Author Topic: All GB's ran on GeekHack should be Updated and Discussed on Geek Hack.  (Read 19756 times)

Offline the_marsbar

Re: All GB's ran on geekhack should be updated and discussed on geekhack
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 06:55:04 »
Also, banning someone for bringing issues to light?  Really?  That's super sketchy.  Everyone has the right to be made aware of these issues and resolutions, whether they entered the GB or not.  People will find out, and all you're doing by banning people is rapidly losing everyone's trust.

Agree 100%!

Offline Yeoh

Re: All GB's ran on GeekHack should be Updated and Discussed on Geek Hack.
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 13:23:38 »
and that screw hole slip was on me :P

Wait, what?

If the purpose of your post is to show the incompetence of the gb runner, why the f*ck would you include damage you caused yourself?

I was suspicious of the thread to begin with: a bunch of pictures of defective boards, with no context whatsoever.

Then it turns out some (most?) of the pictures arent even yours... that the issues have already been acknowledged, and remedied... and now you admit the damage in a few of them was caused by you!?

LOL gtfo of here dude. It is one thing to bring previously unseen problems to light, its another entirely to start sh*t over issues that have already been taken care of, and dont even involve you in the first place.

Also, banning someone for bringing issues to light?  Really?  That's super sketchy.  Everyone has the right to be made aware of these issues and resolutions, whether they entered the GB or not.  People will find out, and all you're doing by banning people is rapidly losing everyone's trust.

Agree 100%!

Except that isnt why he was banned.

I didnt agree with the way Xondat's discord channels worked, but thats since been resolved. Its a shame it took this thread to make it happen, but that goes to show the level of integrity Xondat has by being so accommodating despite the baseless claims that were meant only to hurt his reputation/business/livelihood.

QC issues happen, and its only fair to at least give the GB runner a chance to fix them before flipping your board/product, and posting a snarky thread with a bunch of pics that arent even yours, showcasing damage caused by the OP himself no less, and with absolutely no context to begin with.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 July 2018, 13:25:13 by Yeoh »

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 14:14:23 »
and that screw hole slip was on me :P

Wait, what?

If the purpose of your post is to show the incompetence of the gb runner, why the f*ck would you include damage you caused yourself?

I was suspicious of the thread to begin with: a bunch of pictures of defective boards, with no context whatsoever.

Then it turns out some (most?) of the pictures arent even yours... that the issues have already been acknowledged, and remedied... and now you admit the damage in a few of them was caused by you!?

LOL gtfo of here dude. It is one thing to bring previously unseen problems to light, its another entirely to start sh*t over issues that have already been taken care of, and dont even involve you in the first place.

Agree 100%!

Except that isnt why he was banned.

I didnt agree with the way Xondat's discord channels worked, but thats since been resolved. Its a shame it took this thread to make it happen, but that goes to show the level of integrity Xondat has by being so accommodating despite the baseless claims that were meant only to hurt his reputation/business/livelihood.

QC issues happen, and its only fair to at least give the GB runner a chance to fix them before flipping your board/product, and posting a snarky thread with a bunch of pics that arent even yours, showcasing damage caused by the OP himself no less, and with absolutely no context to begin with.

Just because they don't involve him doesn't mean he shouldn't bring them to light, which is exactly what he did. On top of that, thanks to this post, Xondat now saw the light (aka got called out) and moved information to a public forum, where they should have been in the first place.

Given his track record for group buys (see the X60 fiasco), I can't fault Clasicks for trying to bring issues to light which should have been in the first place.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 14:37:58 »
Just because they don't involve him doesn't mean he shouldn't bring them to light, which is exactly what he did. On top of that, thanks to this post, Xondat now saw the light (aka got called out) and moved information to a public forum, where they should have been in the first place.

Given his track record for group buys (see the X60 fiasco), I can't fault Clasicks for trying to bring issues to light which should have been in the first place.

Bringing previously unseen issues to light is a great idea.

Bringing previously unseen issues to light that have already been dealt with, providing no context, simply to hurt someones rep, because feelings were hurt, is actually very misleading and kind of a scumbag thing to do.

