geekhack Community > Ergonomics

microsoft ergo layout

<< < (2/7) > >>

Findecanor:
If you want mechanical:

Cloud 9: Commercial, full-size, fully split. Limited tenting. Looks fat.
Type K: Premium custom kit. 60% "Alice" layout but tented. Still in Interest Check stage.
KBDFans Mountain Ergo. Also premium custom 60% kit. Alice-like layout but not exact. Group buy in progress.

Or ... get a fully-split flat keyboard such as the a Dygma Raise, Kinesis Freestyle Pro, "Ultimate Hacking Keyboard" or similar and build something yourself that adds tenting, wrist rest and negative incline.

Alice is one piece and flat.

mrninhvn:

--- Quote from: Findecanor on Mon, 12 July 2021, 11:59:32 ---If you want mechanical:

Cloud 9: Commercial, full-size, fully split. Limited tenting. Looks fat.
Type K: Premium custom kit. 60% "Alice" layout but tented. Still in Interest Check stage.
KBDFans Mountain Ergo. Also premium custom 60% kit. Alice-like layout but not exact. Group buy in progress.

Or ... get a fully-split flat keyboard such as the a Dygma Raise, Kinesis Freestyle Pro, "Ultimate Hacking Keyboard" or similar and build something yourself that adds tenting, wrist rest and negative incline.

Alice is one piece and flat.

--- End quote ---
Hmm alice layout doesn't curve all columns like Microsoft keyboard

Gửi từ Pixel XL của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

nevin:
the microsoft & logitech are just a split standard staggered that arch up in the middle

there are ones that have columnar stagger (keeb.io iris & many others)
there are ones that have columnar stagger as well as finger separation x-bows (but no middle arch)

closest you're probably going to get without building one form scratch or buying a microsoft & logitech is to do a split keyboard and tent them so the centers are higher than the outsides.

i've run my split board this way for a while and it's different to get used to but is prertty unique/interesting.
- also, if you have separation between the two halves of a split keyboard you won't want/need the angle (... alice... top edges pointing inwards)

mrninhvn:

--- Quote from: nevin on Mon, 12 July 2021, 12:08:10 ---the microsoft & logitech are just a split standard staggered that arch up in the middle

there are ones that have columnar stagger (keeb.io iris & many others)
there are ones that have columnar stagger as well as finger separation x-bows (but no middle arch)

closest you're probably going to get without building one form scratch or buying a microsoft & logitech is to do a split keyboard and tent them so the centers are higher than the outsides.

i've run my split board this way for a while and it's different to get used to but is prertty unique/interesting.
- also, if you have separation between the two halves of a split keyboard you won't want/need the angle (... alice... top edges pointing inwards)

--- End quote ---
It's not just split, it's curved

Gửi từ Pixel XL của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

nevin:

--- Quote ---It's not just split, it's curved
--- End quote ---

yes, those two production keyboards are about the only two in existence that are like that.
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 (old, not in production anymore as far as i know)
Microsoft - Ergonomic Keyboard (low profile)
Logitech - ERGO K860 Ergonomic

.... they're not as "curved" as you think.
the x-bowes has the "curved" finger separation, and most report it as uncomfortable.

the other option is columnar stagger (a.k.a. the better "curve" for finger length)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version