I was good at that sort of thing and had connections to source manufacturing. *cough* RAMA *cough*
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 December 2018, 18:36:33 by nerium »

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #1164 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 19:30:37 »
I didn't even get stabs!

as far as shorting goes, I haven't to unplug/plug my keyboard it, but I have noticed that sometimes when my computer reboots it says "no keyboard recognized" unless I plug directly to the mobo USB and not the hub I'm using.  Although I've never had it happen with other keyboards, I really don't think that's an M60-A issue...

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #1165 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 12:30:03 »
The keyboard is magnificent, thanks Rama.

I have one question regarding defining keymaps.
Let's say I would like to get some more layers defined. I do this with qmk, that is allright.

But will the light macros be working after I flash the kbd with my hex?
Also it is not clear if -- say i have layer 4 and 5 defined -- will the on-the-fly changing stuff working with the VIA configurator?
Or when I flash the kbd with my hex will this feature be gone?
If yes, how can I cat it back after I flashed my kbd with my hex?

thanks

Offline Rumai

« Reply #1166 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 14:26:20 »
Congrats on super successful GB, Rama.

Offline KingzandBean

« Reply #1167 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 20:30:28 »
YO00, can I get more pics of dusk boards? thanks :thumb:

Offline Atredl

« Reply #1168 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 01:14:14 »
I don't know if I'm just missing something obvious but how do you program macros using the VIA configurator?

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #1169 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 11:54:10 »
I don't know if I'm just missing something obvious but how do you program macros using the VIA configurator?

I think that was a functionality they are still working on. I can't point to the source for where I read that, but I am pretty sure I read that somewhere on GH or Discord.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1170 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 19:53:11 »
Thanks for the pics everyone! And cheers for the kind words :) Sorry have been AFK recently.

Macros are indeed coming, but it'll require a firmware update on the board itself - which should be an easy process to do and we'll write a guide up on it as well (you won't even need to open the case) :)

As for the stab mods etc, we will have some video content on our guides page in the next few weeks also!
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline Eldr1tch

« Reply #1171 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 00:15:54 »
Is this or the KOYU ever getting remade? I didn't know if RAMA Works did the whole artificial scarcity thing or not.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1172 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 00:21:50 »
Is this or the KOYU ever getting remade? I didn't know if RAMA Works did the whole artificial scarcity thing or not.

I don't know about remade, but I do know that there are a TON of these in the wild
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Eldr1tch

« Reply #1173 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 00:26:40 »

I don't know about remade, but I do know that there are a TON of these in the wild

True, but they are always at least 50%-70% mark up and almost ALWAYS used with "little dings that happened through shipping, totally came that way promise senpai"  :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1174 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 00:27:50 »

True, but they are always at least 50%-70% mark up and almost ALWAYS used with "little dings that happened through shipping, totally came that way promise senpai"  :))

my experience has been different but ok
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Eldr1tch

« Reply #1175 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 00:28:55 »

my experience has been different but ok

Good thing about life is that everyone has a different experience. The journey and all of that.  :-*

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1176 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 00:42:57 »

We always tend to release things in new editions, wouldn't be the same colours from round 1 however  8)
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #1177 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 07:30:28 »

Couple more for the road

« Last Edit: Thu, 13 December 2018, 14:56:02 by pnkpanther65 »

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #1178 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 07:45:59 »
Couple more for the road
Show Image
Show Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

friend you have a really refined taste, let me say

KMK Labs.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1179 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 19:08:47 »
Show Image
Show Image

Couple more for the road

This is unreasonably nice. Really love how much yolch matches with the gold accents  :o :o

Offline qq

• A daydreamer of possibilities
« Reply #1180 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 22:17:14 »
Show Image
Show Image

Couple more for the road

A man of taste, too classy  :eek:

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #1181 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 16:00:58 »
finally my moon has arrived   :cool:

Show Image

Show Image

This is too nice. Absolutely love it. Makes me really regret backing out of my spot for the m60 moon. Hoping next year is the year I get my first Rama board depending on what he has in the works.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #1182 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 16:50:33 »
Curious if anyone else has seen static electricity issues with their M60-A? Mine has silencing foam inside, though I haven't tried removing it yet. Definitely dry here in the office in the winter, but: I'm noticing that many times if I touch the keyboard after note using it for a while, I get shocked and also the bottom two rows will turn their LEDs off briefly.