Im in no way excusing Xondat for the way he ran his GBs/Discord in the past, especially as far as who had access to them. Or for doing it that way to get around the max GH GB rule. That isnt cool at all, and probably goes a fair way in explaining most of the problems he has had, especially concerning quality control.

What track record are we talking about anyway? Everyone knows Xondat's previous GBs have had issues. Everyone should also know he has done everything in his power to remedy them... show me a GB runner who hasnt had issues at some point. Not sure what you are trying to imply.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 14:56:57 »
Yeoh: I am fine with being called names, like you said this has nothing to do with me.

I will let you know, i have had 4 people in the current 268 buy reach out, personally, to thank me. They can't say anything without fear of said GB runner lashing out. In essence he has the boards and or their money held hostage.

Call me whatever you want, slander me to hell and back. It's all good.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 15:00:49 »
And in regards to the image of the screw hole mishap, whats the problem with it being in an album that was unrelated to this post?

HAVE fun, Support whoever you want.

I will happily be the bad guy to save people from the hell of Noxary GB's.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 15:28:32 »
Yeoh: I am fine with being called names, like you said this has nothing to do with me.

Please show me where I called you a name.

I will let you know, i have had 4 people in the current 268 buy reach out, personally, to thank me. They can't say anything without fear of said GB runner lashing out. In essence he has the boards and or their money held hostage.

I guess we will take your word for it.

And in regards to the image of the screw hole mishap, whats the problem with it being in an album that was unrelated to this post?

Are we talking about the picture you posted the OP with the broken screw?

Genuinely curious, apologies if I misunderstood somehow.

If thats what you think you are doing here, id really like to see what you consider a spiteful overreaction to getting your feelings hurt (which is what I think is happening here.)

Cheers!

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 15:32:39 »

Please show me where I called you a name.

I guess we will take your word for it.

Are we talking about the picture you posted the OP with the broken screw?

Genuinely curious, apologies if I misunderstood somehow.

If thats what you think you are doing here, id really like to see what you consider a spiteful overreaction to getting your feelings hurt (which is what I think is happening here.)

Cheers!

1. Valid, read it as you calling me a scumbag, sorry on the defensive.

2. Yup you will.

3. https://i.imgur.com/bvcLDYx.jpg This is the screw hole, The image in OP is one users sheared bolt, I know another had a similar experience, He has been marked (Happy with Board)

4. Why do you think my feelings are hurt? I have no horse in this race...

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 15:39:02 »
The image in OP is one users sheared bolt, I know another had a similar experience, He has been marked (Happy with Board)

No he hasn't?

It's currently being resolved, and I'm going to cover all costs + the trouble.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 15:47:56 »
The image in OP is one users sheared bolt, I know another had a similar experience, He has been marked (Happy with Board)

No he hasn't?

It's currently being resolved, and I'm going to cover all costs + the trouble.

Was referring to - i_need_a_bath (happy with kit) and not Dungy.

Since its turning into he said she said... Wurst = I_need

they may have just not told you after how you reacted to Xosk.

Offline exanile_tabasco

• settling down
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 20:52:49 »
First of all, I don't think anybody is in a position to claim that they saw the worst of the X60 V1. My board was botched so badly by the factory, specifically, the screw holes and scratches everywhere, that xondat agreed to carry me over to the R. The board was nothing more than a paperweight, and a very, very ugly one at that.

Normally, I'm the kind of guy retailers don't want to deal with. I want my product on time, as described, sans defects, and any defects accounted for & explained & fixed pronto, or I'm instantly escalating to their HQ. I know my rights - I'm looking at you, local GM dealership that's about to get one hell of an ass-whupping from GM Corporate.

But this is Geekhack, and generally keyboard group buys we're talking about. It's not like you don't know what you're getting into, and if you do......maybe it's time to reconsider your expectations. Large, expensive group buys that don't run into hiccups at some point are rarer than rocking horse ****; every large GB has its fair share of problems.

And xondat has been working hard through his GBs. Yes, it took him a while to respond to my initial messages regarding the botched X60, but he did get around to it. And I've been very happy with the way Discord has been working, because it allows us to have quick updates on how everything is going, a direct line of communication to him, as well as some spicy banter that won't be found on GH, which is as lively and timely as a dead squirrel. Yeah, that's the truth, sue me if you have the ability to change that. I've added about an automatic week of waiting to every PM or post I click Send on. Don't act like this is groundbreaking news.

