Author Topic: The many faces of Geekhack  (Read 1616298 times)

Offline iri

Re: The many faces of Geekhack
« Reply #2700 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 17:52:04 »
And, they seldom drink water (or any other liquid) which I also can't understand.
In Georgia? I will never understand it either.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2701 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 17:57:09 »
A photo my dad took while we were being evacuated due to a bomb threat in Budapest

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2702 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 18:06:11 »
A photo my dad took while we were being evacuated due to a bomb threat in Budapest
Show Image

pwn does your shirt have the cancerian astrological symbol on it ? Also bomb threats in Budapest sounds like some sketchy **** your dad looks freaked out  :eek:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2703 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 18:06:56 »

Show Image

pwn does your short have the cancerian astrological symbol on it ? Also bomb threats in Budapest sounds like sme sketchy **** your dad looks freaked out  :eek:
That isn't my dad lol, some random guy. This is what is on the shirt - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2704 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 18:07:41 »

Show Image

pwn does your short have the cancerian astrological symbol on it ? Also bomb threats in Budapest sounds like sme sketchy **** your dad looks freaked out  :eek:
That isn't my dad lol, some random guy. This is what is on the shirt - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:))

Lol I really want to know what that guys looking at !
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 June 2015, 18:09:14 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2705 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 18:08:15 »

Show Image

Link to what it looks like: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/e2/0c/55/e20c5560246d97576a3f6e94a9884304.jpg

Offline iri

« Reply #2706 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 18:08:30 »
Show Image

You are cute. Probably girls like you.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2707 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 18:10:12 »

Show Image

Link to what it looks like: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/e2/0c/55/e20c5560246d97576a3f6e94a9884304.jpg
love the shirt !!!!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2708 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 19:18:01 »
And, they seldom drink water
I will never understand it either.

I can drink a liter of water in 20 seconds in one swallow, even if I am not thirsty.

In cool weather, if I am not doing much physical work, I probably drink 1-2 liters of water per day, along with approximately that much again in other liquids.

In hot weather, such as last weekend doing yard work, I'm sure that I drank at least 3 liters in 6-8 hours.

My wife says that neither her mother nor her grandmother ever drank water (and the elders did not drink alcohol, either) and I am guessing that many of their health problems originated from chronic, low-level dehydration.

State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Kyi195

« Reply #2709 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 15:34:24 »
Now, lets do this right this time.  I took this one yesterday when I realized I needed a haircut.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2710 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 03:01:53 »

Now, lets do this right this time.  I took this one yesterday when I realized I needed a haircut. (Attachment Link)
trim it at the back, i dont see anything else that needs work
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Kyi195

« Reply #2711 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 03:38:37 »

Now, lets do this right this time.  I took this one yesterday when I realized I needed a haircut. (Attachment Link)

It must be a good picture, it's extremely poofy.  I need to get it thinned out a bit everywhere.  When I drive with the windows down it blows into my eyes and that's usually how I judge when I need a haircut.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2712 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 03:52:04 »

It must be a good picture, it's extremely poofy.  I need to get it thinned out a bit everywhere.  When I drive with the windows down it blows into my eyes and that's usually how I judge when I need a haircut.
try gel of some sort or hairspray, could help since your hair isnt too long
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2713 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 15:05:50 »

Tp4 recommends hair-wax...

It's better than gel,  won't flake, and generally, most wax-es leave your hair "re-mold-able" throughout the day in case it gets -winded-

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2714 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 15:25:08 »

Show Image

It's better than gel,  won't flake, and generally, most wax-es leave your hair "re-mold-able" throughout the day in case it gets -winded-

or if you prefer gel, this one is great: http://www.amazon.com/Sebastian-Liquid-Steel-4-2-Ounces-Bottle/dp/B002RT71CM

stopped using hair wax after trying the liquid steel
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2715 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 15:53:45 »

Show Image

or if you prefer gel, this one is great: http://www.amazon.com/Sebastian-Liquid-Steel-4-2-Ounces-Bottle/dp/B002RT71CM

If you HAVE to use gel,  just get the Got2Be Glu like all the cool kids..  It's pretty strong, really cheap, and quite moisture resistant..  I was watching a dolphin show in the splash-zone, and my hair stayed in tact..

