Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 371916 times)

Offline leexy

The prototypes will be tested by myself as well as via live stream with Alexotos. I will be sending him a couple of prototypes soon!

can you get a more reputable and experienced streamer to build and test the prototype?

Offline Trixxur

Good news, the prototypes are confirmed to work perfectly by Potter. All-POM holy pandas were used in testing and the typing feel is sublime.

Next, I have asked Potter (requested by some discord members and friends here) to make gaskets of varying softness and different materials, so I can test them and see if I can find the optimal softness and material. The prototypes should be sent to me soon once the new gaskets are made (a week or so). In the meantime, Potter said he will take some pictures of the Think6.5v2 prototypes and the Space65 ano samples. PC prototypes are also done, pictures forthcoming.

Here is a purple anodization prototype (EVA purple):

Show Image

damn that looks amazing.
Choosing a colour is going to be tough.

Offline cadrev

The prototypes will be tested by myself as well as via live stream with Alexotos. I will be sending him a couple of prototypes soon!

can you get a more reputable and experienced streamer to build and test the prototype?

Alexotos isn't reputable?

Offline JoyousWhale

The purple look so clean and smooth man. A must buy board once the GB start.

Offline Llamakob

Really good keeb you've got going here. Is there any way that we can get a EU proxy like candykeys or myleyboard. As someone who lives in Europe import taxes really kill me. With international shipping plus VAT the price of this keeb would go up to 500 instead of 350. I'd love to get this keyboard but 500 is just a bit too much.

Anyways love the design
There's a conclusion from oldcat about this somewhere above. Essentially they decided they won't proxy because it creates too much potential for problems with something of this cost.

Ahh to bad then. Well thanks for the info in that case. Gonna have to pass in that case as 500 is just too much for me at this moment. Good luck with the gropbuy potter

Offline Kinesiologist

This project is looking good so far.
Can you please elaborate on the following:

1. does the PCB have full ESD protection?
2. does the top and bottom piece of the case share the same color or have the option to do so?
3. can you show diagram of how the plate is mounted?

thank you

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
This project is looking good so far.
Can you please elaborate on the following:

1. does the PCB have full ESD protection?
2. does the top and bottom piece of the case share the same color or have the option to do so?
3. can you show diagram of how the plate is mounted?

thank you

Hey, thanks! Here are some answers:
1. does the PCB have full ESD protection? YES
2. does the top and bottom piece of the case share the same color or have the option to do so? Will plan some color combinations for the GB.
3. can you show diagram of how the plate is mounted? Do you mean a breakdown view of the board? Potter shared a picture of the gaskets here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBYtcDgnZQV/ ; and I will make some demonstration pictures later

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
For the badge poll results, I scraped IG comments and collated the data. Here are the results and we will stick with the plan to have A (gear-bulb) as default badge and B (marine-theme) as the optional badge. C (gray logo badge) is out.

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
Awesome, that's great to hear :thumb:

Offline dstaar

GB is still scheduled in July?
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2020, 20:46:55 by dstaar »

Offline FunBox

• Null
Really hoping I can make this my first high end board :) I think the lightbulb logo is killer

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Blehhh

ive been wanting to try out custom made keyboard
1.is the think65v2 Full gasket isolation mount?
2.what does half seemless means?
Thanks in advance and stay safe everyone :)

Offline acaban

Potter said after thinking further, he will not be working with another vendor (EU or elsewhere), most due to customer service and accountability issues. Keyboards are different from keycaps, they contain many parts that can be easily damaged, and any customer service is extremely expensive. Vendor inspections of boards are also virtually impossible as the boards are sealed. He said he has worked with vendors in the past (e.g., zfrontier), and those GBs had been a pain for buyers and himself. For anything, a buyer communicates with the vendor, and vendor communicates with him, a lot is lost in the process and everything is delayed further. He said based on the experience with Think6.5v1 GB, most EU buyers actually find direct shipping a smooth process. Potter said he will check with his DHL agent on what can be done about customs valuation within legal bounds and with the items insured.
Here it is

ok thank you, I hope this will not be expensive to ship to EU!

Offline kevchigga

2. does the top and bottom piece of the case share the same color or have the option to do so? Will plan some color combinations for the GB.
3. can you show diagram of how the plate is mounted? Do you mean a breakdown view of the board? Potter shared a picture of the gaskets here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBYtcDgnZQV/ ; and I will make some demonstration pictures later

I'm easy. I see a white case I buy! lmao. But to have a 2 tone option would be super cool! E-white top and black bottom = DONE DEAL. TAKE MY MONEY!

Offline Spicemaster

Will there be the option for both versions of Panda (white top, black bottom; black top, white bottom)?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

I'm easy. I see a white case I buy! lmao. But to have a 2 tone option would be super cool! E-white top and black bottom = DONE DEAL. TAKE MY MONEY!

Yes I am actually a huge fan of the Panda colorway (e-white top and black bottom), for sure it will be offered.

Offline chowder266

any idea who's making the thonk and cat think artisans?
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2020, 22:25:45 by chowder266 »

Offline ninjacore

Will the pink and purple colors both be available?

https://imgur.com/a/lE3GqEb

Offline LolChocotaco

Loving this keyboard. Highly considering for my 65% build

Offline bigern302

I need the purple.  So good looking. 

