Author Topic: What are the best, most thickest PBT caps that I could buy?  (Read 20999 times)

Offline leech

• …always on the lookout for higher quality…
Re: What are the best, most thickest PBT caps that I could buy?
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 15:01:48 »
please could anyone make a clear description of how LEOPOLD PBT 1.5mm keycaps feel and perform?

I mean, do they have a textured surface, or do they feel grippy? Or would you claim that they feel similar to any other China-made ABS or PBT keycaps, i.e. smooth and rather slippery?

I don't like slippery keycap surfaces, i would prefer more grip.
i found that the thin black ABS keycaps by Razer and Corsair have friction surfaces and are not as slippery as the several PBT keycap builds i've tried so far.

Any comment in detail?  :cool:

Offline SpectreiiI

• Scribe
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 20:47:25 »
The gaterons I'm typing on are akin to ceramic. I've never felt anything better.

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 07:00:37 »
OG Cherry POM maybe? Same 1.5mm thickness but denser than PBT.

Offline Entropia

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 09:41:10 »
please could anyone make a clear description of how LEOPOLD PBT 1.5mm keycaps feel and perform?

I mean, do they have a textured surface, or do they feel grippy? Or would you claim that they feel similar to any other China-made ABS or PBT keycaps, i.e. smooth and rather slippery?

I don't like slippery keycap surfaces, i would prefer more grip.
i found that the thin black ABS keycaps by Razer and Corsair have friction surfaces and are not as slippery as the several PBT keycap builds i've tried so far.

Any comment in detail?  :cool:

I have a FC980M and I really like its keycaps. They felt a bit strange at first, but the more I use them, the more I like them. I especially enjoy how they sound and feel. The surface of these keycaps has almost no texture or maybe it's very subtle. However, they are different from normal cheap abs keycaps, because they feel like touching a matt surface. I do not have much experience to compare them to other keycaps. I don't find that they are slippery nor grippy. They are just right.

Offline leech

• …always on the lookout for higher quality…
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 11:25:08 »
nor grippy. They are just right.
Sounds very positive, thanks so much for your detailed explanation/description, appreciated!  :-*

I certainly have no concerns about buying a Poldi. The price seems fair enough too. I'll be broke afterwards though  :-[

Right now i am typing on my new AX keycaps (double shot, translucent, PBT, nominal 1.4mm) and they're an improvement over the stock. I took a couple of cr*ppy photos of them, so i'll better open a new thread for a mini review.

Anyway I am eyeing with the Poldi mkb, even though i am veli satisfied with my current FLICO knockoff wiv de AX keycaps.

( FZYI AX = aliexpress )