Author Topic: New Member - Hi - switched to Pok3r pic included  (Read 1442 times)

Offline krbuck

New Member - Hi - switched to Pok3r pic included
« on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 09:36:11 »
Hi GH'ers. I'm new to the world of premium keyboards. I've used them since the late 80s for fun and career, but now I want to have one or two that really conform to my tastes and needs.

I'm starting a build with the Leopold FC660M aluminum case and Carbon keycaps from Massdrop.

Thanks for being a great community and being supportive!
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2015, 16:18:27 by krbuck »

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: New Member - starting a Leopold project
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 05:00:40 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

That's not quite a premium keyboard, on the scale of things, but is a very respectable place to start ;)

Yes start :p  Once you've seen the keyboards some of the other GHers have, you will wonder how you missed out on so many opportunities for so long!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline krbuck

Re: New Member - Hi - switched to Pok3r pic included
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 16:25:21 »
Ok, my last n00bie-ish post. I have attached a pic of my desk setup. I have some purple switches on order. I'd like to start working on a new project; probably a 40% programmable.

Cheers, and thanks for the great support on this board!

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 05:56:26 »
Ha I notice your desk cat is sleeping above the computer - probably managed to find the warmest spot on the desk :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline krbuck

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 07:45:34 »
Ha I notice your desk cat is sleeping above the computer - probably managed to find the warmest spot on the desk :))

She watches the birds from there twitching her tail on my mouse pad. She's a bit crazy. At night sometimes she sits in front of the mirror and meows and yowls at her reflection. Cats are weird man.

Btw, going with the minimalist theme, you noticed my little custom http://www.ncases.com/ M1 based custom computer. Its tiny, but sports a GTX980 and Noctua passive cooler and fans http://i.imgur.com/G5rx2F2.jpg. http://i.imgur.com/GLIShi8.jpg These are amazing little cases occasionally sold through Massdrop.

Cheers!

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 22:07:41 »

She watches the birds from there twitching her tail on my mouse pad. She's a bit crazy. At night sometimes she sits in front of the mirror and meows and yowls at her reflection. Cats are weird man.

Btw, going with the minimalist theme, you noticed my little custom http://www.ncases.com/ M1 based custom computer. Its tiny, but sports a GTX980 and Noctua passive cooler and fans http://i.imgur.com/G5rx2F2.jpg. http://i.imgur.com/GLIShi8.jpg These are amazing little cases occasionally sold through Massdrop.

Cheers!

That's a neat case!

Were I to seek such a case, shipping on Massdrop would probably double the price :))

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 22:36:51 »
enjoy your board m8
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.