Offline dstaar

GB is still scheduled in July?

is GB in beginning of July?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
PC prototypes (2U):

Offline OsoKekkou

Re: [IC] Think6.5 v2.0 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // PC & Alu prototypes!
« Reply #872 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 00:38:44 »
Whooooooo boyyy  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline Trixxur

« Reply #873 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 00:43:14 »
Might have to grab 2 keyboards at this rate

Offline bigern302

« Reply #874 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 00:48:19 »
Yeah, this is escalating the wallet pain rapidly. 

Offline RedBananaBread

« Reply #875 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 00:55:36 »
They look soooo good! Can't wait! :thumb:

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #876 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 01:46:05 »
If its not too much to ask, could you go some renders with GMK Sumi or GMK Deep Navy?

Offline willyG

« Reply #877 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 02:44:03 »
REAAALLY hope you plan to use that lilac / lavendar from the renders. EVA-01 is cool but since it was just used for SPACE65 I'd like to see something new! (plus I'm trying to match with taro lol).

Any chance of a black or gray polycarb??

Offline Shiftbuzz

« Reply #878 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 06:59:05 »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBD25zqHJFc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Damn this half/half combo from your IG looks soooo good. Any chance this combo will be available?

Offline Oddstag

« Reply #879 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 07:12:36 »
Would love to see more of the EVA purple!

Offline cLRLYY

« Reply #880 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 08:53:14 »
Thats it, this will be my first premium 65%. Looks really awesome, can't wait for the GB!

Offline SteveV

« Reply #881 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 10:38:09 »
Curious, will this version also have a hotswap verison like the first run?

Offline shb

« Reply #882 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 12:03:56 »

On his Instagram, he said that a hotswap version will not be an option for the GB but might have another plate+PCB run afterwards. Question is, how long after will that be? I think the interest in a hotswap PCB is really high and shouldve been an option in the upcoming GB.

Offline jubei

« Reply #883 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 13:36:27 »

On his Instagram, he said that a hotswap version will not be an option for the GB but might have another plate+PCB run afterwards. Question is, how long after will that be? I think the interest in a hotswap PCB is really high and shouldve been an option in the upcoming GB.

Let’s have a vote :)

Offline Vaudevi77ain

« Reply #884 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 14:26:09 »

Will that additional plate run mean another weight design besides the anchor? Or just extras

Offline SteveV

« Reply #885 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 17:58:46 »

Thanks for the info and that's a bummer!

Offline rewke

« Reply #886 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 18:19:52 »

What!?!? Nooooooooooo

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #887 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 20:48:19 »
Oldcat explained that the lack of hotswap is due to a compatibility issue with the gasket mounting.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #888 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 21:26:44 »
Oldcat explained that the lack of hotswap is due to a compatibility issue with the gasket mounting.

Yeah, it certainly can be done, but my experience with a couple of hotswap boards with thin plate (pcb screwed to the plate) is that it doesn't feel that nice. Hence I opt not to offer it. With a thick plate and PCB screwed to it, I can see it work well, but again people might not like thick plate sound.

Offline FunBox

• Null
« Reply #889 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 21:35:51 »
People can always just Millmax the PCB if they absolutely need to have hotswap support. Not offering it is no big deal

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Offline drlemon14afc

« Reply #890 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 06:58:02 »
Hey oldcat, you may have already mentioned this in the thread, or others may have but for those in Europe do you estimate the total cost of the board + shipping + taxes comes to approximately €500? Sorry if this has already been verified or if you're unable to give a figure at this time - just trying to pre-plan my budget to get this board as I missed out on r2

Offline StateSheriff

« Reply #891 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 08:16:02 »
Hey oldcat, you may have already mentioned this in the thread, or others may have but for those in Europe do you estimate the total cost of the board + shipping + taxes comes to approximately €500? Sorry if this has already been verified or if you're unable to give a figure at this time - just trying to pre-plan my budget to get this board as I missed out on r2

At 20% VAT rate for the aluminum base set you're looking at roughly €430 for board + shipping + taxes.

(Shipping isn't confirmed yet, I used an estimate of $40. Also the VAT rate and any extra duty will vary depending on your country.)

Offline drlemon14afc

« Reply #892 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 09:41:08 »

At 20% VAT rate for the aluminum base set you're looking at roughly €430 for board + shipping + taxes.

(Shipping isn't confirmed yet, I used an estimate of $40. Also the VAT rate and any extra duty will vary depending on your country.)

Thanks so much for that info! I was expecting around the €500 mark so anything under will be such a bonus - can't wait for the GB to drop!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #893 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 10:17:46 »
Details of the injection-molded prototype gasket with the release cuts - more pictures of various hardness/material coming soon.

Also, I am working on the GB color offering poll, should be out soon!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #894 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 10:37:37 »
GB Aluminum color offering poll is out, will provide top colors as polled:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1b5Mma6KRHHaKYk9So2Im3hGWBhYtm0ZEAhtuHuNldHM/viewform

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
In the dual color, cant we not select any variant  of the poresented color. For example White-Blue which is not in the form.

Offline lz2019

the blue in the color poll is the same blue in v1.0 ? 
and, any real sample of the Red in dual-color 4&9 ?

Offline SirTimmyTimbit

What are those lines of powder on the side? 🤔

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
Show Image

What are those lines of powder on the side? 🤔

scratch marks from an oldcat. i had the same idea running through my head lol

Offline noorejji

Keebs and cocaine.

Btw is that blue color a blue-grey? Blue steel?