Author Topic: [IC] THINK6.5° - PC/Alu 65% Keyboard (Brass Raffle 4/13)  (Read 185008 times)

Offline HAYAN

I hope that the payment deadline is over 10th April.

My payday is 10th of every month  :rolleyes:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I wonder how the dark/smoked PC case influence the colour of the underglow LEDs.

Tempted to go clear for all that tasty lighting but smoked looks sooooo good.

Looking at the material itself it seems shine-through will be minimal. But we will know for sure soon as the prototype is being made.
Potter said he will possibly do stress tests on the prototypes (drop on the ground, etc....)

Offline kolyz

I'm torn between PC and aluminum now!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Haha! A good problem to have :P

Offline wt5now

Is there switch LED on PCB? Or can I solder 2x3x4 LED for each switch?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Is there switch LED on PCB? Or can I solder 2x3x4 LED for each switch?

No in-switch LED. Only 3 LEDs, above the position of the badge.
4XRGB on ESC and 8 underglow SMD LEDs are default.

Offline Marutks

Isn't aluminum always better?   I have never had PC keeb

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] THINK6.5° - Polycarbonate 65% Keyboard (GB/Raffle details 3/31 6:50PM)
« Reply #507 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 01:49:19 »

Isn't aluminum always better?   I have never had PC keeb
Nothing is ever “always better”.
PC is great if you’re looking for a “bouncier” and softer typing feeling, sometimes preferable for tactile switches. Think the HHKB with its integrated plastic plate vs. the Realforce.
With an integrated alu plate, the typing will feel super solid and stable.
And then there’s the look of transparent PC vs. anodized alu.
It all depends on your preferences.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 March 2019, 01:51:22 by nguyenhimself »

Offline PikaJoyce

Why not get both? Problem solved!

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Hi oldcat. I know it's a far out thing to predict, but how long do you estimate production to take?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Hi oldcat. I know it's a far out thing to predict, but how long do you estimate production to take?

Hey bro, based on Space65’s production progress so far (~450 sets), we are looking at 3-4 months turnaround time.

Offline kolyz

What alu colors will be available?
I know you mentioned in the past that the badge/ weight will be pvd brass and colored gold. Does this change now that you are offering alu as an option instead of PC?

Offline xkhol

Hi oldcat, could you please do a render for SA Vilebloom? I’d love to see how it looks on the frosted PC. I’m trying to decide between PC or Aluminum to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tekniqs

i want that SMOKE

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
What alu colors will be available?
I know you mentioned in the past that the badge/ weight will be pvd brass and colored gold. Does this change now that you are offering alu as an option instead of PC?

Hey there, PC will be offered. Brass is 20 units raffle.
Alu will also be offered, with black/silver/gray/midnight(navy) blue, possibly Tiffany and other colors still in the color matching process.

Offline temp0321

Will there be an option to upgrade to rose gold weight only for non-badge layouts?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
rose gold alu badge

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I love Wavez. Let's do this

Offline Bhk1004

rose gold alu badge

Show Image

Imagine with olivia... o f me...

Offline ian13

Oof! Love that midnight blue badge! Will that be the same colorway for the alu version?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Oof! Love that midnight blue badge! Will that be the same colorway for the alu version?

All those new colors will be available for Alu version. Plus black/gray/silver/red/Tiffany
Yes I agree the midnight blue is so good

Offline ian13

All those new colors will be available for Alu version. Plus black/gray/silver/red/Tiffany

Damn! That's a really nice colorway! I was pretty much decided to get the pc version until I saw that blue  :eek:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Damn! That's a really nice colorway! I was pretty much decided to get the pc version until I saw that blue  :eek:

the midnight blue can work with Mizu and Metropolis pretty well

Offline Starius

the midnight blue can work with Mizu and Metropolis pretty well

I'm thinking DSA Season of the Witch, too. 

Offline BryceAZ

I've got GMK Green Screen caps coming next month and I'm looking forward to adding them to one of the aluminum cases.  Wondering if Black, Grey, or Silver will be the best match.  Leaning towards grey but I'll have to wait and see more pics if possible.  Was the price of the aluminum cases mentioned?  Didn't see it in my browsing of this thread.

Thx!

Offline Bhk1004

I've got GMK Green Screen caps coming next month and I'm looking forward to adding them to one of the aluminum cases.  Wondering if Black, Grey, or Silver will be the best match.  Leaning towards grey but I'll have to wait and see more pics if possible.  Was the price of the aluminum cases mentioned?  Didn't see it in my browsing of this thread.

Thx!

Same as PC.

Offline TuCZnak

I've got GMK Green Screen caps coming next month

Sorry for OT, but is that a thing? I know of SA Green Screen and GMK Terminal, can't find anything about GMK Green Screen...

Offline BryceAZ

My bad, I'm referring to the massdrop x admgc SA Green Screen Keycap Set.  Just mistyped in my post. 

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
My bad, I'm referring to the massdrop x admgc SA Green Screen Keycap Set.  Just mistyped in my post.

Man I love that set! Has it coming too!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Thx!