While I felt a certain amount of frustration regarding the delays in communication and the fact that nobody else in the V1 group buy shared my frustrations / unique quandary, I went about voicing it in as healthy a way as I could while not suppressing my own interests.

Now, it's good to have these threads open again. As said before, open GBs should have open threads. But quite frankly, shutting down Discord will be highly detrimental to GB communication in the long run. While I don't agree with some of the "rules" set in the server, I believe everybody in the X60R GB was given plenty of time and reminders to join the Discord so that we all were in it with no one left hanging.

"All GBs ran on GeekHack should be Updated and Discussed on Gek Hack". That's correct. That doesn't mean that all GBs ran on GeekHack will be updated on Geekhack, and you and I both know that is also correct. And when that happens, the same people *****ing about the elitism in running a private Discord server are going to be the same people *****ing for an personalized update every 4 hours. This isn't Microcenter.

And people, stop childishly throwing around vaguely expensive $600 price tags like it's supposed to mean something. A $600 product GB and a $100 product GB are, at the end of the day, still group buys. And knowing GBs on here, DEFINITELY caveat emptor. It doesn't mean ****. Not to those of us who have far more expensive commitments in life, and are still saddled with customer service issues in a proper retail context. It's your money and you chose to commit it to a keyboard group buy. If you have legitimate concerns and / or product quality concerns and the GB runner is being a **** about you publicizing it, then by all means, do it. But don't try to flaunt the price tag to magnify your woes, how you have been hurt by the GB runner. If you have complaints, post them here for all to see (pictures speak a thousand words).

And why post pictures of damage that you inflicted yourself? It just tarnishes your formerly righteous position on this issue. Was the other person, whose board you posted, in constant contact with you and wanted to combine your testimonies to full effect? If not, you just come off as a pompous ass who's trying hard to discredit another individual beyond what is warranted by that person's (in this case, definitely warranted) behaviour towards you.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 July 2018, 21:51:02 by exanile_tabasco »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 21:28:05 »
snip

A+ for the lively essay, would read again.

On a serious note: there's detriment to having external instant chat as preferred method for quick contact and discussion of the group buy.  The issue is that having such chat and putting most of the communication into it results in lack of transparency for those not in the chat, and thus also for any potential future group buy participants.  It also makes it difficult for the moderation team to have a clear idea of how a group buy organizer is faring in his or her performance and ability to deliver on the promised goods/services, if what we get is hearsay dissatisfaction with no details to back it up (takes more work for us to contact group buy participants individually and try to get a complete picture).

I support xondat's decision to move the bulk of the communication to his group buy threads on geekhack, and it's up to him to still offer a Discord chat on the side if he wishes to.  We just ask that any and all relevant information pertaining to a group buy be posted in the corresponding group buy thread, and that people shouldn't feel uncomfortable to discuss issues with their orders in public (as opposed to a private chat).

Basically we're a forum, a community.  Group Buy section is still part of the community, and so using it to simply advertise an externally-run group buy with limited communication and support here is discouraged.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 July 2018, 21:30:12 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 22:40:19 »
First of all, I don't think anybody is in a position to claim that they saw the worst of the X60 V1. My board was botched so badly by the factory, specifically, the screw holes and scratches everywhere, that xondat agreed to carry me over to the R. The board was nothing more than a paperweight, and a very, very ugly one at that.

Normally, I'm the kind of guy retailers don't want to deal with. I want my product on time, as described, sans defects, and any defects accounted for & explained & fixed pronto, or I'm instantly escalating to their HQ. I know my rights - I'm looking at you, local GM dealership that's about to get one hell of an ass-whupping from GM Corporate.

But this is Geekhack, and generally keyboard group buys we're talking about. It's not like you don't know what you're getting into, and if you do......maybe it's time to reconsider your expectations. Large, expensive group buys that don't run into hiccups at some point are rarer than rocking horse ****; every large GB has its fair share of problems.