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #2716 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 16:01:54 »
I was watching a dolphin show in the splash-zone, and my hair stayed in tact..

lol wtf

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2717 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 16:10:55 »
I was watching a dolphin show in the splash-zone, and my hair stayed in tact..

lol wtf

What?  u never go see the dolphin show?

They are fish, and splash water..

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2718 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 16:14:30 »
I think digi is laughing at the fact you expect us to believe you went outside.

Which reminds me, August is almost here. Garden pic needs to be produced.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2719 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 16:16:02 »

I got some big leaves now, but no fruits yet. I'll take some picture tomorrow morning.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #2720 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 16:56:18 »

I got some big leaves now, but no fruits yet. I'll take some picture tomorrow morning.

Sorry, I was just picturing you at the Dolphin show, sitting in the front holding a bao shu pork bun (racist), and a lolly pop while getting water splashed on your gelled hair.

Demik is also right btw.

Offline Kyi195

« Reply #2721 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 17:10:37 »

Show Image

If you HAVE to use gel,  just get the Got2Be Glu like all the cool kids..  It's pretty strong, really cheap, and quite moisture resistant..  I was watching a dolphin show in the splash-zone, and my hair stayed in tact..

Honestly, once I get back from this trip I'm taking in a month I'm thinking of going crazy and cutting a buncha hair off, something kinda like this at the closer to what I have now, or this at the end with more change.  The only issue is when I see this it tends to be on people with really tall faces and since my hair covers most of my head, I don't quite know what it'd look like.  I think I'm going to call up my ex's friends to do another look-over and see if they can tell me if something like that will work or not.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2722 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 17:26:23 »

Sorry, I was just picturing you at the Dolphin show, sitting in the front holding a bao shu pork bun (racist), and a lolly pop while getting water splashed on your gelled hair.

Demik is also right btw.

Lol
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2723 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 17:48:47 »

Demik is also right btw.

Lol

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #2724 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 17:49:57 »
Show Image

lol, there is a wet one. nice

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2725 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 17:51:21 »
call up my ex's friends to do another look-over and see if they can tell me if something like that will work or not.

If you are interested in chasing women or getting a new job, then solicit and follow the advice of women.

Otherwise, just shave your head in the summer and grow it long in the winter.
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2726 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 17:51:41 »

Honestly, once I get back from this trip I'm taking in a month I'm thinking of going crazy and cutting a buncha hair off, something kinda like this at the closer to what I have now, or this at the end with more change.  The only issue is when I see this it tends to be on people with really tall faces and since my hair covers most of my head, I don't quite know what it'd look like.  I think I'm going to call up my ex's friends to do another look-over and see if they can tell me if something like that will work or not.

Ok.. that style certainly "looks cool"

But if you want it to feather like that,  there are only 2 ways.. and both are time-consuming.    Blowdrying/Ironing + wax..   OR hard-hairspray on the front, "flexihold-spray in the back".

Offline 1o57

• %10000100001
« Reply #2727 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 18:03:32 »
Get this:

And rock out in style

Offline Kyi195

« Reply #2728 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 19:51:02 »
call up my ex's friends to do another look-over and see if they can tell me if something like that will work or not.

If you are interested in chasing women or getting a new job, then solicit and follow the advice of women.

Not really planning on using this to chase girls, but they both graduated cosmetology school so I definitely trust their opinion over mine :p

But if you want it to feather like that,  there are only 2 ways.. and both are time-consuming.    Blowdrying/Ironing + wax..   OR hard-hairspray on the front, "flexihold-spray in the back".

And this is what's keeping me from pulling the trigger.  Currently, my hair care is shampoo and conditioner every other day and I just towel dry and brush.  Nothing more, takes me about 2-3 minutes.  Dunno how I feel about actually having to care about styling.

