Author Topic: New to changing switches, want advise.  (Read 864 times)

Offline myro

New to changing switches, want advise.
« on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 00:02:24 »
Hey there everyone! I've been following mechanical keyboards for a while now and have been going through getting a new main board to use. As a Christmas present I received the ikbc new poker ii with cherry mx blue switches. I really love the 60% board as I have been using a 85% and was looking for something new. I don't however like blue switches. I have an old logitech g710+ with brown switches that I'd like to switch over to the poker.

Here is where i'm looking for some advice from this great community. I pretty much understand what to do to a certain degree.

Use a soldering pen to heat up the connections and then use a solder sucker to pick up the solder material. Then literally the reverse for putting it onto the poker, only adding the new wire or material (not sure what to call the metal you put onto the connections).

The new poker ii does not have any led's except for by the caps lock and I believe 2 on the space bar.

So my question to you guys is what should I look out for when going through this process. I've never used a soldering gun before. Any tips or comments would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!