And xondat has been working hard through his GBs. Yes, it took him a while to respond to my initial messages regarding the botched X60, but he did get around to it. And I've been very happy with the way Discord has been working, because it allows us to have quick updates on how everything is going, a direct line of communication to him, as well as some spicy banter that won't be found on GH, which is as lively and timely as a dead squirrel. Yeah, that's the truth, sue me if you have the ability to change that. I've added about an automatic week of waiting to every PM or post I click Send on. Don't act like this is groundbreaking news.

While I felt a certain amount of frustration regarding the delays in communication and the fact that nobody else in the V1 group buy shared my frustrations / unique quandary, I went about voicing it in as healthy a way as I could while not suppressing my own interests.

Now, it's good to have these threads open again. As said before, open GBs should have open threads. But quite frankly, shutting down Discord will be highly detrimental to GB communication in the long run. While I don't agree with some of the "rules" set in the server, I believe everybody in the X60R GB was given plenty of time and reminders to join the Discord so that we all were in it with no one left hanging.

"All GBs ran on GeekHack should be Updated and Discussed on Gek Hack". That's correct. That doesn't mean that all GBs ran on GeekHack will be updated on Geekhack, and you and I both know that is also correct. And when that happens, the same people *****ing about the elitism in running a private Discord server are going to be the same people *****ing for an personalized update every 4 hours. This isn't Microcenter.

And people, stop childishly throwing around vaguely expensive $600 price tags like it's supposed to mean something. A $600 product GB and a $100 product GB are, at the end of the day, still group buys. And knowing GBs on here, DEFINITELY caveat emptor. It doesn't mean ****. Not to those of us who have far more expensive commitments in life, and are still saddled with customer service issues in a proper retail context. It's your money and you chose to commit it to a keyboard group buy. If you have legitimate concerns and / or product quality concerns and the GB runner is being a **** about you publicizing it, then by all means, do it. But don't try to flaunt the price tag to magnify your woes, how you have been hurt by the GB runner. If you have complaints, post them here for all to see (pictures speak a thousand words).

And why post pictures of damage that you inflicted yourself? It just tarnishes your formerly righteous position on this issue. Was the other person, whose board you posted, in constant contact with you and wanted to combine your testimonies to full effect? If not, you just come off as a pompous ass who's trying hard to discredit another individual beyond what is warranted by that person's (in this case, definitely warranted) behaviour towards you.

You bought an x60 in 2016, still dont have a board, and are defending him?

Man i wish i had your patience. Hope you get a nice flawless one eventually!

I shared my album that i used when i was selling, when someone asked about my board, i thought i had written that in the post...

Offline exanile_tabasco

• settling down
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 23:02:53 »
You bought an x60 in 2016, still dont have a board, and are defending him?

Man i wish i had your patience. Hope you get a nice flawless one eventually!

I shared my album that i used when i was selling, when someone asked about my board, i thought i had written that in the post...

I have a number of boards I'm waiting on / waiting to finish, and time flies. When you slip deep into serious illness and things like catastrophic car accidents and loved ones' deaths are all waiting for you around the corner in the span of a few months, waiting an extra year for a keyboard suddenly seems very small.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending his behaviour or what he has said. Not sure why he decided to take it out on you like that, although I do not know all of both sides of the story. I've generally stuck to my own GB on there so I'm ignorant of the (evidently) sh*te that goes on in other parts of the server.

What I've found is that on GH buys, while you want to get the point across that you're frustrated with delays and (in this case, and others) appalling product quality, antagonizing the GB runner too much has a tendency to turn them into Ivans. I don't think anyone wants that. I just don't want to go back to the former state of waiting 3 months for a reply to a message. Discord has spoiled me, I guess.

And even if the OP in threads like these has merely the intention of getting the product he signed up for, threads like these invite random trolls with no stake whatsoever in the GB in question to come and antagonize people in the aforementioned way to increase the odds of them disappearing with the money. Hence the beauty of Discord, despite the inevitable lack of transparency.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 July 2018, 23:05:08 by exanile_tabasco »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 10:12:40 »
but that goes to show the level of integrity Xondat has by being so accommodating despite the baseless claims that were meant only to hurt his reputation/business/livelihood.

I have no horse in this race and I want absolutely nothing to do with the topic in general but this is a hilarious notion to me. I don't know how anyone can possibly infer something like that.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 11:27:16 »
but that goes to show the level of integrity Xondat has by being so accommodating despite the baseless claims that were meant only to hurt his reputation/business/livelihood.

