Author Topic: Buckling Springs Wallpapers: Model F and Model M  (Read 14050 times)

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
Buckling Springs Wallpapers: Model F and Model M
« on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 23:15:01 »
Hello All,

I had some art time today and have kinda been busy drawing, it's a rare mood for me, so I figured I'd create something that I thought would be kinda neat, two 8K wallpapers for our beloved Buckling Springs keyboards, the Model F, and Model M:

Model F: no keyboard, AT, then XT.
232861-0 232863-1 232865-2

Model M: No Keyboard, M, then M122
232867-3 232869-4 232871-5

No real difference other than the letter and small graphic I found of an IBM Model F Unsaver I found earlier today.

Enjoy!

I've also attached them as Vectors below:
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 January 2020, 17:02:55 by jacethesaltsculptor »

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: Buckling Springs Wallpapers: Model F and Model M
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 02:31:45 »
This would be pretty neat as a deskmat.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 04:14:29 »
Yeah, this would be sweeeeet as a deskmat.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Hernandez

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 00:13:38 »
The thread hit a dead end and nothing was said about the key feel or sound, or even if it can be adapted for use on a modern computer. The keyboard still hasn't been posted, so it should take a little while to get to me. Does anyone else have experience with this keyboard? If so, how does it feel/sound? Can it be used on a modern computer? Mine doesn't have a cable McDVOICE
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 January 2020, 04:32:31 by Hernandez »

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 06:29:19 »
The thread hit a dead end and nothing was said about the key feel or sound, or even if it can be adapted for use on a modern computer. The keyboard still hasn't been posted, so it should take a little while to get to me. Does anyone else have experience with this keyboard? If so, how does it feel/sound? Can it be used on a modern computer? Mine doesn't have a cable.
Ummm, this is a thread about keyboard wallpapers for an Operating system, in the media subforum where we put pictures and desktop wallpapers and the like.

That said if you want some excellent resources on how either of these keyboards sound, work, feel and most anything else, I'd HIGHLY recommend these videos on the Model M and Model F Lineup they are made by one of our forum members:

For adapting them you want to look into Soarer's converters, they are sold on ebay by a seller named Orihalcon, and depending on the keyboard you ultimately decide to go with, you will have to change which one you buy, the converter will adapt ANY of these keyboards to USB, and then allow their usage on any modern OS. (I use mine on Windows and Linux, and a Mac from time to time, with no issues.)

In the future you'll want to look under this forum for these sort of reviews:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=31.0

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline amperrsand

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 21:49:38 »
Oh man, please, someone make a desk mat

Offline tommyshelbyop

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 13:32:59 »
The thread hit a dead end and nothing was said about the key feel or sound, or even if it can be adapted for use on a modern computer. The keyboard still hasn't been posted, so it should take a little while to get to me. Does anyone else have experience with this keyboard? If so, how does it feel/sound? Can it be used on a modern computer? Mine doesn't have a cable mcdvoice
mybkexperience

They functioned much like today's Unicomp, crooked placement of keys and dye-sub arrangement has been their normal operation for some time now ;) .

At least with Eastern Asian areas which have always been isolated from the Western Regime's they had to do things themselves, which actually makes them now far stronger than ever before.

Good to see such rarity rear itself on Flebay.