Aluminum price will be 299.98, including alu case, PVD brass badge and weight, pcb, and accessories.
So far we are planning for 9 colors for aluminum: midnight blue, dark green, neon green, tiffany, rose gold, black, gray, silver, red.
For the color I will confirm with Potter before releasing the details tomorrow evening.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Some Jamon Love:

Offline eyedrop

Not that you need any more hype....

I always like it when a maker personalized certain number of boards.

How about numbering the first 65 of the boards you sell?   :cool:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Confirmed with Potter that we will make this one (alu) for Wavez lovers.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Not that you need any more hype....

I always like it when a maker personalized certain number of boards.

How about numbering the first 65 of the boards you sell?   :cool:

Good idea. Thanks!!
Let me talk to Potter about this!

Offline fatpolomanjr

I like this board and layout because it reminds me of the E7. Pretty much a 67%, no?

Wish it had gaps between the arrows and right mods; same for the PgUp/PgDn keys. An E7-like 65% layout would be really hard for me to pass up. Good luck with the group buy.  :thumb:
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I like this board and layout because it reminds me of the E7. Pretty much a 67%, no?

Wish it had gaps between the arrows and right mods; same for the PgUp/PgDn keys. An E7-like 65% layout would be really hard for me to pass up. Good luck with the group buy.  :thumb:

Yes, this is basically a 67-key layout (4 layouts available), minus the 2 keys we have the compact 660 layout.
Thanks and E7 was really good!

Offline PixelBio

Sorry, I'm still getting used to GB and everything.

Is this going to be a kit or a built keyboard?

Offline Furikurichemy

It will be a kit. The Hotswap option doesn't require soldering though.

Offline Bhk1004

Kit. If you are new to this you still need 3 things. Cable to connect to whatever you will use it to. Switches and key caps.

Offline eyedrop

Don't forget stabilizer.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline Bhk1004

Don't forget stabilizer.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

:thumb:

Offline noahf

did i miss this announcement?

Offline Bhk1004

Not yet

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
GB with form links will be posted to Geekhack on April 10 for approval. Only forms submitted during the GB or raffle period will be valid. To further gauge your interest prior to the GB, and possibly help you make an informed decision during this GB-heavy season, here are some sneak peeks.

1. Full Brass Raffle (25 units): April 13 (Form Open:6:50:00AM -6:50:00PM PST, at 8:30 PST winners will be announced, if there are unpaid spots, FCFS based on form submission time of the rest of the entries)
2. PC/Alu GB: April 14 6:50:00PM PST - April 30 (GB stops early if production capacity is reached at a combined maximum of 650)

Layouts: all 4 layouts will be made.

Pricing:
PC/Aluminum, flat rate for all layouts: $299.98, excluding PayPal fees and shipping.
1. Full polycarbonate/Full aluminum top and bottom
2. One brass weight (gold pvd)
3. One brass badge (gold pvd, not included for #2 or #3 layout)
4. One PCB (white-yellow colorway)
5. Screws, rubber feet, SIP sockets, LEDs, and box.

PC color choices: frost clear (regular PC), frost black (glass fiber-enhanced PC)
Aluminum color choices: midnight blue, dark green, gray, tiffany blue, rose gold

Possible add-ons:
Extra PCB (50), aluminum badge (varies based on qty), additional PVD color brass weight+badge (50)

Giveaway Raffle:
Eligibility:
1. follow @graystudio01 and @oldcat87 on Instagram
2. payment is made before the payment deadline (4/30)

Rules:
For every 50 units, there will be a raffle. Some details below:
1. Discount sale raffle: 3 randomly selected winners out of ALL orders will receive a $49.98 refund.
2. First 50 orders will be entered into a drawing of 1 winner of 3 anodized aluminum badges.
3. First 100 orders (first 50 still eligible) will be entered into a drawing of 3 winners of 1 rose gold PVD brass weight.
4. First 150 orders (first 100 still eligible, same applies below) will be entered into a drawing of 3 winners of 1 rose gold PVD brass badge.
5. First 200 orders (first 150 still eligible, same applies below) will be entered into a drawing of 3 winners of 1 aluminum badge.
6. If we reach more than 200 orders, more raffles will open, which we will announce later.
8. If you bought extra addon and are a winner of a certain raffle, a partial refund will be issued to you.
9. Raffle for PC and Aluminum are combined. Brass is added to the whole pool but only eligible for the first overall discount sale raffle.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 April 2019, 22:10:35 by oldcat »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Hey I think Google may have got it wrong or something. I am not very good with timezone, only aware that AZ time zone never changes. MST is 6:56PM right now?

Offline tunadesu

Sweeeet. Getting ready! I know it says PC colors TBD, but I have a feeling we might see that smoked black version ;)

Offline DetectiveNio

Hoping PC gets a Tiffy Blue color choice :*

Offline BobCarltheThird

Oh hey another two weeks to get some more money saved up for this!
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline noahf

Hey I think Google may have got it wrong or something. I am not very good with timezone, only aware that AZ time zone never changes. MST is 6:56PM right now?

im in the west cost and it says MST was an hour later than we currently our. so it was posted at 7:50 MST according to the google (6:50 PST)

Offline kolyz

how do you install the leds that are next to the badge?