I have no horse in this race and I want absolutely nothing to do with the topic in general but this is a hilarious notion to me. I don't know how anyone can possibly infer something like that.

Easily. Take a look at his responses and the actions they entail in this thread alone.

From my point of view, it appears Xondat is doing everything he can to openly admit his mistakes, right his wrongs, and make amends at his own expense. Most other vendors with much worse track records have simply gone radio silent and continued to pump out new products, avoiding any previous responsibility while taking advantage of the unaware in the meantime, apparently in hopes that it will all blow over (Sprit, Jchan, etc.)

In any case, the burden of proof lies with you here. So please explain how it is untrue, if you are able.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 11:39:05 »
 :eek:  there should be a trigger warning on this thread for those easily triggered

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 13:42:17 »
Easily. Take a look at his responses and the actions they entail in this thread alone.

From my point of view, it appears Xondat is doing everything he can to openly admit his mistakes, right his wrongs, and make amends at his own expense. Most other vendors with much worse track records have simply gone radio silent and continued to pump out new products, avoiding any previous responsibility while taking advantage of the unaware in the meantime, apparently in hopes that it will all blow over (Sprit, Jchan, etc.)

In any case, the burden of proof lies with you here. So please explain how it is untrue, if you are able.

Measuring one's success by comparing it to their peers' failure is fallacious. It's equiparable to the ridiculous culture that's unfortunately been cemented over the years where you clap when someone quits smoking after 20 years, or when people look up to someone who's been through rehab and stopped snorting cocaine - meanwhile everyone else that were never a drug-addled chimney are just regular people.

My exposure to Xondat's buys has been hearsay at the most so I don't hold it over him on a personal level, I just don't think he wants to (nor should he) be congratulated for not continuing to be shady for the x-th time and bringing things to light now that someone forced his hand. I think he wants (or should) thrive to be a better vendor/member of the community and doing right by people whom he collected money from if for no other reason than for the fact it is his job.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 13:43:15 »

I don't think you're getting what burden of proof means.  While I applaud Xondat on his efforts to get this rectified, there seem to be varying accounts of what it took to get those efforts started- not just with classicks.  So to say that he just wants to hurt his reputation/business/livelihood seems like the burden of proof for that intent is on you.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 14:08:41 »

Measuring one's success by comparing it to their peers' failure is fallacious. It's equiparable to the ridiculous culture that's unfortunately been cemented over the years where you clap when someone quits smoking after 20 years, or when people look up to someone who's been through rehab and stopped snorting cocaine - meanwhile everyone else that were never a drug-addled chimney are just regular people.

Debatable, in any case both observations could easily be made independent of each other.

My exposure to Xondat's buys has been hearsay at the most so I don't hold it over him on a personal level, I just don't think he wants to (nor should he) be congratulated for not continuing to be shady for the x-th time and bringing things to light now that someone forced his hand. I think he wants (or should) thrive to be a better vendor/member of the community and doing right by people whom he collected money from if for no other reason than for the fact it is his job.

I can see what you are trying to say, but the point im trying to make here isnt about congratulating anyone, its about putting totally out of context accusations in their place.

I don't think you're getting what burden of proof means.  While I applaud Xondat on his efforts to get this rectified, there seem to be varying accounts of what it took to get those efforts started- not just with classicks.  So to say that he just wants to hurt his reputation/business/livelihood seems like the burden of proof for that intent is on you.

?

If someone accuses someone of wrong doing, you have to have proof... posting a couple pictures of defective boards could mean literally anything. Context (proof of wrong doing, and the burden associated with proving it) is needed.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 July 2018, 14:12:48 by Yeoh »

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 15:02:16 »

I just reread your post.

You are right. Classicks could have legitimately thought this was an acceptable way to bring these issues to light.

Either way, I think we can agree there are much better ways of going about the situation than how he did, cant we?

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 12:30:39 »
idk guys. I had been back and forth for two weeks with the GB runner about getting a partial refund due to damages allegedly caused in shipping. I was making no head way and was not considered a priority.

Shortly after this thread was posted by OP I got a PM and a partial refund on my 268 kit.