Author Topic: What happened to the Mode Eighty thread?  (Read 7778 times)

Offline cicatriz

What happened to the Mode Eighty thread?
« on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 11:26:56 »
Did the mods delete the thread or did the OP do it? Seeing as the "raffle" is live at the moment I'm curious what happened.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
Re: What happened to the Mode Eighty thread?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 15:27:44 »
The thread was removed because 'Interest Checks' is not an appropriate subforum for something that can be ordered right now, even if it's through a raffle.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 09:59:57 »
The thread was removed because 'Interest Checks' is not an appropriate subforum for something that can be ordered right now, even if it's through a raffle.

But why delete it then instead of just moving it to the appropriate subforum (in this case groupbuys and preorders)?

This was done with other threads before. Deleting seems kinda harsh to me since all the information that was in the thread is now permanently lost.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 12:09:36 »

But why delete it then instead of just moving it to the appropriate subforum (in this case groupbuys and preorders)?

This was done with other threads before. Deleting seems kinda harsh to me since all the information that was in the thread is now permanently lost.

The thread was not moved to GB because the user posting the thread did not meet requirements to create a thread in GB, and we don't want to encourage breaking one site rule in order to circumvent another site rule.

I believe the thread was 'unapproved' rather than deleted -- like what happens in the Classifieds when a thread breaks the rules. This means that the thread starter can still view the thread, so they will still have access to feedback from the community made before the thread was removed.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 13:17:36 »

The thread was not moved to GB because the user posting the thread did not meet requirements to create a thread in GB, and we don't want to encourage breaking one site rule in order to circumvent another site rule.

I believe the thread was 'unapproved' rather than deleted -- like what happens in the Classifieds when a thread breaks the rules. This means that the thread starter can still view the thread, so they will still have access to feedback from the community made before the thread was removed.
ah ok that makes sense.