Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 370829 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
What is the front height of this board?

~18mm

Awesome, thanks for confirming. :thumb:
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline neutralstate

will it be a flat rate of 70 for shipping, or will the prices differ based on where its being shipped to?

Offline SirTimmyTimbit

Would it be possible to get a side view of the PC case?

Offline Clay333

Is the yellow badge a neon/safety yellow, medium yellow, or mustard yellow? I know you probably get sick of these type of questions, but unfortunately without examples of each color it's hard to gauge what to expect. I remember seeing the Think 6.5v2 discussion on Drop way back when it was just starting to be talked about and in those renders there was a black board with neon yellow badge that looked like it would match GMK Nightrunner perfectly. I knew them that was the exact combo I wanted and just wanted to make sure that is still going to be an option. Thanks.

Offline bukowski

The storepage on graystudio.club is up. Hype!!!  :cool:

Offline PotatoTM

Is the yellow badge a neon/safety yellow, medium yellow, or mustard yellow? I know you probably get sick of these type of questions, but unfortunately without examples of each color it's hard to gauge what to expect. I remember seeing the Think 6.5v2 discussion on Drop way back when it was just starting to be talked about and in those renders there was a black board with neon yellow badge that looked like it would match GMK Nightrunner perfectly. I knew them that was the exact combo I wanted and just wanted to make sure that is still going to be an option. Thanks.

The yellow will probably be the same as what they had for the CyberVoyager board: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-7hwtgHVxd/

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Would it be possible to get a side view of the PC case?

Yes, DHL shows the prototypes are scheduled to be delivered on the 17th! I will take pictures of them when I receive the package. I am sure Alex will also showcase different angles when he receive the prototypes, one of which is PC.

There are a few sort of side profile pics floating around on in this thread/instagram as well.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
How does it look when the magnetic badge is removed?

Can't find any photo of such on the Internet.

Here, and I will take more pictures of how the magnetic locking systems work as I receive them soon.

Offline mattv

Is the Schrodinger going to be Alu in mystery color?  No hotswap PCB offered this time?
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 July 2020, 16:50:00 by mattv »

Offline chakkii

Hey oldcat, is the green badge, the teal one from the renders with gmk hammerhead? or is it more of a grass green?

Offline red_clone

what happened to the Discord?

Offline Kalabalik

Check the #welcome channel.

Offline red_clone

Check the #welcome channel.
Thank you, just saw the IG post right after i posted here lol. thanks.

Offline Liub

That shipping is a real killer. Based in Taiwan, I cop it for US/Eur shipping already, thought I might catch a break with Think :(

Offline Shutter_Shock

That shipping is a real killer. Based in Taiwan, I cop it for US/Eur shipping already, thought I might catch a break with Think :(

Yeah that’s unfortunate. I’m sorry. At least as a US customer still waiting on my SU bags though, I’d say the extra for DHL is worth it to me. The entire lubing station IC, GB and delivery occurred while my bags have been stuck in limbo.

Edit: I don’t blame Graystudio for the delay. It is very obviously not their fault at all.

Offline Krimson_Knight

I am new to this website so I apologize if I am not using this thread correctly, but I was curious on the renders. I see that the Teal Badges match the GMK hammerhead caps very well, is this true for the final product? Without pantone specs I do not know how to verify how close Tiffany Teal is to Seafoam. I apologize if this information exists somewhere already. Still learning how to navigate this site properly.

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
I am new to this website so I apologize if I am not using this thread correctly, but I was curious on the renders. I see that the Teal Badges match the GMK hammerhead caps very well, is this true for the final product? Without pantone specs I do not know how to verify how close Tiffany Teal is to Seafoam. I apologize if this information exists somewhere already. Still learning how to navigate this site properly.

i dont think we'll know until we have actual samples of both. color could be off even if intended to match, so just keep that in mind.
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Received first batch of prototypes today! PCBs and Plates are arriving tomorrow/Friday. Alex's are well on the way as well!

Took a few quick shots, will take some good pictures after I build one this Friday!

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
the sail boat badge isn't an option, is it?  That thing looks neat!

Offline alwaysbless

@Oldcat - I see you got the black top with PC bottom. Mind showing what the underglow looks like if you mix and match?

Offline dRnRcRr

Hot fire

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
The valentine shade of pink is 🔥🔥🔥. Can't wait for GB!
Space65 | Thera75 | NIZ TKL | Think6.5 v2 | Lily58
GMK Olivia | Comfy PBT | GMK Yuru
Upcoming:
AE Daedalus | GMK Pink on Navy | GMK Birch | KAT Refined

Offline chowbabyloving

Is there a max amount of keyboards we can order in a single order? We were considering doing a local group buy.

