geekhack Community > Keyboards

Best Tactile Switch?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Blacksmyth:
I was taking a look at some EG Dark Jade switches for my board.

Not sure how they compare to others but from the times I typed on them it was a mesmerizing sound and feel.

nathanchere:
Defintely vintage Cherry browns

Jinyoung:
In my opinion, either Glorious Pandas or Halo Clears.

King Icewind:
Cherry Clears aren't bad but I like Greys. The heavier the better in my opinion.

HungerMechanic:
Honestly, ordinary rubber domes can beat out Cherry MX switches for tactile sensation.

However, the strength of Cherry tactiles is that you don't need to bottom-out to actuate. So you can lift your finger upon hitting the tactile event [which is tied to actuation], and move on to the next switch. So it can be faster and more ergonomic than rubber domes.

With this philosophy, light tactiles like Browns are ideal. I like Everglide Jades, myself. They're not priced too high [only available at KPRepublic right now, though], but you need to lube them. 3204 works fine.

You can also go with Pro Purple or BOX Browns, if following the light tactile philosophy. OxBlood are coming up, but they won't be that cheap.

If you find that you need a little more tactile sensation, something approaching a rubber dome, you can go with MX Clear, as suggested earlier. Stock MX Clear switches aren't great, especially these days. But you can put in a lighter spring. Someone suggested 67 G, which is fine, but I find that 65 TX is pretty good. Even 60 G TX will function correctly, if you want to go that low. Just be sure to lube with 3204 or 205g0.

The best MX-compatible tactiles might be clickies, especially BOX clicky switches. Favoured ones are BOX White and BOX Jade. There are also BOX Pink and BOX Pale Blue for variations of this, and the heaviest commonly available is BOX Navy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version