Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 1604 times)

Offline 108

• Yeet. Yeet.
Hello all!
« on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 16:09:07 »
My name is 108. I just recently bought my first mechanical keyboard, a Razer Blackwidow (Tournament). I'm sure everyone's reaction will be the same "EEEEWWW", but I plan on building my own keyboard this year, and hopefully with the help of you guys and the forum I'll ascend into the higher ranks of the mechanical keyboard hierarchy  :D

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 20:33:24 »
Welcome to the club! I actually like Razer making mechanical keyboards for no other reason than it gets more people into the hobby. My best friend even said to me, "I'll never go back to a non-mechanical keyboard." Good luck on the custom build!

Offline heyitse-sportsguy

• One-ness with cup rubber
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 22:38:04 »
Hey man! Glad to see new people in the mech community, and I think many people (including myself) started on a Razer. Im also new to GeekHack but glad to see new people also around  ;D
Topre Realforce 87u 45g
Pok3r MX Blues w/ Deep Space DSA

Offline sami77

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 06:00:14 »
BlackWidow TE is great  (Razer Green) not ( Orange) !
i order my self one actually , can't wait to arrive !

Offline seville57

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 08:01:41 »
Hey man! Glad to see new people in the mech community, and I think many people (including myself) started on a Razer. Im also new to GeekHack but glad to see new people also around  ;D

My first mech k-board was a Zowie Celeritas Pro pink with Cherry MX Brown, white keycaps and no LEDs.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 05:47:48 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Some people have had no problems at all with their Razer keyboards.  Imagine if everyone's Razer fell apart as quickly as the ones you'd hear about - they would have been removed from the shelves years ago.  In general it is the dissatisfied with the loudest voices, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

But wait until you have tried a different mechanical keyboard, and you might find a few things you were missing on the Razer ;)

I nearly bought a Razer, but I joined GH to ask a few questions, and ended up getting a Ducky instead.  I have no idea what would have happened had I taken the chance on the Razer and not joined GH.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