Offline KuroRyuu86

I was prepared for this until I figured out the timezone. Ill be at work (Australian time) Jul 21 8:30am :(

Offline Roddin

can i start crying? was working continuous shifts this week and missed the GB :'(

Offline Greek0709

[mention]Roddin [/mention] don’t start crying yet. The group buy starts on 7/20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Roddin

[mention]Roddin [/mention] don’t start crying yet. The group buy starts on 7/20.

THANK GOD BRO!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. thanks for making my day. was fkin depressed when i saw that the boards were sold out of graystudios.

Offline Greek0709

[mention]Roddin [/mention] glad I could help!!

Offline prognostics

Oldcat, what color is the default badge for the PC version?

Also, the high gloss black version listing is up, at a premium price of $449

Offline heyimpanda

It's the e-white badge. If you click on the full details for the keyboard, scroll down to 'Color options' and it'll be there

Offline alwaysbless

It's the e-white badge. If you click on the full details for the keyboard, scroll down to 'Color options' and it'll be there

According to the many sample pics its white.

Offline drlemon14afc

Anyone here ordering this from the UK? I'm getting worried about how our stupid Brexit-nonsense will affect the shipping of the board as I'm guessing this will be due to ship in 2021 and UK's situation could be ridiculous by then.

I've been saving up for this board and I'm soo excited for it but I'm super stressed about it getting stuck somewhere due to political changes  :-[

Offline Ztox

Anyone here ordering this from the UK? I'm getting worried about how our stupid Brexit-nonsense will affect the shipping of the board as I'm guessing this will be due to ship in 2021 and UK's situation could be ridiculous by then.

I've been saving up for this board and I'm soo excited for it but I'm super stressed about it getting stuck somewhere due to political changes  :-[

I am. I haven't given that any thought, neither am I bothered by it.

Offline drlemon14afc

I am. I haven't given that any thought, neither am I bothered by it.

Fair :thumb: your confidence is giving me a bit more confidence come Monday's GB. Cheers

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
There is a decent chance this GB ships in 2020, at least for some of you. Shipping nowadays is slower than pre-Covid era and much more expensive for the same service, but I will do my best.

The deadline for myself to ship them all out is before the Chinese New Year. Things become uncontrollable then as factories will close for a couple of weeks and couriers may also stop working.

I will order the production materials as soon as I get a solid estimate about the demand after the 24 hrs of GB, that is, next Tuesday in US time. I recently decided to delegate my 3D printing company business to my partner and I am now working on producing top-quality keyboards as a full-time endeavor. I am always in the hunt for better processes and better technologies, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of this board.

Thank you all for the support. And this GB will start this Sunday as Alex builds a prototype on his stream.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2020, 01:31:31 by AIRPOTTER »

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
For the PCB, I will speak on behalf of Demo S:

PCB will have out of box VIA support, it is QMK compatible, has ESD protection
PCB has 18 underglow RGB LEDs, 2 (1U) or 4 (2U) Badge RGB LEDs.
Production version will be a small physical switch to switch off the underglow LEDs.

Offline SpaceCowboy

Production version will be a small physical switch to switch off the underglow LEDs.

So if you get an alu case, you probably won’t be seeing too much of the underglow lighting huh?

Offline mvkoto

There is a decent chance this GB ships in 2020, at least for some of you. Shipping nowadays is slower than pre-Covid era and much more expensive for the same service, but I will do my best.

The deadline for myself to ship them all out is before the Chinese New Year. Things become uncontrollable then as factories will close for a couple of weeks and couriers may also stop working.

I will order the production materials as soon as I get a solid estimate about the demand after the 24 hrs of GB, that is, next Tuesday in US time. I recently decided to delegate my 3D printing company business to my partner and I am now working on producing top-quality keyboards as a full-time endeavor. I am always in the hunt for better processes and better technologies, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of this board.

Thank you all for the support. And this GB will start this Sunday as Alex builds a prototype on his stream.

Thank you!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

So if you get an alu case, you probably won’t be seeing too much of the underglow lighting huh?

Correct. Since there are already 2 different PCBs (for 1U and 2U versions), and some might purchase extra PCBs, we opted to not remove the underglow LEDs for aluminum versions, but to add a small switch to allow you to enable/disable them (no effect on the badge LEDs/other external LEDs, e.g., if you install 4XRGB on the ESC key).

Offline Slayer77

Hi oldcat! Sorry for all the toxic requests, wanted to wish you a good luck on the GB!

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Here is a quick picture of the e-white top + PC bottom. So far it seems to work well. We will do more testing later. And if this proves to work well we will include some of these in the Schrodinger blind boxes.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Hi oldcat! Sorry for all the toxic requests, wanted to wish you a good luck on the GB!