Possibly related, but sometimes the keyboard will fail to respond to keypresses after a while without use (even though the LEDs are still on) and I need to unplug it and plug it back in for it to work.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1183 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 17:14:15 »
I've shocked mine a few times. Just dry here.  I try to discharge the static before I touch it.  It usually reboots the keyboard

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #1184 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 01:34:37 »
I've shocked mine a few times. Just dry here.  I try to discharge the static before I touch it.  It usually reboots the keyboard
I wonder if shocking only happens to the m60-a? Or do you have issues also with some other metallic things?

Do you have the LEDs on or LEDs off when shocking happens?

Strange is that anodisation prevents the electric flow...

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1185 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 09:05:30 »
I wonder if shocking only happens to the m60-a? Or do you have issues also with some other metallic things?

Do you have the LEDs on or LEDs off when shocking happens?

Strange is that anodisation prevents the electric flow...

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

We’ve discussed it in the past in here and other threads.  It happens on all of my metal boards. Tray mount boards deal with it better and usually don’t transfer the shock to the pcb.  (You shock yourself but no reboot).  It doesn’t matter if the leds are on or not.  It’s just something you learn to live with if you have a lot of static buildup in your space. 

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #1186 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 09:07:55 »
I've gotten into the habit of discharging on a metal bit of my desk to avoid it. It's pretty much a constant fact of life in winter here. Never fried a board over it, but sometimes they'll shut down on me

Offline Lormania

« Reply #1187 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 09:24:31 »
I am in Colorado and it gets prettt dry here as well and so far everything is fine on my end with no shortages. I will make a point to discharge though just in case!

Offline ttot

« Reply #1188 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 16:27:06 »
And a few more photos from me.
RAMA M60-A(LAKE) | RAMA KOYU(HAZE) | RAMA M60-A SEQ2(MILK) | RAMA M6-C(MILK) | RAMA M65-B(ICED) | RAMA M6-C(ICED)
SA Pulse(R3) + Mitolet | GMK Jamón | GMK Calm Depths | GMK Chocolatier | GMK Minimal | GMK Striker | GMK Pulse(Mitolet) | GMK Phosphorous | GMK Peach Blossom | GMK Nautilus 2 | GMK Bleached | GMK Pono | GMK Pixel | GMK Metropolis R2 | GMK DUALSHOT 2 | SA Polyclear

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #1189 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 20:07:19 »
This is such a beautiful colour scheme to go with this stunning keyboard. Congrats mate, this is wonderful!

Offline gutsack

« Reply #1190 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 17:21:14 »
Forgot to post a photo of my completed Kuro M60-A.

209722-0

This might be the best group-buy hardware I've ever seen. It's so well made, I'm in love. For my build I went with thick-lubed 67g R1 Zilents, Pulse SA R3 Rams and Noire, and Zeal screw-in stabs. Thing is nearly silent and feels amazing to type on. Absolutely love this board, it's gonna be my daily driver for a long time to come. I built it on a livestream here: https://karbonbased.io/builds/m60-a

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #1191 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:03:42 »
My PCB has developed a problem: 5-8 (4 keys) have stopped registering. I've tried different switches, I've made sure the pins weren't bent, and there's no visible damage to the sockets as far as I can tell when I opened up the board. How can I get this addressed?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1192 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 10:04:03 »
My PCB has developed a problem: 5-8 (4 keys) have stopped registering. I've tried different switches, I've made sure the pins weren't bent, and there's no visible damage to the sockets as far as I can tell when I opened up the board. How can I get this addressed?

Did you try pressing the back of the socket against the PCB when pressing the firmly seated switch?  If you do that and it registers, it could be that one of the hotswap metal arms has come unattached from it's surface mounted pad.  You can try to reflow those pads, but it's tricky.  Just email rama through the website for a replacement.  He's quick to respond.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #1193 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 09:46:13 »
Seems the keyboard is not working in BIOS. Is this a QMK thing, or is it only with M60-A?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1194 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 07:47:29 »
So anyone know what the new M60-ax pcb brings?  Saw it posted on instagram

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #1195 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 08:02:29 »
Non hot swap version possibly?

Offline Starston3

« Reply #1196 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 08:23:57 »
Non hotswap and have 2 more mount holes.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1197 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 09:00:09 »
Non hotswap and have 2 more mount holes.

Show Image

Thanks!

Offline Marutks

« Reply #1198 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 14:17:45 »
found this:

Featured in this video are the new M60 finishes, MILK and HAZE, and the STEALTH EDITIONS of MOON and KURO.

I wonder what is stealth edition
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 January 2019, 15:31:16 by Marutks »

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #1199 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 22:39:32 »
The only difference I can tell is non PVD Brass back weights. I really like the Moon, but I wish it came with a PVD brass backplate. Debating between Moon and Milk.