And really, I'm quite iffy on the whole thing anyways.  And plus, if what everyone says about your hair following your mom's dad's patterns, then I'm going to start losing mine in my late 20s anyways.  Yea, unless I hit a point where I NEED to cut it (like if I was going to apply to Disney or something) then I would consider it then, but that just might be too much of a change for me at the moment.  Maybe if I could just tie my hair up and wear wigs all over the place  :))

Get this:
Show Image

And rock out in style

Duuude, I'd need one of those sweet switchblade combs if I was going to even consider using something called "Suavecito"  My buddy from high school would always wear his hair in a pomp, maybe I could send some of that his way  :))

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #2729 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 14:03:03 »

Not really planning on using this to chase girls, but they both graduated cosmetology school so I definitely trust their opinion over mine :p

And this is what's keeping me from pulling the trigger.  Currently, my hair care is shampoo and conditioner every other day and I just towel dry and brush.  Nothing more, takes me about 2-3 minutes.  Dunno how I feel about actually having to care about styling.

And really, I'm quite iffy on the whole thing anyways.  And plus, if what everyone says about your hair following your mom's dad's patterns, then I'm going to start losing mine in my late 20s anyways.  Yea, unless I hit a point where I NEED to cut it (like if I was going to apply to Disney or something) then I would consider it then, but that just might be too much of a change for me at the moment.  Maybe if I could just tie my hair up and wear wigs all over the place  :))

Get this:
Show Image

And rock out in style

Duuude, I'd need one of those sweet switchblade combs if I was going to even consider using something called "Suavecito"  My buddy from high school would always wear his hair in a pomp, maybe I could send some of that his way  :))

Hair cuts! Nononono.

It's very quickly approaching the time I finally post in this thread. Simply to advocate longer hair :P
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #2730 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 17:03:17 »
Might as well.

Taken just before the traditional Champagne breakfast at my graduation last month.
Graduating here involves fancy hats, trucks, and a lot of alcohol.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2731 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 18:00:24 »
Might as well.
Show Image

Taken just before the traditional Champagne breakfast at my graduation last month.

And the Generic White guy award goes to ....

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2732 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 18:17:01 »
Dude, that hat is pretty hilarious.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #2733 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 18:42:10 »
Might as well.
Show Image

And the Generic White guy award goes to ....
Show Image

I'm like 70% Swedish/30% Finnish so yeah, it doesn't get much whiter than this.

Dude, that hat is pretty hilarious.
It's better than the ugly square american hats at least.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #2734 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 01:52:50 »
Might as well.
Show Image

Did you sing "för vi har tagit studenten" ? :)

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
« Reply #2735 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 06:16:30 »
Might as well.
Show Image

Did you sing "för vi har tagit studenten" ? :)
I think we only played that song like once. We played Darude Sandstorm a bunch though :))

Offline 1o57

• %10000100001
« Reply #2736 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 22:35:54 »
Ok, to make up for the humorous last pic I sent (hehehe)

Here you go:

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #2737 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 23:02:54 »
My new facebook profile pic - from this awesome 4th of July weekend

104578-0

Offline hoz

• 60% is more than enough.
« Reply #2738 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 23:51:47 »
weekends:

working*

*carbon arc gauging dual wielding 13mm rods for the sheer fun of it..
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 July 2015, 01:41:13 by hoz »
one 40% and seven 60%'s

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2739 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 06:13:31 »
My new facebook profile pic - from this awesome 4th of July weekend

(Attachment Link)

Wow!  She's grown so much, and so cute :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #2740 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 11:24:21 »
Enjoying me some independance ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 July 2015, 11:26:06 by Tym »
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2741 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 11:30:39 »
Show Image

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #2742 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 11:37:43 »

We celebrate good-riddence day :-*
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2743 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 11:46:35 »

Annnnnnnd right after your post someone linked me Murica parties around the world on facebook.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2744 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 11:49:22 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2745 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 12:14:44 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2746 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 12:17:56 »

You can still visit anytime. ;)

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
  • UKKeycaps.co.uk / MechSupply.co.uk
    • UKKeycaps
« Reply #2747 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:28:22 »
Show Image

Traitor!

Offline atarione

« Reply #2748 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:33:43 »
my cat Fitz telling me to take a break from the computer.

gettin my ice espresso fix

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:38:06 by atarione »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2749 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 23:45:55 »
my cat Fitz telling me to take a break from the computer.

Show Image

gettin my ice espresso fix

Show Image

Why you look like you're about to do something Evil in both pictures..