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Hey bro no worries and thanks for the kind wishes!

Offline toumatakeshi

Hey thanks for putting on this GB, super excited. Does your render mean that we can order an e-white top and PC bottom? Or is it only possible with the Schrodinger?

Offline puq

An aluminum top pc bottom option would be absolutely amazing!! Would be awesome to see the underglow

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
DemoS said he will offer the 4XRGB kit along with the Think6.5V2 GB, so there is no need to pay shipping, in case you want to pick up some. Here is an instruction I made, as I built a Think6.5 V2 proto tonight.

Here is a quick tutorial on installing a 4XRGB kit on Think6.5V2. Suffice to say that 4XRGB kit an be installed in many PCBs using various methods, but we have made a conscious effort to make it super easy for you to install it. This is also my absolutely favorite mod to any keyboard build.

First step:
Take a 4XRGB kit (with some wires, which will be provided with the kit in the upcoming GB), and fix it to a flat surface. What I did was to stick it on a plastic surface with a double sided adhesive.
Apply some solder on the pads (the pads will be optimized in the new version DemoS developed, what I am showcasing here is an old version of 4XRGB kit), and solder the 3 wires to the pads.
Note that the 3 pads are G, I, and V.

Second, stick the kit to the PCB. I use double sided adhesive, applied to the bottom of the kit, which sticks to the PCB. Note that I use a switch to guide it, so that later the switch can fit in the switch slot but not collide with the kit.

Third, insert the wires through the hole on the PCB to the back of the PCB.

Fourth, clip the wires to the right length, and solder them to the G.O.V holes, note that you match G wire to G, I wire to O, and V wire to V. I use different colors of wires, but if you might use single color if you can tell them apart as you solder the respective wires to the correct holes.

Fifth, this all is done correctly, when you connect the USB cable, the 4 RGB LEDs on the kit should light up.

This is how it looks like when you put a switch on. Use some transparent or translucent switches for maximum RGB effects.

Lastly, tune your VIA light effects settings to achieve the result you like for the 4XRGB ESC Mod, here is mine.

Not a valid vimeo URL

Offline woyaodapian

looks great! thanks for the guide as well.

Offline beekey

DemoS said he will offer the 4XRGB kit along with the Think6.5V2 GB, so there is no need to pay shipping, in case you want to pick up some. Here is an instruction I made, as I built a Think6.5 V2 proto tonight.

Here is a quick tutorial on installing a 4XRGB kit on Think6.5V2. Suffice to say that 4XRGB kit an be installed in many PCBs using various methods, but we have made a conscious effort to make it super easy for you to install it. This is also my absolutely favorite mod to any keyboard build.

First step:
Take a 4XRGB kit (with some wires, which will be provided with the kit in the upcoming GB), and fix it to a flat surface. What I did was to stick it on a plastic surface with a double sided adhesive.
Apply some solder on the pads (the pads will be optimized in the new version DemoS developed, what I am showcasing here is an old version of 4XRGB kit), and solder the 3 wires to the pads.
Note that the 3 pads are G, I, and V.

Show Image

Second, stick the kit to the PCB. I use double sided adhesive, applied to the bottom of the kit, which sticks to the PCB. Note that I use a switch to guide it, so that later the switch can fit in the switch slot but not collide with the kit.

Show Image

Third, insert the wires through the hole on the PCB to the back of the PCB.

Show Image

Fourth, clip the wires to the right length, and solder them to the G.O.V holes, note that you match G wire to G, I wire to O, and V wire to V. I use different colors of wires, but if you might use single color if you can tell them apart as you solder the respective wires to the correct holes.

Show Image

Fifth, this all is done correctly, when you connect the USB cable, the 4 RGB LEDs on the kit should light up.

Show Image

This is how it looks like when you put a switch on. Use some transparent or translucent switches for maximum RGB effects.

Show Image

Lastly, tune your VIA light effects settings to achieve the result you like for the 4XRGB ESC Mod, here is mine.

Not a valid vimeo URL
Thank you for sharing this.  :thumb:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Hey thanks for putting on this GB, super excited. Does your render mean that we can order an e-white top and PC bottom? Or is it only possible with the Schrodinger?

It won’t be a regular option, we will put some in the schrodinger if it works well after  more tests

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Think6.5v2 with 4XRGB + Think artisan:

Offline itsprobablyme

What board and badge type is everyone getting and why?

Personally, I'll probably be down for an e-white to match my future funk keycaps. I am undecided on base layout of 1u or 2u though. Both look dope. It's hard to choose.